Edwardkenway

SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa - Edwardkenway-FINISHED

9 hours ago, Egilman said:

Seriously, the wife is going to give me the askance eye and eventually ask about her boat.... But I'm strongly leaning towards the Revell 1/32nd scale Corsair..... I suppose it will fit on my shelf if I fold one of the wings......

I'm being corrupted by great modeling...... 

Here how to get around that... set up the work area with the ship.  Do some things on the ship.  Then go work on the plane (and here's the important phrase) "while the glue is drying".   Seems to work most of the time.

6 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Hahahaha !  Knew you would take the bait, Lou ! :D;):huh:

Actually there are only 4 un-built aircraft kits in the stash, all 1:48 scale, and 2 of the 4 are huge. It's not the -C130 cargo, Lou,  but rather the Lockheed AC-130A Hercules Gunship.    But then I do have veto power :D.  Patience my friend ! 

I'm taking the bait also, Jack.  Join the Vietnam Era Air Force.  

9 hours ago, Egilman said:

But I'm strongly leaning towards the Revell 1/32nd scale Corsair....

A 1:48 Corsair was my back up if I couldn't get the replacement parts I was after. I definitely follow your build on that👍😉

(The Borg would demand it)

Well considering I'm off work and stuck at home, my time playing, sorry working! on my models is very little due to all the things I have to do round the house. 😫😥

But have got some colour on the dauntless, only the white but it shows? progress. 😁 I'm thinking one more coat and things can start happening again. 

Thanks for all the likes, comments and digressions, they're much appreciated and a nice distraction 😏😉

Cheers till next time 👍

20200330_120936.jpg

I know what you mean Edward, I’m stuck at home working and my P40 is just calling out to me..... nice looking paint job there.... is that with an airbrush?

14 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Thanks OC,  it's all I've ever done, mainly 28mm figures though

The white aircraft bottom is a brilliant display of your brush work. Would have never realized it was brushed on if you had not said so. Excellent.

Today I got some time on dauntless in between chores and fairing Winchelsea, so the intermediate blue got done then masked up to do the sea blue. 

At the time of the photos it still needs a couple more coats of sea blue. 

Thanks for dropping by and the likes everybody 😁😉

Cheers 

20200331_162947.jpg

20200331_162953.jpg

Looking at these photos  I think I may have to lighten this blue?

20200331_191340.thumb.jpg.eefdaae3224df168006d1b2d5272368d.jpg

:DMore time "playing "

The sea blue has been slightly lightened and the final coat applied. Masking has been removed and it's not too bad with only a bit of bleed on the nose.

I'll touch up the few bits tomorrow. 

Till then thanks for the likes. 

Cheers 😏👍

20200331_175343.jpg

20200331_175348.jpg

20200331_191354.jpg

20200331_191318.jpg

Another day of lockdown and I'm glad to say the weather is quite decent so been outside sanding  Winchelsea bulkheads. I've not forgotten about the dauntless but only doing little bits at a time so I've still got something to do in the coming days!

So the main landing gear has been fitted and I've attempted to make a paint mask for the canopy. 

For the likes and comments I thank you. 👍

Cheers 😁20200403_115701.thumb.jpg.380bb3abab4c4b1ba4ba6b940d3a9b13.jpg

I'll post some photos of the canopy if it works out, but for now take my word for it that it is fiddly, frustrating and may get binned amid muttered cursing and hair pulling 🤬(scalp scratching)

20200403_115742.jpg

Hope you are able to work out the canopy problem Edward. Is the canopy or the masking? Ether way I hope it comes together for you, I would hate to think you had lost any remaining hair or damaged your scalp. Sometimes it is better to stick to the bad words, (unless the wife is around). Another method is to go out to the back yard and yell, then the neighbors will wonder what is up.:D Which reminds me:

3a14b5c5a2de7cc592c6c592797477bd.png.max548.png

Tis the masking,  I'm too tight to buy a canopy paint mask so have attempted to make my own from tamiya masking tape,  a lot of tiny little squares and triangles to cut out  but it is getting there, just 6 more pieces to make!  My scalp and few hairs are undamaged as is the canopy, so don't worry unduly gentlemen. 

Thankyou for your concern over my mental health 🤪😱

she's coming along nicely.......I have that task to do on the Memphis belle {when I can get back to her}.   I cheated though......I bought a mask set.  I mentioned this on Craig's log,  but have you seen the movie Midway?  there are some great shots of the Dauntless,  as well as the Zero......and even a Japanese bomber.  the carrier shots were really neat too :) 

1 hour ago, Edwardkenway said:

Thankyou for your concern over my mental health

My mental health was shot years ago. 

Way back in a time long ago I was required to take a mental exam for the work I was entering into. As I was hired there is a fairly good chance that I may have passed it, but then they could have just been desperate. But at any rate I have told people ever since that I am crazy and have papers to prove it.

1 hour ago, popeye the sailor said:

I mentioned this on Craig's log,  but have you seen the movie Midway?  there are some great shots of the Dauntless,  as well as the Zero......and even a Japanese bomber.  the carrier shots were really neat too :) 

Yep I've seen the film, really good! But for a great Pacific campaign war film you got go a long way to beat Tora, Tora, Tora. If they remade that today with CGI effects it'd be a blockbuster 😁😉

29 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Yep I've seen the film, really good! But for a great Pacific campaign war film you got go a long way to beat Tora, Tora, Tora. If they remade that today with CGI effects it'd be a blockbuster 😁😉

Couldn't agree more  and Empire of the Sun.

OC.