GEMMA 1863 - hyw-1:36

19 hours ago, G.L. said:

Whaw, that goes fast. And such a clean joinery! I wonder how you get it done.

I've been working since the middle of last September. I usually have enough time, so I have enough patience to finish it. No less than 10 hours a day. Except for machining, most of the parts are done by hand. I am very concerned about the cleanliness of the work environment, not only to reduce the dust caused by the processing bias, but also to accurately find the tools I need.

Oh come on now; you have to have a team of elves out the back doing this? ;)  Truely beautiful detail; you are a master craftsman - I think any cabinet maker would be proud of those furniture items, yet alone these being at scale!

Is that small vise / gripper you show at post #67, 7 down a purchased item?  With your skills, you probably made this?  It looks a very handy tool/accessory.   If you made this would you please show some other shots of it?

DSC01115.JPG.62923c7e9edf6173126b42106c0c3069.jfif

cheers

Pat

Edited by BANYAN

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

10 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Oh come on now; you have to have a team of elves out the back doing this? ;)  Truely beautiful detail; you are a master craftsman - I think any cabinet maker would be proud of those furniture items, yet alone these being at scale!

Is that small vise / gripper you show at post #67, 7 down a purchased item?  With your skills, you probably made this?  It looks a very handy tool/accessory.   If you made this would you please show some other shots of it?

DSC01115.JPG.62923c7e9edf6173126b42106c0c3069.jfif 151.55 kB · 3 downloads

cheers

Pat

Thank you for your appreciation. I've posted this rectangular locator separately. If you're interested, you can take a look. I designed and built them myself.

hyw, outstanding work. This is as good as it gets. Like many others who have posted here, I would like to see more of your processes. We can call learn from you!

Mark

21 hours ago, SJSoane said:

hyw, outstanding work. This is as good as it gets. Like many others who have posted here, I would like to see more of your processes. We can call learn from you!

Mark

Thank you for the compliment. There is no best. Only better. . . This forum will also let me learn more。

That is stunning, lovely work

Regards

Paul 

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁