GEMMA 1863 - hyw-1:36

This is truly a boat in miniature. I deduce that the brass template in the third photo is a jig for laying out the nibbed joints of the margin plank. Each angle appears to be slightly different. Brilliant!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Exceptional skills with such clean results.  I especially like your scarf template; a great idea.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Absolutely sublime workmanship,  just beautiful!!

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

On 4/15/2020 at 1:12 PM, dvm27 said:

This is truly a boat in miniature. I deduce that the brass template in the third photo is a jig for laying out the nibbed joints of the margin plank. Each angle appears to be slightly different. Brilliant!

Scarph joint template I would have said but could be wrong

The clerk of the cheque's yacht of sheerness

Current build HMS Sirius (1797) 1:48 scratch POF from NMM plans

HMS Winchelsea by chuck 1:48

Cutter cheerful by chuck 1:48

Previous builds-

Elidir - Thames steam barge

Cutty Sark-Billings boats

Wasa - billings boats

Among others 😁

On 4/15/2020 at 8:12 PM, dvm27 said:

Hello. I take the common "Z" shape interface size to make the template, facilitates the accurate localization before the processing. Angle can be arbitrarily changed, the end line can be arbitrarily extended. 

Perfection ! Just a big thumbs up for this high level work ! Very great art.

Jean-Paul

'You are not carving a bear with a chain saw here folks',

Chuck Passaro, ´Queen Anne Style Barge´ manual of instructions

Current builds :

Finished build :

Next on list :

• Santa Maria boat - Korabel (Ukraine) - 1:24

I pressed the « like » button only in your last post, but it’s just laziness from my part, because all your posts deserve the « like » ;) ... Impressive woodworking and metalsmith talent ! I am in awe !

Absolutely love everything you have done so far. Keep it coming !

Hunert

Edited by Hubert Boillot

10 hours ago, wefalck said:

What else can one do, but hit the 'like' button ...

Well, I still have a question: you seem to alternate between two different building rigs, why ?

So you can't just like it and not have any problems. Ha Ha! It works like this: the greatest use of the metal platform is to be able to adjust the angle of the hull at any time, such as in the laying of slats, while the wooden platform is relatively fixed, a stable, continuous support operation. Besides, the metal table is big and heavy, and the space in the house is very limited. My tools are scattered in different rooms, sometimes for convenience.

3 hours ago, Hubert Boillot said:

I pressed the « like » button only in your last post, but it’s just laziness from my part, because all your posts deserve the « like » ;) ... Impressive woodworking and metalsmith talent ! I am in awe !

Absolutely love everything you have done so far. Keep it coming !

Hunert

Thank you for your attention。:)

3 hours ago, druxey said:

Usually the nibbed waterway is flush with the deck planking. Is this not so on Gemma?

3 hours ago, druxey said:

Usually the nibbed waterway is flush with the deck planking. Is this not so on Gemma?

Thank you for your attention. Actually, I'm just as confused as you are. But GEMA's drawing was in many ways incoherent, my English was poor, and I didn't have much information to use, so I had to refer to the winner's work, and in order to do that, it took me a lot more time to work out the details. I don't think it's going to affect the drainage down there, because the deck is very curved.

Talk about a profectionest your are the king, and all the tools and jigs .... your are most definately at the top of the list of hmmmm professional builders? I love your build log, fantastic job, I love your jigs, beautiful, and your made tools!

Cheers, Guy
The Learner
Current Member NRG,SMA

Current Build: HMS Triton 1:48 on line

7 hours ago, yvesvidal said:

Superb craftsmanship. Will this model be used for teaching students about boats, or will it be displayed in a museum?

Yves

The House is full of tools. There's no room for models here. Usually, I sell it when I'm done. I just love the challenging process of modeling, and I love making special tools.