Bibury Arlington Row by masa - Aedes ars - Ho scale

nice build, have you made any more progress?

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

40 minutes ago, Kevin said:

nice build, have you made any more progress?

++1

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

1 hour ago, Kevin said:

any more progress

Sorry about delay. 😔 I'm doing the NRG half hull planking kit. I rescheduled due date of this project from June 2020 to June 2021 which is the person's birthday. I'll restart this build from March 2021, and complete two more wooden models before that. In 2020, my last complete project will be NRG HHP kit. I'll upload it next month. :D 

I hope you have happy holiday and safe new year.

process.jpg.d95a9fd175f30ee23c9acfe0895be223.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, mikeredroom said:

Hi group, new to the group, new to modelling,....general newby all round. I started my build yesterday and got the card frames up...

@mikeredroom welcome, please start a new topic so we can all follow you, 

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

1 hour ago, mikeredroom said:

Hi

Hello, Mikeredroom.

It is fascinating to hear that someone started this beautiful kit. I look forward to your project how it will be different from my job. Please make a new post and make people to concentrate on your project. If you leave a comment like @mikeredroom or hyperlink of my article, people can compare yours with mine. 👍

today.jpg.60ac99dd6a623531ca3b5e8eaf77d0e2.jpg

you've made some great progress ..........looks more like it  ;)    great job!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

10 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

made some great progress

Thanks for the comment, but I just moved the kit from workbench to unused desk a few months ago. 😏 Actually, I dropped the whole kit once and one of the wood chimney (left side) was broken. That's all. No crack on block walls. It has unbelievably stubborn and solid structure! 😮

• 5 months later...

bar101.jpg.2887a81e9ef589cc96c9c27746c9e21c.jpg

Hello! Long time no see. ;) I'm happy with good news that people are overcoming the COVID19.🧡

It's been an year since 2020 deadline, and there are three weeks before 2021 deadline. 😱 I'm rushing my job, and hope to give the present sucessfully this year. Tiling roofs is a repeated task, so I will upload photos when I reach a noticeable step. (It should be within 3 weeks!)

Good to see you back  - keep up the splendid work.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Good to see again, Old Collingwood and Waitoa. 

Here is another great news. Ekis finished his masterpiece work on this February.

As I said, I stick to an angle and lines because of uniformity, so I'm making every roof tile all same size. However, his splendid work with raw and rough tiles shakes my decision. It seems more natural expression for medieval buildings!

Edited by modeller_masa

And the prodigal son returns.... Welcome back!

Will be good to see this finished as well....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Hello, Egilman. Nice to see you again. :D 

bar201.thumb.jpg.9627f3a9b6938a4c77126400a3daac03.jpg

bar202.thumb.jpg.62c4068246f1725a7818d04a993e3a2e.jpg

I'm considering the Ekis' method. He used raw rough tiles with weathering technique. 

My precisely aligned tiles are very good, in itself. The result looks like printed roof of commercial doll house just I wanted. Every blocks has 10.0 x 5.5mm size. Unfortunately, the post processing is painful and takes lots of time. It takes about 1 minutes per each block, but it is enjoyable when I paste each tile on roof thanks to the standardized size. 

On the contrary, raw tiles doesn't steal much time. it is a bit annoying to paste tiles due to uneven size, but it ultimately saves 2~3 times more than aligning every tile.

bar203.thumb.jpg.f394d372b2ef3101b67bde2350058096.jpg

The order side is finished and polished, but chaos side is not. You may think that these photos are fine, but in real world, gaps between tiles and shadows is much visible, and it degrades overall qualities although entire exterior at long distance is ok. I can't satisfy with the raw tiles.

The reason I pasted rough tiles is that Ekis successfully managed it with weathering technique. His weathering technique covered weakness of raw tiles, and made buildings more like impressive medieval ruin. I'm considering to apply weathering to half of this building. My only issue is lack of time... 🤪

Edited by modeller_masa

In fact, I see that you form a 45° angle on each tile in a very regular way on the front side.
For the village, I preferred to make the angles more rounded, but more importantly, I sanded each tile on the front side so that they look thinner when they cover the ones below. The thickness seems to me more in harmony with the scale of the buildings.
I also used different sizes of tiles for different uses and houses. 
I also deliberately left some broken or badly cut tiles to show roofs that are not all new.

Here, if it helps you, I put some pictures to illustrate all this.
Good luck ! It's long and quite tedious to do, like the sails of an 18th century sailboat... 😉

P2210063.JPG

P2210078.JPG

PC190018.JPG

PB030032.JPG

P4120005.JPG

Edited by Ekis

Thanks, Ekis! Your knowhow really helps me a lot. I understood that you spent tons of time and effort on sanding tiles, and weathering is one of many improving ideas. There was no easy way to achieve such great result. 😌 I'll apply these tips as much as possible to be more realistic. :D 

bar301.jpg.2d5787abd556e71aa28cb32be5064adc.jpg

I made chimney stovepipes using 4mm brass tubes. Also, I made chimney caps using 3D printer. I wasn't sure to cut brass sheet circularly without error. I holded them with 0.35mm brass tripods using epoxy glue. 

bar302.jpg.4750996aa554b628fbf06901f8d82824.jpg

This color is too darker than I expected, but seems ok. I mixed blue and brown to be bronze green. Maybe I should have mixed white lacqure a little bit.

bar303.thumb.jpg.2da7ffa193b45bd8613be2f3a4873792.jpg

While I was drilling holes, one of chimney was broke. :( I'll remove it and make it again.

bar304.jpg.24132a0b572499c433aad13bc8f542cb.jpg

Most of chimneys are done. I referred to real pictures when I designed, and I like my result. 👍