Goodbye all from Dan Vadas. (You will be missed by us all) RIP

Dan,

This very sad news.  I don't post much,  been around since 2007.  Mainly I absorb as much as I can. I always read Your posts,  have learned from almost every one.  Your build of the Swan Class was a real education for me.  You will be much missed.  I hope they can ease Your pain.

BobW

Hello Dan:

Your builds have always impressed and astonished me in terms of their accuracy, the diversity of the subjects you choose and the care and detail you put into your work. I understand your decision to say farewell here, having several close friends who are fighting similar battles - I wish you and your family the best

hamilton

Danny

People have rightly mentioned your inspirational build logs. I'm also deeply indebted to you for your masting & rigging spreadsheet and your quick-find index for build logs, both of which I use frequently and extensively. Both products show how deeply committed you have been to helping fellow modellers over the years. We have never met, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Derek

So sad to hear this Danny.

You were among the first to welcome me here to MSW all those years ago and have been a mentor for me ever since. As well as your amazing builds, I will never forget the wonderful assistance you gave to me via “remote control” when I decided to rebuild the stern of my Victory. Unlike many others here, I have had the privilege to meet you on a few occasions, and even to share a wee dram with you. I will always remember you as kind and helpful soul, always prepared to go the extra yard to help a fellow modeller. Thank you for everything you have done both for me personally, and for this great forum. You will be missed.

Farewell my friend.

Posted (edited)

Such sad news Danny,

Hope you get a chance to read all the comments from everyone.

Took a lot of courage to write that message. I can't begin to know how you feel.

I have lost both parents and nans and grandads to this horrible disease. 

Take comfort, that when the time comes for you to leave this world, you will be with your loved ones.

I am confident I can say that you will be greatly missed by all the members of this forum.

It has been an honor and a privilege to count you as a friend even though we never met in person.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

Paul 

Edited by Paul Jarman

Dan,

I am so sorry to hear this news. Although I rarely post on this forum, I have closely followed your various build logs. In particular, your Vulture log served as an essential instructional manual for my own Swan class build. Your expertise and contributions to this forum have been an inspiration to all.

My thoughts  are with you at this difficult time.

Dave

Danny,

I am so sorry and touched, taking notice of the sad background for you saying farewell to your fellow members. I was not so aware of the health battle you were fighting the last years, and have highest respect for your courage and your strong naturel, your kind and helpful assistance as a modeler and so as an administrator. When I joined in to MSW you were just under way with the HMS Vulture, which I admired so much and still do

Thank you so much for all you have given to your freinds

Nils

Dan - like many I have learned so much from you, and you have inspired me and so many to try to take this hobby to the next level and not being afraid of mistakes and redo's.  You have put so much of your personality into your build logs for posterity, and you will be remembered for a very long time on this forum.  I wish you all the best.

I am so sorry Dan, it took a lot of courage to post your farewell. I think most of us that have had to deal with this disease understand. You never gave up the last couple of years when you first posted your illness and are still fighting a courageous battle. I hope I can only display half of what you have the past several years when my time comes. My best to you and your family.

John

Danny,

I am so sorry and sad to read your news and may I offer my best wishes to you and your family, you were one of the first to welcome me on MSW 1 and encourage and advise me through my build of the Norfolk. I have learned so much from you by looking at your builds and tips over the years. You will be sorely missed.

Thank you.

It is really difficult to answer or find words, as others have said, I understand what you are going through since my sister suffers from the same thing ... but fortunately we will have your legacy in this forum, your knowledge will be preserved and I am sure they will be very much Help for others ... I will not say goodbye, your presence will be with us until together we sail in other seas ...

Hi Dan - we haven't corresponded much on here, but I found a lot of inspiration from your work and your commitment to making even the smallest parts and assemblies as perfectly as possible.  Your Vulture log is an absolute gem on here, and I learned a ton from reading it.  I had to stop reading your card logs because I was finding myself increasingly being drawn to wanting to start a card model when i have enough hobbies at the moment (though I couldn't resist and did sneak peeks here and there).  Take care and thank you for all your time and contributions here.