Dan Vadas

Goodbye all from Dan Vadas. (You will be missed by us all) RIP

Dan

i am so sorry to hear this news from youi

thank you so very much, for the help and advice you have given me and other MSW members, i miss you already

Dan – your news left me stunned and initially speechless, made more poignant by travelling a similar journey over recent years. Seeing you name listed in the ‘recent posts’ section made a post a ‘must’ to read, your work in all modelling mediums pure inspiration. I’d never appreciated just what could be achieved in card! Your sage advice and encouragement genuinely motivational and appreciated. Thank you. I struggle to think of anyone for whom the term ‘legend’ is more appropriate.

Best wishes,

Graham.

Dan, I’m so sorry to read this. 

Know that your contributions here have helped so many people you’ve never met and who probably didn’t say thanks at the time. So for me, that’s a big thank you for all the help, inspiration and solid work here on the site.

You’re a top bloke. Go well my friend. 

Wayne

Dan we have never met but know that a sadness for your plight grips me. You are the second person in two months who has had to put down their tools doing what they have loved to do. Would that I could personally offer you words of comfort and peace......

Joe

Dan,

I wish you and yours strength and courage in facing the trials ahead. You leave here at MSW a legion of friends and admirers; a beautiful body of work and an unfillable void. It saddens me to hear such news but I’m glad you had the time and bravery to share this grim news with us and to read of the love and respect that MSW has for you.

-Eric

Just read your post Dan, Like so many others This news hit me in the gut, I hope the rest of your journey can be peaceful and that your pain can be diminished. Thank you for all your wonderful contributions to us through your work and insight. Thank you for your courage in sharing your situation with us. Farewell Sir!

Kindest regards Michael

Hi all,

I thought I'd give you all an update on my current situation, as I've received over 100 replies to my condition. WOW - I was expecting maybe 15 or 20 .... thank you all very much for your concern and good wishes. What a family you all are to me :) :) :).

I'm still hanging in there, although nowhere near at "full capacity". The pain is being managed quite well now that the docs have finally arrived at the right dosage of medication. I'm going in for a treatment later today that hopefully will keep me going for a while yet - perhaps even years. Fingers crossed.

I know I said that the Bulgar locomotive and wagons would be my last model, and I didn't want to start a model on MSW that may have remained unfinished, but I've managed to keep going with another card kit which I'll post pics of a little later on when I get nearer to completing it. It's a Harbourside diorama of a section of the Hamburg docks from HMV, including a freighter (so it will be in the "normal" Build Log forum under "Cross Sections, Guns and Dioramas" in the Index). Here's a taste of the kit's cover art :

IMG_6950.JPG

So far I've done the Warehouse/Background section and I'm getting very close to finishing the Freighter. How much of the rest will be done will be up to my health, but all the other pieces can be classed as "optional".

Cheers, and I hope to see you all for quite a while yet :).

Danny

2 hours ago, Dan Vadas said:

I'm still hanging in there, although nowhere near at "full capacity". The pain is being managed quite well now that the docs have finally arrived at the right dosage of medication. I'm going in for a treatment later today that hopefully will keep me going for a while yet - perhaps even years. Fingers crossed.

Absolutely! Hoping that can come true, with my every fibre. Rooting for you! 

Fantastic news, Dan! It so nice to hear some really good news in these difficult times with so much suffering and heartbreak in the world currently.

I'm so glad you are back in the boatyard. It looks like a very interesting and challenging model. I'll be following along. These card models amaze me.

Stay safe and keep up the good fight!

Best regards,