Dan Vadas

Goodbye all from Dan Vadas

I don't know how many of you are aware but I've had cancer for the past 6 years, and it's progressed to the stage where they can no longer do anything for me. The pain in my lower back has been getting so severe lately that I'm finding it nearly impossible to sit at my workbench for longer than an hour or so at a time before I need to take a long break. In addition the pain medication I'm now on makes me extremely drowsy and I sleep for most of the day. I don't know how much longer I'll be around, so while I'm still able I'm taking the opportunity to say my farewell.

Thank you to everyone on this wonderful forum for the friendship over the years, and to all those who followed my many builds. I'm making this my goodbye.

Danny

Dear Danny,

I am so sorry to hear about the aggressiveness of your cancer and the toll it's been taking on you.
I hope you have had a great time with us here at MSW, I certainly have enjoyed reading your build logs as they have been very inspirational.
Hope you will enjoy to read about our progress instead.
 My best and warmest thoughts to you and your family.

Gosh, Dan, that's heavy news! I am really sorry to hear it, but your decision is clearly the only one you can make. I have followed your various builds since 2012, and have been so inspired by your approach. I hope that you'll be able to make yourself more comfortable and take as much rest as possible. You have been central to MSW, and your posts will remain with us and future builders as the monuments they deserve to be.

Tony

Although we have never communicated to any extent, I have enjoyed and admired your builds and insights to the hobby Dan. It is very sad news indeed, but I wish you good luck in your time to come and I hope all goes as well as possible for you.

Dear Dan,

This must have been a very tough post to write. I do appreciate you sharing your news with us. I'm so sorry to read of your illness and that nothing further can be done for you. I only hope that your pain can be well controlled. Thank you for sharing so much of your fine, fine work with us over the past few years. It is a legacy to be proud of. Thank you also for all your administrative work on MSW. My heartfelt best wishes to you and your family as you travel this difficult road. Vale!

So sorry you're losing your battle with cancer Danny. I have much admired both your Swan class model build and the breadth of other subjects you've shared with us over the years. Rest easy my friend.

Dan, I am truly sorry to here about your situation.  It is because of people like you that kept this site such a wonderful place of knowledge and friendships.  Your services and input are greatly appreciated here and will be sorely missed.  I wish you and your family well in a difficult situation.

Tom

Very sad new indeed Dan. I've always enjoyed your posts and build logs and appreciated all your dedication to making this site what it is. You can look back now on all the fine models you have built and just remember that your work will be an inspiration to many of us and future model builders. You have set the bar high.

Best wishes going forward in your journey of this life.

Peter

Danny,

I'm shocked and deeply saddened by your news.  I've really enjoyed working with you over the years and appreciated your support and hard work for MSW; both as a member and as an administrator.  My one prayer now is that your medical team can make you as comfortable as possible!

John

I am relatively new around here Dan but have followed and been inspired by your builds since my first day. Without a doubt among the finest work on this or any other model building sight. Please accept my heartfelt thanks and know that we are all saddened by this very devastating news. I will pray for your comfort and that of your family.

God Bless.

Dan,

Very sad news indeed. I've been amazed and inspired by the incredible work you've posted (and so has my wife!) working with card, often shaking my head

in disbelief at your skill and always looking forward to what your next build would be. I wish you peace, sir....

Gary

We haven't interacted at all, but I too have found inspiration in your various build logs and reasoned and helpful comments.   I know that I will no doubt gain much from future reading of your work here as well.  Know that your legacy and work here will be treasured by those of us new, and those of us seasoned for years to come.   As well, thanks for all you've done as MSW staff.    Best Wishes.  

Good Evening Dan;

Like some of the others on here I have followed your build logs (mostly after you finished them) without exchanging any posts. From what I have seen, all the comments above from others are well justified, and it is a matter of great sadness that no more examples will come from you. 

On the other hand, such talent will undoubtedly have its place on the other side, in that big shipyard where the ships sail between the stars. And the modeller's club there must be the largest that any of us could ever dream of. One day I hope to meet you there.

All the best,

Mark P

words cannot express Dan,  the sadness I'm feeling.   we didn't chat a whole lot,  but your jaw dropping projects,  and your sage advice,  has helped me immensely with the way I solve some of my own problems.   your name has been synonymous with the site.........foremost for as long as I've been here.   you won't leave the table just yet...it's in your blood.........I'm certain that you'll make good use of the time you have left.  but when you do,  a great void will be felt.  whenever I use an archive pen to simulate calking....I'll think of you ...........one of the greatest tips you gave me.   you have my utmost respect and admiration :imNotWorthy:

Hi Danny

This is sad news indeed and your presence will be sorely missed.  You were probably the first to welcome me and provide advice away back in MSW 1.0 days when i started my Endeavour.

I hope you are able to enjoy your remaining time in peace.

Best Regards

Slog

I have only been actively participating in this forum for a couple of months but I have been reading it since 2014 and your builds are masterful and inspirational. I received news this morning that a friend had passed away from cancer and I have another friend who is losing a courageous battle day by day so your unfortunate news hits home. Thank you for your contributions to this forum. Although I don't know you personally, my thoughts are with you and your loved ones. I wish you comfort and peace sir...

Sincerely,

Bob Garcia 

Dan,

I am very sorry to hear this.  I didn't feel it was appropriate to hit the 'react' or 'like' button, so here is my reaction.  😧😧😧

I don't think we have ever corresponded directly, but I know I have gained much from your various build logs and posts on other's logs.  You will be greatly missed!!! :imNotWorthy: