Zara by RGL - FINISHED - Trumpeter - 1/350 - PLASTIC - Italian heavy cruiser

2 hours ago, Old Collingwood said:

Small tip  - when your parcel arrives from china  -  sanitize it  - just in case.

OC.

I was thinking the same thing!

9 hours ago, RGL said:

It’s just amazing how classy the interior details are. Amazingly impractical but stylish. 

I'm wanting to believe that the classy interiors were for the officers?  High ranking ones?   If the crew had them, there would have a been fight to join the fleet.

As for the toilet paper shortages... I don't get it.  The virus doesn't cause bowel or stomach problems.  I guess it's one of "follow the leader"... one person does it, brags on social media and everyone else follows.   There's tails of fist fights breaking out here in the States over the stuff.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

14 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

As for the toilet paper shortages... I don't get it.  The virus doesn't cause bowel or stomach problems.  I guess it's one of "follow the leader"... one person does it, brags on social media and everyone else follows.   There's tails of fist fights breaking out here in the States over the stuff.

Just goes to show how quickly civil society could dissolve if there was a real emergency. People are acting so stupid and cowardly.

Absolutely Daddy Rabbit, people go Primal pretty quickly and mobs are dangerous creatures. There is also a massive problem here of people buying up all the baby formula  they can and re selling it back to China. 

unfortunately it’s not going to stop any time soon 

Greg

Here we have plenty of TP, but all the Lysol, hand sanitizer, rubbing alcohal, masks, and cleaning wipes are long gone.

Soap and warm water, for 20 seconds or so, works better on viruses than rubbing alcohol does.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Nobody believes that.... That sounds so simple, so it can't be true.

madness is setting in here too. Meetings cancelled, people forced to work at home, schools closing at first cough. 

Interseting chain reactions: scholl closing, kids at home, parents not being able to go to work (or asked to stay at home when the kids feeling not completely well)

On the bright side: plenty of space in the commuters train ;)

Jan

56 minutes ago, amateur said:

Nobody believes that.... That sounds so simple, so it can't be true.

madness is setting in here too. Meetings cancelled, people forced to work at home, schools closing at first cough. 

Interseting chain reactions: scholl closing, kids at home, parents not being able to go to work (or asked to stay at home when the kids feeling not completely well)

On the bright side: plenty of space in the commuters train ;)

Jan

This might be the worst global pandemic since the spanish flu a hundred years ago so a certain level of alertness is advisable.

Northern Italy is a rather horrible example of how bad it can get very quickly. Still, hoarding toilet paper might not be the best solution :)

Erie County NY ran out of toilet paper, hand wipes, sanitizer, paper towels, bottled water, hand soap. THIS  is a County that knows how to hunker down when Lake Effect snow storms dump 7 feet of snow in 48 hours.  :o

NY State passed Seattle and California 2 days ago in number of cases, but majority are in NY CITY with one case up here in Ulster County. But NOOOOO cases west of Albany NY.   So Far !  My Epidemiology (PhD) daughter says best infectious disease control is containment, meaning cancel everything you can and keep people separated from each other, wash hands with soap and water frequently and don't touch your face.  

Edited by Jack12477

28 minutes ago, cog said:

Get me another corona, I'd like to enjoy the build from RGL

I agree except I would prefer a Heffe weisz beer over Corona or better yet a pint of Guinness 

Edited by Jack12477

looking really good Greg......did you chase out all the portholes?  they look nice 'n clean....very distinct. 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

So while I’m still awaiting the upgrade from China, I bought a spares set from HMS Exeter on. FB group, deck set, masts set and frets for $30; that’s about $15 US at the moment. 

I don’t intend on building her but the masts alone are with $30 and can swap out plastic ones. 

3ED183E2-F542-49D3-8055-77AEA600A85A.jpeg

Greg