RGL

Heavy Cruiser Zara by RGL - Trumpeter - 1/350

9 hours ago, RGL said:

It’s just amazing how classy the interior details are. Amazingly impractical but stylish. 

I'm wanting to believe that the classy interiors were for the officers?  High ranking ones?   If the crew had them, there would have a been fight to join the fleet.

As for the toilet paper shortages... I don't get it.  The virus doesn't cause bowel or stomach problems.  I guess it's one of "follow the leader"... one person does it, brags on social media and everyone else follows.   There's tails of fist fights breaking out here in the States over the stuff.

14 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

As for the toilet paper shortages... I don't get it.  The virus doesn't cause bowel or stomach problems.  I guess it's one of "follow the leader"... one person does it, brags on social media and everyone else follows.   There's tails of fist fights breaking out here in the States over the stuff.

Just goes to show how quickly civil society could dissolve if there was a real emergency. People are acting so stupid and cowardly.

Absolutely Daddy Rabbit, people go Primal pretty quickly and mobs are dangerous creatures. There is also a massive problem here of people buying up all the baby formula  they can and re selling it back to China. 

unfortunately it’s not going to stop any time soon 

8 hours ago, CDW said:

Just goes to show how quickly civil society could dissolve if there was a real emergency. People are acting so stupid and cowardly.

Emphasis on "real" emergency.... Well said!! The whole thing is so ridiculous.

Yves

Nobody believes that.... That sounds so simple, so it can't be true.

madness is setting in here too. Meetings cancelled, people forced to work at home, schools closing at first cough. 

Interseting chain reactions: scholl closing, kids at home, parents not being able to go to work (or asked to stay at home when the kids feeling not completely well)

On the bright side: plenty of space in the commuters train ;)

Jan

56 minutes ago, amateur said:

Nobody believes that.... That sounds so simple, so it can't be true.

madness is setting in here too. Meetings cancelled, people forced to work at home, schools closing at first cough. 

Interseting chain reactions: scholl closing, kids at home, parents not being able to go to work (or asked to stay at home when the kids feeling not completely well)

On the bright side: plenty of space in the commuters train ;)

Jan

This might be the worst global pandemic since the spanish flu a hundred years ago so a certain level of alertness is advisable.

Northern Italy is a rather horrible example of how bad it can get very quickly. Still, hoarding toilet paper might not be the best solution :)

Erie County NY ran out of toilet paper, hand wipes, sanitizer, paper towels, bottled water, hand soap. THIS  is a County that knows how to hunker down when Lake Effect snow storms dump 7 feet of snow in 48 hours.  :o

NY State passed Seattle and California 2 days ago in number of cases, but majority are in NY CITY with one case up here in Ulster County. But NOOOOO cases west of Albany NY.   So Far !  My Epidemiology (PhD) daughter says best infectious disease control is containment, meaning cancel everything you can and keep people separated from each other, wash hands with soap and water frequently and don't touch your face.  

28 minutes ago, cog said:

Get me another corona, I'd like to enjoy the build from RGL

I agree except I would prefer a Heffe weisz beer over Corona or better yet a pint of Guinness 

Well, I think the mail from China is obviously sick, and I’m a bit stuck as I can’t progress as I have no idea what I need to do with the PE as there is no online instructions.  

might start Borodino 

I've been hoarding the 1:350 Roma and a few detail sets. Your Heavy Cruiser Zara is tempting me to build the Roma.

Whether it's automobiles, ships, or even aircraft, (not to mention the beautiful women) the Italians make some sexy looking things.

So while I’m still awaiting the upgrade from China, I bought a spares set from HMS Exeter on. FB group, deck set, masts set and frets for $30; that’s about $15 US at the moment. 

I don’t intend on building her but the masts alone are with $30 and can swap out plastic ones. 

3ED183E2-F542-49D3-8055-77AEA600A85A.jpeg