Fright

'Jenny' Shrimp Boat by Fright - Lindberg - 1:60 - Plastic

Many thanks to all of you for dropping in and leaving your comments. For a $20 investment, this kit has been a real joy to work on. I've learned so much from reading posts and looking at spectacular model builds over the last few years. Cheers! 

:cheers:

My sheaves and blocks arrived so I've started in on the rigging. Mast, boom and ladder now glued to the deck. I drilled a few holes into the mast and boom to accommodate the sheaves (I'm using them as my pulleys) and blocks. I realized that the boats probably used cables on the winches so I had to color the lighter thread that I had used with some Testors CreateFX Acrylic Flat Black Wash. I ordered (another wait) 2' of blackened 20 link per inch chain from Prescott Hobbies to use on the doors for the outriggers. My wife is printing out my American flag that will be flying next to Lt. Dan sitting atop of the boom. Here is my progress up to this point: 

94341812_215401153089991_6527166506738909184_n.jpg

93593472_1436213709916701_3751610949023301632_n (1).jpg

94472870_268830224276107_5276099909882216448_n.jpg

94310982_231685361252542_1297442876329820160_n.jpg

94143901_673775606775124_6422047684680482816_n.jpg

Lou - LOL  Their spring loaded and willing to jump into the nets! The chain for the 'doors' should arrive by the 27th of April. I'm debating whether I should include the doors or not. The few photos that I can find on the Jenny looks like the film crew had them removed for filming purpose. Decisions !!!

I have made a little more progress with my rigging. I finished adding the chain to the net doors and rigged them to the outrigger lines. I made an anchor using styrene sheet and cut up eye hooks and placed it on the bow. Next step is my netting. I'm dying the tulle using dark green and black mixture.

96364143_241749163751472_8795549455441985536_n.jpg

96259395_699060240910394_7780061260720111616_n.jpg

96519652_581619635814565_5158004728902189056_n.jpg

96215602_2536599889936497_5870395689975939072_n.jpg

looks awesome Robert.   I got to watch Forrest Gump this afternoon........you certainly did Jenny justice :)     one thing is missing however..........Lt. Dan up in the riggings  :D   a wheel chair on the deck would be a nice touch too  ;) 

superb job! 

Popeye - I have Lt. Dan waiting in the wings. The Lt. and the American flag will go on last. I have already broken his arm once and I do not want to press my luck! As for the wheelchair, I have made two attempts at creating the wheelchair. 1st attempt I had both sides of wheelchair that I made from the straight ends of 2mm eye pins. I bent them in my vise. I then glued a thin piece of cut styrene for the seat. As I was trying to glue the backrest on, it broke apart. 2nd attempt I tried to solder some bent wire together but at this scale, my soldering left a lot to be desired. I'm still trying to figure out how to recreate the wheelchair. I looked online for 1:60 scale disabled people in hopes to find a wheelchair, but it seems they are not popular in the model world as of yet.

17 minutes ago, Fright said:

Popeye - I have Lt. Dan waiting in the wings. The Lt. and the American flag will go on last. I have already broken his arm once and I do not want to press my luck! As for the wheelchair, I have made two attempts at creating the wheelchair. 1st attempt I had both sides of wheelchair that I made from the straight ends of 2mm eye pins. I bent them in my vise. I then glued a thin piece of cut styrene for the seat. As I was trying to glue the backrest on, it broke apart. 2nd attempt I tried to solder some bent wire together but at this scale, my soldering left a lot to be desired. I'm still trying to figure out how to recreate the wheelchair. I looked online for 1:60 scale disabled people in hopes to find a wheelchair, but it seems they are not popular in the model world as of yet.

Fall back idea  - get a real one and shrink it😉:dancetl6:

OC.

OC - Thanks to an incredible doctor and my angel here on earth, my lovely wife, I'm thirteen years out and doing well. I learned that there are always someone who is suffering much more than myself and that life is very short and we all need to treasure each day and go for it. Yes! I do miss a martini and then some. I'm retired but stay active as a character actor with Six Flags and a musician here in Atlanta. Thanks for asking good, Sir!

58 minutes ago, Fright said:

OC - Thanks to an incredible doctor and my angel here on earth, my lovely wife, I'm thirteen years out and doing well. I learned that there are always someone who is suffering much more than myself and that life is very short and we all need to treasure each day and go for it. Yes! I do miss a martini and then some. I'm retired but stay active as a character actor with Six Flags and a musician here in Atlanta. Thanks for asking good, Sir!

No problem  like to look after my family here,

OC.