And another from the Great Pacific Northwest

Hi. Egilman here. coming to you from the great metropolis of Graham Wa. (when I moved here is was smaller than a wide spot in the road)

General modeler for many years when I was young. Real life took over my life for a bit, and over the last year or so getting back into the hobby.

Have known about the NRG for a long time, was unaware you had a fora system...

Anyway I build anything that strikes my fancy or has a particular interest to me.... currently I'm fully embroiled in recreating a film accurate Smokey & the Bandit Rig. But I've been known to dabble in ships, and airplanes, cars, trains and construction machinery. Bob Hunt got me interested in wooden ships 15 years ago. (but I haven't built one yet, I still have his prototype rope walk around here somewhere along with two of his practicums)

But the journey resumes. For me it is an experience and model building starts long before a kit or materials are bought. One has to do the research to build a true scale model... The art comes in duplicating real life in miniature, the best we can. I've been lurking for a bit, posting a comment here and there when I feel I have something to contribute. And hope to contribute more in the future especially when I get to building ships again.

The modelers around here really impress me, the build quality of some of them are outstanding. someday I hope to attain that level of competence...

I'm glad to have finally made my way here.... It's been a long long road.... Hopefully I can learn some new things and maybe offer a few tidbits.....

Thank you...

EG

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Welcome to MSW from another PNWer. Been through  Graham many times

Zipper hydroplane(Miss Mabel ) finished

John Cudahy  Scratch build 1/4" scale Steam Tug

1914 Steam Tug Scratch build from HAMMS plans

1820 Pinky  "Eagle" Scratch build from; American Ships Their Plans and History

Welcome!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

:piratebo5:welcome to MSW 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Welcome to MSW, from the southern end of the PNW.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

From Lewis County a Warm Welcome!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Welcome from an hour, (Well on some days) north of you.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Well thank you for the warm welcome, seems like there is a bunch of members in the local area! No more lone ranger sitting out in the wilderness.... {chuckle}

Looking forward to learning what I've been missing all these years....

Thank you all....

EG

Below is a pic of my last journey, a little known piece of army history....

DCP_2262.JPG

Edited by Egilman
Add image of last build

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

41 minutes ago, Egilman said:

a little known piece of army history....

It seems to be a little known piece of modeling history as well.

I built the tracked vehicle as a kid and enjoyed the look, I was in a SF mood a few years ago and wanted to try out making a "Moon rover" based on a SF book I was reading and thought of this model, (Without the cannon of course) but it seemed to be long out of production. Nice work!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Hello,

and  :sign:

Regards, Patrick

Finished :  Soleil Royal Heller 1/100   Wasa Billing Boats   Bounty Revell 1/110 plastic (semi scratch)   Pelican / Golden Hind  1/45 scratch

Current build :  Mary Rose 1/50 scratch

Gallery Revell Bounty  Pelican/Golden hind 1/45 scratch

To do Prins Willem Corel, Le Tonnant Corel, Yacht d'Oro Corel, Thermopylae Sergal 

Shore leave,  non ship models build logs :  

ADGZ M35 funkwagen 1/72    Einhets Pkw. Kfz.2 and 4 1/72   Autoblinda AB40 1/72   122mm A-19 & 152mm ML-20 & 12.8cm Pak.44 {K8 1/2} 1/72   10.5cm Howitzer 16 on Mark. VI(e)  Centurion Mk.1 conversion   M29 Weasel 1/72     SAM6 1/72    T26 Finland  T26 TN 1/72  Autoprotetto S37 1/72     Opel Blitz buses 1/72  Boxer and MAN trucks 1/72   Hetzer38(t) Starr 1/72    

Si vis pacem, para bellum

3 hours ago, lmagna said:

It seems to be a little known piece of modeling history as well.

I built the tracked vehicle as a kid and enjoyed the look, I was in a SF mood a few years ago and wanted to try out making a "Moon rover" based on a SF book I was reading and thought of this model, (Without the cannon of course) but it seemed to be long out of production. Nice work!

Yeah Nitto went out of business several decades ago. But, I understand that bluetank owns the molds and did a release of the M-8 HST a few years back, it can be had at reasonably fair prices on evilbay.... The Renwal Skysweeper is harder to find though.... the M-18 Generator set on the back lift of the M-8 is scratchbuilt.....

Edited by Egilman

Quote: