M16 US Multiple Gun Motor Carriage w/ Church Ruin by Jack12477 - 1:35 scale - Tamiya / Verlinden - FINISHED

Yeah, real front lines. And bad guys wore different duds from the locals.;)

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Well I knew there was something missing from the diorama. Took me a while to remember it tho (advancing age I guess).. Now that the most famous building tag of WWII has been added to the church walls the diorama is now complete.  Thanks for following along and all the helpful comments, critiques, off-topic banter, jokes etc, much appreciated.   Stay turned for the next "incarceration" project.

IMG_8038.JPG.fb2c5a429c4a99470d3beed8b61839d3.JPG

Nice!!!!! Real nice😃

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

Beautiful work...  Well done..

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

3 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

the most famous building tag of WWII

You need to add one more part to Kilroy to make it complete Jack.

Image result for kilroy was here drawing

It's kind of funny when I think about it. We were still doing Kilroy when I was a child in the early 50s and I even saw him once on a Huey.

Your diorama came out pretty nice even if you did cheat and bring in reinforcements from the rear, (Stash).

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

2 minutes ago, lmagna said:

It's kind of funny when I think about it. We were still doing Kilroy when I was a child in the early 50s and I even saw him once on a Huey.

It's a shame he has virtually disappeared, I remember him from the 70's growing up(I'm still growing up according to some!!)

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

25 minutes ago, lmagna said:

You need to add one more part to Kilroy to make it complete Jack

All of the WWII photos I have ever seen never showed the caricature peering over the wall, all I ever saw was the slogan. Besides I am not that good an artist - had all I go do just to keep hand steady enough to write the slogan without smearing it all over the wall. 

Thanks for the compliments, Lou.   

Reinforcements from rear aka stash.  I probably should photograph the stash  . . . Yikes ! 

Edited by Jack12477

14 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Reinforcements from rear aka stash.  I probably should photograph the stash  . . . Yikes ! 

Yep, think you should 😏

Current builds;

Completed:

23 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Yep, think you should 😏

Me too!^_^

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Ok then, guess I have to unpack a whole bunch of plastic storage bins then and empty a few display shelves ;)  I'm assuming you mean the stash of completed models.  Cuz the other stash of incomplete/unstarted models is not very impressive.

Edited by Jack12477

11 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Ok then, guess I have to unpack a whole bunch of plastic storage bins then and empty a few display shelves

So you have some other pressing matter that needs attending to? Or someplace to go? Think of it as an opportunity to pet some of the oldies of your younger years and kick some of the dust around.

Cuz the other stash of incomplete/unstarted models is not very impressive.

Only pictures can prove that and we will be the judge.:D

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

A lot of them have already been posted in other forums but I will see what I can do. 

41 minutes ago, lmagna said:

So you have some other pressing matter that needs attending to? Or someplace to go

Yea, I am waiting for someone to bring me a cake with a hacksaw blade hidden inside so I can break out of prison ! :D

7 minutes ago, Jack12477 said:

Yea, I am waiting for someone to bring me a cake with a hacksaw blade hidden inside so I can break out of prison !

You and me both! But right now all I could do is eat the cake and use the file for modeling. There is really nowhere to escape to.

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

Just now, lmagna said:

You and me both! But right now all I could do is eat the cake and use the file for modeling. There is really nowhere to escape to.

Nope there isn't, and the guvenor has just built the walls a bit higher, since it is claimed that no one is following his no large gathering orders, he has now ordered a stay at home decree, closing all non-essential businesses. and everyone needs to stay at home unless an emergency happens....

We are one step away from martial law...... (here in Washington state)

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Jack, you done good.  Nicely done diorama. Even with the REMFs coming out of the woodwork.

Edward, you sound like you have what I have. It's called Peter Pan Syndrome - I don't want to grow up.

Guys, you don't ever want to totally expose your stash. If the Admiral ever finds out...

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

A lot of them have already been posted in other forums but I will see what I can do. 

Yea, I am waiting for someone to bring me a cake with a hacksaw blade hidden inside so I can break out of prison ! :D

Everyone else is in the same prison, so if someone was brave enough to do that, (defy the government) he would be crushed by the demand for cakes with metal accoutrements... and then of course the government would see to his edification.....

But, yes, we need to see your army brother...  that is if you really want to display the contents of your arsenal....

Quote:

Ok, Lou, Edward, Egilman, here's a few to start

Soldiers

IMG_8044.JPG.1f26b6c5de68e16c3f6cbc29b52107e6.JPGIMG_5925.JPG.53987ceff2b2dab3c1a6f880d2a48510.JPGIMG_5924.JPG.d600fc1c02270ef42bd788b6e620498f.JPG

Germany's Thor 60cm mortar - both variants  HO Scale (1:87) rail car and 1:35 Model with loader

IMG_5918.JPG.1ff21908438a682c5a09983262041322.JPGIMG_5910.JPG.37fa3f525caaf90a4631bc9bf2884c43.JPGIMG_5911.JPG.756f6b3d894d9bd6877180ccbf226c0a.JPGIMG_5912.JPG.732831d926adf30f868d18bb2ec49a69.JPG

German anti-aircraft self propelled armor

IMG_5909.JPG.b642ee9022f47f12c017b905c1b4d31c.JPGIMG_5907.JPG.47289459cb9439322d025f160818f5cf.JPGIMG_5919.JPG.57c4e5b37dbed7bb4521164f6b22c496.JPGIMG_5922.JPG.5f1ecdbe82cc5e5c3c6e5ecdca50b97e.JPG

Variants on the US half-track

IMG_5937.JPG.7c02846b263d51af2ba079e93db92a31.JPGIMG_5929.JPG.3d0dec053d995f25efb08d762a270617.JPG

This was the 1st M16 model - one in diorama is 2nd

IMG_5932.JPG.3a69aff6d0f99c3428396fd1d7221545.JPG

Edited by Jack12477

Lovely (reserve)  stash, great painting, making me want to go back to wargaming 🤪

Current builds;

Completed:

9 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Lovely (reserve)  stash, great painting, making me want to go back to wargaming 🤪

Thanks.   I will get the other armor photographed tomorrow if the weather is good and the sun is out.  Best to take outside and photograph in shade of house under clear sky as I did above

Artillery/mortarman Huh? that's ok, I like artillery. The only thing I don't have in the stash is what isn't being molded at this time... (and a 8" howitzer) based on the long tom gun which is still easily available. (including their standard or substitute standard prime movers)

Beautiful work...... nice collection....

Edited by Egilman

Quote:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You went outside? Now we will have to online distance you for at least two weeks!

Great looking models Jack. I had no idea you had so many. Too bad they don't make a Vulcan gun in 1/35th. Then you could add to your collection of anti aircraft vehicles by putting one in a M113. I got to watch one in operation once. Awe inspiring weapon system.

56 minutes ago, Canute said:

Guys, you don't ever want to totally expose your stash. If the Admiral ever finds out...

What happens on the forum, stays on the the forum. No one here would be foolish enough to expose the details of a fellow modeler's stash to his other half!:stunned: The very thought of such a act would bring instant retaliation!

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Currant builds:

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

21 minutes ago, lmagna said:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You went outside?

Yea, last November-December when we had our 1st snow, long before the plaque arrived.

49 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Too bad they don't make a Vulcan gun in 1/35th.

Try again....

M-163 

107509-10805-pristine.jpg

M-113 -w- Vulcan Divad...... From Amazon.....

Quote:

6,000 rounds per minute for the aerial version in most fighters. Slinging 20 mm ammo of every description. Most fighters hold 650 to 1200 rounds. The F-4 held 10 seconds of ammo. That APC must haul a ton of ammo.

Factoid: most fighters fired no more than a 2 second burst, any longer risked warping the barrels. That did happen, because we had one set of barrels at Korat that was twisted like a candy cane.

Ken