Coronavirus effects

Well, 

The vaccines are out there. On New Years Eve, after my shift at work, received my first dose of the Moderna vaccine.

I do work in medicine, but felt kinda guilty getting it when there are so many folks who need it more than me.

But, as the nurse gave me the shot she said "get your vaccine so you can keep going into work to help people"......and that I shall!!! 

I have to admit, there was a momentary sense of surrealism.

A momentary feeling that this plague is moving forward, when it seems we take so many steps back. 

1809.thumb.JPG.525ba155f20b93355be0be79e5b4a33b.JPG

Done be afraid of these vaccines.

Tom E 

5 hours ago, Tom E said:

get your vaccine so you can keep going into work to help people"

This is really important.  I work in the emergency department and ended up doing 85 hours overtime last month and am on course for another mid 80 something this month.  This is due to having so many people dropping out for medical reasons. The more the medics can get some kind of protection the easier it is to staff safely so we can continue providing the excellent care our patients deserve.

We’re all going to be half-vaccined here in the UK.  Maybe get the other half twelve, or fifty, weeks later.  Meanwhile ‘it’ mutates and the vaccine has to be ‘tweaked’ and takes another 3 months for a safe version to be rolled out.

Is the vaccine really the answer?  Or is covid-19 what our planet is using to balance out the effect of humanity and make itself inhabitable again?

10 hours ago, probablynot said:

We’re all going to be half-vaccined here in the UK.  Maybe get the other half twelve, or fifty, weeks later.  Meanwhile ‘it’ mutates and the vaccine has to be ‘tweaked’ and takes another 3 months for a safe version to be rolled out.

Is the vaccine really the answer?  Or is covid-19 what our planet is using to balance out the effect of humanity and make itself inhabitable again?

Well, vaccins need to be administered twice, unfortunately if this virus mutates quickly and makes the vaccin unuseable, you might have hit the nail straight on the head Brian. According to the Dutch governmental  COVID vaccination calendar, I'm not due before May (2025? if your're right Brian). I would postpone it as long a possible anyway. In the mean time: Keep the faith it will work straight out the bottle (pun intended)

Those pesky trucks are in our neighborhood all the time.  They're probably the ones spreading the virus!

I'm getting fed up with FedEx.  One of our drivers doesn't come until after dark and never rings the bell to let us know something is out there.  He doesn't bring it up to the door, either - he just leaves things on the sidewalk coming up to the porch (our porch is only 1 step high, so it's not like he has to climb a flight of stairs to get it to us).  Our other FedEx drivers are fine.  It's just the one that irks me.

• Chuck locked this topic