Coureur by cafmodel - 1/48

3 hours ago, cafmodel said:

Hello, I haven't cut my left rib yet,

I'm thinking about whether I need to cut these ribs

Because his ribs are quite different from salamandre's

Salamandre's ribs are only 2 mm apart, so you can't see the structure clearly without cutting the ribs,But the distance between the ribs of Le coureur is big enough to see the internal structure. Of course, if you want to see the inside more clearly, you need to cut the ribs。

The other thing is how different these jagged ribs are, and I want to keep them more

Of course, all of this depends on what kind of effect you need to express

I really cant wait to see this one! She's going to look very different to a regular POF

On 8/10/2020 at 11:12 PM, James H said:

I really cant wait to see this one! She's going to look very different to a regular POF

James, will you be doing a build log of this ship here on MSW at some point in the future? I hope so. It's an exciting new model!

Bob Garcia

"Measure once, cuss twice!"

Current Builds: 

Hms Brig-Sloop Flirt 1782 - Vanguard Models

Pen Duick - Artesania Latina 1:28

Completed: Medway Longboat 1742 - Syren Ship Model Co. 

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

1 hour ago, James H said:

As soon as DoK is done, I'll build this alongside Victory. 

Fantastic! Can't wait!

Bob Garcia

Current Builds: 

im two days away from the Enterprise arriving

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Kevin, hoping to see you start a build log for enterprise. I’m going to purchase that one after I finish Winchelsea.

JJ

Current Builds: HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 - 5th rate 32 gun frigate (on hold for now)

HMS Portland 1770 Prototype 1:48 - 4th rate 50 gun ship

Can't wait for a build log to appear!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

Exciting news about this gorgeous model, Tom! I'm anxiously awaiting the build log by James and anyone else for that matter.

Could you possibly post a couple of photos of the instructions and the plans? If not, no problem, I can wait for the build log by James. Thanks!

Bob Garcia

Current Builds: 

1 hour ago, Nirvana said:

Can't wait for a build log to appear!

That's the plan, as soon as I have enough of the Duchess built for Chris to get his manual done and kit into production.

@cafmodel Exciting to see things coming together like this. I really can't wait to see this and to get a log started here. I'll certainly be out of my comfort zone with a POF!

1 minute ago, James H said:

I really can't wait to see this and to get a log started here. I'll certainly be out of my comfort zone with a POF!

Welcome to the tribe of us mere ship modeling mortals! 😎

Bob Garcia

Current Builds: 

Thank you very much, chuck, Jim

Thank you very much for your attention to le coureur and everyone here,

It has been 11 months since I started to make Le coureur in September last year. In these 11 months, we have transformed these plans into three-dimensional models and three-dimensional models into wooden kit. This is really a very interesting work。Although the process is full of difficulties and challenges, this is the charm of the model.

When we made HMS fly before, we found that the machine precision of ordinary CNC was not enough, and the influence on machining accuracy was relatively small when engraving on one side, but the error would be doubled when engraving on both sides.

In coureur, there are similar parts processed on both sides, so we have purchased CNC of industrial mold to ensure the accuracy of processing parts

Next, we will be working on the new kit, which will be a bigger challenge

Tom

https://cafmodel.com/products/la-salamandre-full-rib-life-boat

You can choose this boat. Its hull is also in the shape of tiles
Now the price is 23$
He needs to be very careful when making. He can't use liquid quick drying glue, which can easily bond the hull and the resin mold inside
We can use latex or jelly like glue。
We have improved the resin mold, now we use a whole, so its accuracy is better than the original use of splitt

1b.JPG.e682ddb4c0d3d1be07317fe54685d61e.JPG2.jpg.59c341cd24c70333ad491afba6dc0355.jpg4.jpg.a00dba3a6e634801413fcbf062031948.jpg6.jpg.a7d60b9cab6f150b48254d3b4924bf38.jpg1835433801_QQ20191001202530.jpg.3bd07e22d5bdc6ade7a6cb7b2c56984e.jpg243614052_QQ20191001202607.jpg.ed8a60ff1186965745ceb10c0d75c434.jpg1650073921_QQ20191001203948.jpg.1fd95ddc35fd23df1b9d6f58b13fe958.jpg

815692821_QQ20191001202614.jpg.d9587c6429a4e220a4c27c532bb1e6d8.jpg

39.jpg.714ae1427ae018496bf680a1f3ab3d5d.jpg

On 8/12/2020 at 6:03 PM, cafmodel said:

Yes, I learned oil painting and Chinese brush painting in middle school, But I haven't touched my brush for 20 years.

You are a genius

current build- Swan ,scratch

on shelf,Rattlesnake, Alert semi scratch,Le Coureur,, Fubbs scratch

completed: nostrum mare,victory(Corel), san felipe, sovereign of the seas, sicilian  cargo boat ,royal yacht caroline, armed pinnace, charles morgan whaler, galilee boat, wappen von hamburg, la reale (Dusek), amerigo vespucci, oneida (semi scratch) diane, great harry-elizabethan galleon (semi scratch), agammemnon, hanna (scratch).19th cent. shipyard diorama (Constructo), picket boat, victory bow section