Sugestions for sail plan on Enterprise 1799?

src

I am looking for some guidance/advise for a possible sail plan for my Enterprise build. I am finally, after 10+ years, getting to the point I can think about sails.

What would some likely sail usages be for a moderate wind no more than say 45º off either side of the stern? Am I making sense? I dont want to put all the sails up, most will be furled, I amt hinking two or three.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

I'm not sure this is what you're thinking but a lot of modelers who do the sails, braille the lower sails up such to show the deck area.   I'm not a sailor so I have no idea on what sails would be used under the conditions you gave.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Try googling images for Pride of Baltimore II. She has a similar rig, and there's tons of photos of her online. Look for ones that show the particular sailing attitude you wish to capture.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane