Harvey 1847 by RSPascoe - Artesania Latina - 1:50 Scale

imageproxy.php?img=&key=4f3b55ae31fcd018I'm in the process of constructing the Artesania Latina Harvey double planked hull box kit.  This project was started back in the mid 1980's and then sat until my retirement.  Following the written instructions the hull, false deck, hull shaping, first layer of hull planking, and deck planking have all been completed.  I'm in the process of completing the deck rivits and was looking ahead to the next step.  The instruction for the next step is as follows: "Take the two prow timber frame extensions (29), from the kit, smooth off with sandpaper and bond into position as shown in Figs, 3 and 4.  I only have one part in the kit stamped with the number "29", not two.  It's a small wooden flattened out "V" shape approximately W48mm x H10mm x 4mm thick.  Based on the drawings (Instructions refer to Fig. 3 and 4) it appears that part #29 should have been glued to the hull framing timbers prior to installing the deck and hull planking.  The only drawing that actually refers to part #29 is on Fig. 5.  If the part #29 that I have in the kit is accurate I can fabricate another one (Part #29 was the only part that was stamped).  My question is this:  Are the prow timber frame extensions required to attach the bulwarks at the prow?  Do I need to remove hull and deck planking to install the prow timber frame extensions to the hull framing timbers?  Any suggested workarounds?

Prow Timber Frame Extension Part 29.jpg

Drawings Fig 3 and 4.jpg

Drawing Figure Showing Part 29.jpg

Harvey Deck Planking.jpg

Great looking deck! as for the supports, I would thing it would be pretty easy to cut the deck a  little and "fudge" the top part. I don't think ripping out the decking will really be worth the effort. 

Jack of all trades, master of none.

Current Build: The Harvey

Completed builds: HMS Bounty's Jolly Boat

Thank you for the feedback.  Since this is my very first ship kit I'm not clear as to the purpose of part 29.  I'm guessing that it's simply there to support attachment of the bulwarks although I'm not 100% certain.  Nothing that I've been able to find on-line adds any clarity.