Ugears I-9 Grand Prix Car. Scale 1:12. CAPTAINDESTRUCTALL

My next attempt. Ugears U-9 Grand Prix Cars, 1:12 scale

Parts.jpg

Picture.jpg

Norwegian Sailing Pram 1:12 Scale. 2nd boat in the learning series.

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

Pride of Baltimore. Model Shipways. Clipper used in the war of 1812.

Black Falcon. Mantua Model. 18 century corsair brig.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

A baseball cap my Dad wore.

Interested in and seeing how this turns out. With the significant postponement of the F1 season we have to get our Grand Prix from somewhere.

Was making great progress on the engine. I was testing how well the crank moved when a connecting rod broke. Ugears has a facebook site and they are sending me new parts. I get to take half the engine apart to put the rod and piston back in.

The reason the pistons are sticking up too far is because the crank is sitting on the table pushing the rods up. But on a good note, the crank moves freely. I put candle was around the pistons and crank.

20200326_150612.jpg

20200326_150626.jpg

20200326_150641.jpg

20200326_150727.jpg

Edited by Clueless
Typo

In Dry Dock:

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack. 1:24 scale. Model Shipways, 3rd in the learning series.

Not sure what'll be next, probably the Santa Maria by Artesania Latina 1:65 scale. Unless someone has a better suggestion for a beginner.

CSS. Alabama. E. Manolie? Can't read the font. Build in Liverpool in 1862 for use in the American Civil War by the Confederates. Steam and sail, sloop of war.

No idea what it is, but it's done. That shaft was actually 4 parts.

20200329_161040.jpg

In Dry Dock:

At least I can figure out what this is. I bet the "LF" stands for lead foot.

20200329_165645.jpg

20200329_170656.jpg

Edited by Clueless
Addendum

In Dry Dock:

Works great. Upside down. Upright, the cam shaft lobes interfere with the crank.

Engine 1.jpg

Engine 2.jpg

Engine 3.jpg

In Dry Dock:

hey !   finally got to look in on your {fairly} new project ;)    won't be the first time the pit crew had to tear down an engine to fix a problem........looks pretty neat!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I don't get it. The cam lobes flow freely. They all hang down into the connecting rods. Every engine I ever rebuilt the cam lobes didn't move:) I used some CA glue to immobilize them. The valves wont move, but they won't bind up the whole works.

Thanks for looking in. Stay safe and stay at home, everyone! Here in tiny little Oakdale, California we have 4 confirmed Covid cases. We are 90 minutes from San Fransisco and a lot of bay area people live in Oakdale and commute to the bay area for work. I think it's those that brought it here. It amazes me how many kids are gathering at the park scross the street. I think the parents are probably the ones with all the buttocks wipe. 

In Dry Dock: