Danmark by Dsmith20639 - Billing Boats - 1/75 FINISHED

yes, but it appears to be rather feeble. I was going to try using my woodworking profile duplication tool to copy the profile of the hull at two points about 25% from each end and then use that to make my own stand. I'll try the kit version first to see how steady it is.

Thanks for the kind comments.

My next project will be something simpler for a change of pace.

Current build: Armed Virginia Sloop

Previous Builds: , Amati Fifie, Glad Tidings,Bluenose II, Chesapeake Bay Skipjack, Fair American, Danmark, Constitution Cross Section, Bluenose 

I added ships boats and anchors and did a little touch up. I'm calling her complete!DANMARK01.thumb.JPG.c4d0063b3334f05cd2cd234b39cf5c0c.JPGDANMARK02.thumb.JPG.221710b125cdb73a2c94058408e652a9.JPGDANMARK03.thumb.JPG.011e574f243b725276c96d6d1e937a4f.JPGDANMARK04.thumb.JPG.88c3a9ace08ed16892b56bcd3004c41b.JPGDANMARK05.thumb.JPG.f30af7b715be91ee84fd354058422c16.JPGDANMARK06.thumb.JPG.cf546ab632aeb6ac8dcda12c8b03892f.JPGDANMARK07.thumb.JPG.f1b05e93e7d2931efb8d61ebfe086cc3.JPGDANMARK09.thumb.JPG.f972dc96c6fe7a93f149a5a5cf72ac59.JPGDANMARK10.thumb.JPG.7293bf6548a5f3af64507650adc83e5c.JPGDANMARK11.thumb.JPG.a79e8f89f2476b7e35bfddba56804002.JPGDANMARK12.thumb.JPG.61347b8f85173323dd7ceaf7a8e98366.JPGDANMARK13.thumb.JPG.946f2ae18ac1e0fe4496d8ab8a03fe60.JPG

DANMARK08.JPG

Previous Builds: , Amati Fifie, Glad Tidings,Bluenose II, Chesapeake Bay Skipjack, Fair American, Danmark, Constitution Cross Section, Bluenose 

I was just part way through building the brig Fair American when I got engrossed with finishing the Danmark, so I will take up that where I left off which was planking the hull. I'll probably start a new build log for that now that I have some experience with keeping a build log on this forum. I was reluctant in the beginning due to a lack of experience and being intimidated by the quality of some of the builds on this site.

• 5 months later...

Sorry, because of space constraints and to try and minimize clutter I periodically throw out old plans and manuals after a ship has been built. If I still had them they would have been yours at no cost, but unfortunately they were discarded a couple of months ago. Hopefully the photos from my build log will be of some help. There were multiple versions of the kit produced over the years.  The one I built was from a kit that was over 30 years old. Later kits had life boats instead of ship boats like mine, etc. I will be happy to try and answer any questions you may have. The build manual I had with the kit was not much help as I remember. I relied mainly on the plans. I do have some pdf files especially rigging details and construction diagrams for a later version of the kit that I can email to you if you can provide me with your email address.

I tried to send you some info. Let me know if you got it and I will send you more. If you click on the D in a circle it will bring up a page where you can send me a personal message. Just found out how to do that. Safer than posting address. I think that's what its for.

read through your log D,  and I can sympathize..........at the moment,  I'm working on my second non laser cut Billing's kit.  one good thing about it,  one learns to scratch build pretty much right away  ;)    she looked a bit worn from storage and age,  but you brought her back to life in fine shape!  she looks great.  congratz on a very fine job! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch