M8A1 High Speed Tractor by Egilman - FINISHED - 1/35th Scale - Nitto

Don't get me wrong. I continue and will continue to build my Huey and with any luck it will be done sometime this year by the end of my "Anniversary". One could even say that I am at the slowest part of the build at this point because in the case of a Huey the most visible detail is in the cockpit. After that it is just a green bug shape with a couple of rotors!

I know that I will never be totally happy with my building skills in relation to my visionary ability, but it will be what it is, and I can live with that. I am not looking to be better than anyone here, or anywhere else for that matter. Just taking the opportunity to share the journey in hopes that someone else enjoys the comradery in my build, just as I do in following theirs.

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

35 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Just taking the opportunity to share the journey in hopes that someone else enjoys the comradery in my build, just as I do in following theirs.

Good deal my friend, I've enjoyed your journeys, (in the short time I've been here) and am looking forward to more...

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Same as what everyone has said  -  a really nice build  of an interesting subject,  also  great to here the discussion on it.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

WOW EG........superb look'in tractor!   I like armor,  but was never heavy into it........guess I should rethink ;)    super nice detail!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

again.........I posted before reading the whole log.   EG........added kudos on the generator......it really complements the tractor :)    I missed the gun added to the ensemble too. 

Lou.......

I wish I could show you the blog I wrote on a site I used to belong to.  I can't post it because I swore never to go back there.  what EG and Jack says holds true......."to gain insight as a modeler,  an indispensable asset is the ability to envision an aspect in one's mind,  and hold it in flesh,  in his hand.  a modeler is part sculptor, painter, and magician,  all rolled into one"  this is just a small snippet of what I wrote........I was the top blogger on that site.  I do a reasonable job with regards to scratch building......but still not as good as some that I've seen.  it doesn't deter me from doing it.......haven't done plastic in quite some time,  but wood has given me renewed life.  I find it a lot easier,  with a lot less cuts and bloodletting  :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

On 4/20/2020 at 2:40 PM, Old Collingwood said:

Same as what everyone has said  -  a really nice build  of an interesting subject,  also  great to here the discussion on it.

OC.

Thank you OC....

Thank you very much.... Glad you liked it.....

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

WOW EG........superb look'in tractor!   I like armor,  but was never heavy into it........guess I should rethink ;)    super nice detail!

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

again.........I posted before reading the whole log.   EG........added kudos on the generator......it really complements the tractor :)    I missed the gun added to the ensemble too. 

Coming from you Dennis that's high praise, Thank you Very Very much.......

I'm very pleased you like it.....

Thanks Everyone for the likes and compliments, it is greatly appreciated.....

EG

Quote:

1 hour ago, Fright said:

Egilman - Great work and detail on this military vehicle! Did you use spray cans and brushing with this kit?

Yes, It was a combination of rattle can for the base coats and brush work for the details.....

Thank you.... I'm happy you like it......

Quote:

• 2 years later...

I am getting ready to do an M8 to go with my Renwal Skysweep.  Your M18 generator looks great and properly fills the back platform. 

Would it be possible to get a copy of your generator design to help build one here?  Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Steve Payne

IPMS 47035

IPMS Eagle Squadron Chapter & AMPS Old Hickoty Chapter

16 hours ago, NC Herk said:

I am getting ready to do an M8 to go with my Renwal Skysweep.  Your M18 generator looks great and properly fills the back platform. 

Would it be possible to get a copy of your generator design to help build one here?  Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,

Steve Payne

Hi Steve, everything I used is in the thread, there is no specific design... It's a true scratch build based upon the images from the tech manuals using the dimensions from the same...

No copyrights on that info, it's completely in the public domain and your welcome to grab it and use it anyway you wish...

EG

Quote: