F-16c 35th FW Misawa "803" by Javlin-Tamya 1/48

I thought I get back to this kit since Hannannts is a little slow and finish it for my son who is a crew chief in the 35th and 803 is his main plane (he hates 803 always something).I do not plan on keeping the plane but to build gear up with some clear rod for a base off it goes to Japan he'll keep or give it to the pilot.

F-16c 001.JPG

F-16c 002.JPG

Edited by Javlin

Got quite a bit done this evening just as I was researching the net about the 35th my son shyped and he answered  some questions about the top of the tail it's all yellow two tone =wing leader, lights on the rear of plane the  parts looked like gas tank covers.The plane has the pilots name on the left side and his crewchief on the right so Russ who lives down the street(two houses) he does alot of Biloxi schooners and makes his own decals I'll see if we can give that a shot.I changed my mind on the gear but have her taking off? ;) Kevin

I am almost feeling like I need to finish some of these planes I started before moving on to a new build it's about ten kits two are 1/24s and two 1/32s

7960217242_95bce3b4e1_b.jpg

Edited by Javlin

Yep  I was at the airshow  this side of the pond  last year  RIAT19   and we had  the US  Viper display team  throw around an F16  till they broke it,  they had to abort the display  and land.

My pic.

OC.

243_2-Edit.jpg

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

17 hours ago, Javlin said:

so Russ who lives down the street(two houses) he does alot of Biloxi schooners and makes his own decals I'll see if we can give that a shot

I'm guessing Russ is the Russ that used to post his builds here?  If so, say "hi" to him for me.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

The plane builds easy peasy not complicated at all disregard the paint for now she is getting a coat of gloss black lacquer over everything then wheel wells go white mask then the camo.I think the only thing I lack for a correct part possibly is the Litening Pod under the fuse by the air intake what I have is for a Block 32(2007) and 35FW are block 50.I built all the ordnance and fuel tanks last night just need to attach the pylons before the paint gets laid.;) Kevin

F-16c 001.JPG

Great kits those Tamiya F-16s. 

Not sure how fussed you are about it, but the other big difference from block 32 to block 50 is the intake and exhaust. The block 50s have the larger intake (not a big deal visually) and are GE powered vs the P&W powered block 32s. The exhaust looks completely different. You've go the P&W exhaust. Some of the Tamiya boxings contain the parts for both. 

I just took a look through my spare parts and I have two extra P&W nozzles, but no GE...

Joe Volz

Current build:

Model Shipways "Benjamin W. Latham"

Completed  builds on MSW:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

11 minutes ago, jwvolz said:

Great kits those Tamiya F-16s. 

Not sure how fussed you are about it, but the other big difference from block 32 to block 50 is the intake and exhaust. The block 50s have the larger intake (not a big deal visually) and are GE powered vs the P&W powered block 32s. The exhaust looks completely different. You've go the P&W exhaust. Some of the Tamiya boxings contain the parts for both. 

I just took a look through my spare parts and I have two extra P&W nozzles, but no GE...

Thks  Joe for the info the only thing I could at this point with the exhaust is hack it off if an AM is available?The only thing about that is the delay in the paint but shoot could glue with SG afterwards.You can see that modern A/C is not my gig.

4 minutes ago, jwvolz said:

That pod would work the only issue is it hangs way lower than the what the Block 32 does decisions  decisions ;) Kevin

Aires resin definitely makes a GE exhaust for the Tamiya F-16. 

With regard to the pod, it may be a case of the correct pylon for the F-16.  Let me keep poking around my spares, I may have the pylon.

Joe Volz

Current build:

Caldercraft HMS "Cruizer   Caldercraft HMBV "Granado"   Model Shipways "Prince De Neufchatel"

Check on Scalemates.com for what may be out there. You never know what could be out there. I was looking at a Mudhen aka F-15E. This Great Wall kit has so much stuff included, but a lot of the ordnance is way newer than my era of knowledge. The accessories will blow your mind. Incredible.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

• 2 weeks later...

I have received the Wolf kit and I am still working on a correct pylon so it will have to scratched.I started one the other night out of 3X .015 stock and thought I had the wrong position on AN/AAQ-28 to were the rear box was to be pointed outward so I ripped the pylon OFF.The next day started again/about something was not right looked at the pics again Oh when it's on the L/side the box goes inwards on a Block 50.I also figure the pylon is about 16" long going by the steps.I am just about at my burnout not for the model but work/life I am tired dog tired of late.So,I have made arrangements with a couple of my sis's to visit for week in and around Gainesville FL in a couple of weeks.I have been looking at some other builds here and there but having to work through this BS for the last 11wks sick at times has taken it's toll on this 60yr ole frame that's been my absence.Hope everyone out there is doing well and take care. ;) kevin

BOB-Misawa.jpg

PCIVFBFEQRCGBJVEP2GMG2JPRE.jpg

Hope you feel better. Is the cockpit you used part of the kit or aftermarket? 

Cheers, Harley

Cheers, Harley<p 

Under Construction:       USS Curtis Wilbur DDG-54 1/200 by ILoveKit

Completed:                     F-35A 1/48 by Tamiya

USS Atlanta CL-51 1/350 by Very Fire 

Liberty Ship John W. Brown 1/350 by Trumpeter

HMS Spiraea K-08 1/350 

USS Arizona BB-39 1/200 by Trumpeter/Mk1 Design

HMS Sir Gareth 1/350 by Starling Models

USS Missouri BB-63 1945 1/350 by Joy-Yard, 9/11/21

USS Indianapolis CA-35 1945 1/350 by Trumpeter

USS Kidd DD-661, 1945, 1/350, on The Sullivans kit by Trumpeter

USS Alaska CB-1, 1/350, Hobby Boss, Circa 2/1945

Brig Syren 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Started,On Hold:     Frigate Confederacy 1/64 Model Shipways, Wood

Javlin,

The pod in those two photos on the port side is the HTS pod for the HARM missile. The Litening pod goes on the starboard side. 

Litening.jpg

Joe Volz

Current build:

16 minutes ago, jwvolz said:

Javlin,

The pod in those two photos on the port side is the HTS pod for the HARM missile. The Litening pod goes on the starboard side. 

Litening.jpg

Joe I am glad you intervened but what is the glass box on R/side?I seen that in the kit also and it's on #802 #808 :default_wallbash: Kevin

I hope you have a good trip and get your batteries recharged.  Been there myself a few times in the past.  

Glass box?  I thought you were looking that the landing lights on gear door?  Never mind.. It's clear in picture you posted not in Joe's.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

feel better Jav.......gotta see where your going with this  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

On 5/26/2020 at 6:59 AM, jwvolz said:

It's a Sniper pod. A more advanced targeting/surveillance pod. 

I have been trying to Skye and message my son in Japan but I heard last he was on 4/12's then 3 days off probably tired.So Joe seeing the layout of the their planes it appears the 28 is not utilized  unless another group(3X) of missiles on one pod are used?If that is correct build the Sniper pod and the HTS pod? ;)

On 5/27/2020 at 11:39 AM, popeye the sailor said:

feel better Jav.......gotta see where your going with this  ;) 

It's happening all this week it's summer nothing happened in the shop this week three days off and three days of fishing day one I caught some Nice ones!Spotted Sea Trout and hoping to get some Red Fish ;)

spotted.seatrout.peebles.1000.jpg

fish.jpg

In general the Block 50's usually seem to have the HTS mounted even when equipped with Litening/Sniper, but you don't have one in that kit I take it, since it is the Block 25/32 kit. Do you have the Sniper pod?

The rest of the ordnance Tamiya gives you is fine with the Sniper pod. Just follow their directions as to which pylons. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

1 hour ago, jwvolz said:

In general the Block 50's usually seem to have the HTS mounted even when equipped with Litening/Sniper, but you don't have one in that kit I take it, since it is the Block 25/32 kit. Do you have the Sniper pod?

The rest of the ordnance Tamiya gives you is fine with the Sniper pod. Just follow their directions as to which pylons. 

No HTS but I have two 28's and could maybe make the kit 28 with some hacking be close?

In that case just put the 28 on the starboard side. The HTS is much smaller in diameter. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Joe, are these laser designator pods? I'm familiar with the names, but my training was with Pave Zot/Knife/Spike/Tack weapon systems.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Ken,

Yes, but they are capable of a lot more now, including more advanced laser functions. For example the Sniper also has a FLIR, digital data recorder, and HDTV with video downlink for both targeting and surveillance. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Perfect!

Put the Sniper on the starboard side and the HTS on the port side of the intake. They're both in that set. 

You can then use the GBU-31's or 38's in that set as well. 

Joe Volz

Current build:

Thanks, Joe. I flew the Spike pods and looked at a Tack pod on a Philippine based USAF F-4 during Desert Shield/Storm. Dropped laser weapons thru Paveway III. Watched the bunkerbuster development, but never saw one.  We had video cockpit recorders for Spike/laser work, TV for Maverick work and radar video. Mission dDebriefs were always media shows of some sort. HD and downlink was a sci-fi dream.

Ken