Actually it is very cheap. This is a handmade completed model.

1000 hours x $100 = $100,000. Its an absolute steal.

Not happy with postage though, $419.03 is too much😁

2 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

Chump change for some of the multi-millionaires and billionaires...maybe he's just fishing for one... 

I had two thoughts:

I did not know that LSD came as a long release depo injection.

This could trigger a greed factor in tyros and lead to additional sales of kits.

What gets me with stuff like these ships is OK, ask what you think the model or object is worth. But include what you think the shipping and insurance costs are going to be worth. It always seems like charging extra for shipping is an insult on top of an already inflated price. 

3 hours ago, flying_dutchman2 said:

I started to look at details, this model is not well built!

The same applies to the Vasa model.

I have seen much better builds in our forum.

Check this out. Look at the bow.

s-l1600.jpg

"

4 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

this model is not well built

This model is junk. Good if someone would give $50 - 80 bucks on garage sale for it. Oops. What if someone form this forum listed it on eBay?

6 minutes ago, BLACK VIKING said:

I think I'll stick some of mine on fleabay at stupid prices you never know lol

Well. If model is well built I think best thing is listing them on eBay as auction with minimal starting price and very good pictures of all well built details. Auction will tell how much the model is worth.

The models shown by topic starter will be there on eBay for ever with these prices. Someone mislead the eBayer their models worth a million.

I couldn't resist it but now I am a "watcher " of the items. So far no one has taken the bait. 🤪 And I know no-one will.
This one ends on Sunday, the Vasa ends on Monday.

Santa Ana is an Artesania Latina kit.

45 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

I have to wonder who declared it "museum quality"?

In the seller's description, in caps.......MUSEUM QUALITY. That gives one a warm fuzzy feeling when making a purchase of this significance, bid with confidence. 

38 minutes ago, Nirvana said:

I couldn't resist it but now I am a "watcher " of the items. So far no one has taken the bait. 🤪 And I know no-one will.
This one ends on Sunday, the Vasa ends on Monday.

Santa Ana is an Artesania Latina kit.

What got me is that he has many of the Euro companies listed before "hand made".  

19 minutes ago, Keith Black said:

In the seller's description, in caps.......MUSEUM QUALITY. That gives one a warm fuzzy feeling when making a purchase of this significance, bid with confidence. 

Ah... it's the bold caps that do it.  Lately understanding of these subtle things comes slow to me sometimes.

Years ago I donated a model that started out as Artesania's kit of HMS Supply which I bashed mercilessly until it sort of resembled a MUSEUM QUALITY model to a maritime museum on Norfolk Island.

I charged them NOTHING for the model, which was in a perspex case, and paid the packing and freight costs from Australia to Norfolk. It cost me a total of roughly the same as the P&H costs of this marvellous (?????) creation (including the case).

I have a funny feeling that this particular model may be SLIGHTLY over-priced.

Cheers, Danny

I agree with Dan, Mark, and others.  In the end, from the photos, it does not look to be a very well built model.  The boats are wrong, the planking is mediocre, sewing on the sails is totally out of scale and the list goes on.  Good for him though if he gets it.      

Allan

8 minutes ago, BETAQDAVE said:

Anyone looking to launder some money?  Apparently there are a few, since there are 34 watchers right now.

As one of the "watchers", there's no update nor bid posted to this "Handcrafted MUSEUM PIECE".

I want to write to him and ask to explain why this cost, but refer not to. Straining myself.

Besides, I thought when it comes to MUSUEM QUALITY such ships has been commissioned by museums themselves to their shipwright masters and builders. Again I have seen so many better builds on our forum.

I suggest any potential purchaser get an appraisal from The American Marine Model Gallery https://www.shipmodel.com/.  I suspect Michael would appraise this model for perhaps $800-1200 and maybe twice that for insurance purposes. Even highly recognized builders such as McNarry, Hahn and Antscherl might have problems selling models upwards of $50,000.

With regards to the shipping price I think that's actually on the low side. You need to use a specially constructed case to fit around the model and hire a moving company specializing in fine arts. I suspect the costs associated with shipping and insuring a model that size would be 2-3 times his quote.