USS Constitution by Reborn - Bluejacket Shipcrafters - Scale 1:96 - as appeared in 1812 - first wooden ship build

On 5/27/2020 at 10:18 PM, KHauptfuehrer said:

Beautifully done.  Having struggled with the same kit for 11 years, I am in a position to appreciate what it took to get to this point and have it look so excellent!

Thanks Ken (hope I got the name correct).  That says a lot coming from you.  I have seen your Constitution and your work is 'amazing'.  

On 5/27/2020 at 10:38 PM, mtaylor said:

Looking great.  I think it's almost normal that the first build of something with 3 masts takes forever.  Especially with work and family things going on.

Thanks Mark.  Definitely appreciate your comments from an expert ship builder.  

Ron

Here are a couple of other photos.

This first one is another view (please ignore my mistakes :) ) at the currect build stage:

Not sure yet how the text and photos line up, but the 2nd photo is taken thru the windows of the transom looking towards the bow.  The light you see shining off the gun deck are from small LED lights I installed in the ceiling of the gun deck.  Course using my phone to take the photo does not due it justice.  When you look at it with the naked eye you can see all the way to the bow.

20200527_103057.jpg

20200527_102619.jpg

On 5/29/2020 at 3:08 PM, KHauptfuehrer said:

Great photo.  I would need an endoscope to get a view like that.  Very neat and clean. I thought about having lights in the gun deck, but could not figure out how to do it.  Congrats! Thanks also for the kind words.

Regards,

Kurt

Thanks Kurt. Sorry for calling you Ken.  

Let me say that some of the work you have done with your Constitution is so much better than mine and in more detail.  You definitely have the knack for working with small items that are on these ships.  Even my wife said 'Why doesn't your ship look as good as Kurt's?'  (HA!!!).  

I will admit that your masts are really, really good.  I am hoping mine will come out looking that good.

Ron

On 5/29/2020 at 1:51 PM, jgilchrist800 said:

Nice work! Much better than mine! Like you and others I'm also on my decade long quest to finish up this model, in fact I'm almost finished with the rigging. Maybe 6 more months!

We do have patience!!!

Thanks John!  I hope to start the rigging in the next couple of weeks.  I 'hope' to get the ship finished this year.  But we'll see.  

I see you have completed several ship builds.  I am starting to 'think' about my next ship, or boat, but have not come up with a decision yet.  I'll take any suggestions.

Ron

• 3 months later...