6 hours ago, David Lester said:

So now that this one is done, I have decided to jump off the deep end and launch into a challenging new build - the HMS Ontario from Maris Stella.

Beautiful boat, David! I may have to put this model on my tick list. She has such beautiful lines. My wife and I went on an afternoon sail on the Bluenose II in Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, last fall on a blustery day and enjoyed it very much.

I'm really looking forward to your build of the Ontario. She's a magnificent looking ship!

Thanks again all.

Bob Hermann - it hadn't occurred to me to put the gaffs in the lower position until a friend sent me a video he took of Bluenose II motoring with no sails up and the gaffs were lowered. So I decided to show my model that way too. I think it's a good option for the Bluenose because it really shows off the rigging and the many large blocks of the peak halliards.

Bob Garcia - lucky you for having made it to Lunenburg last year. We saw Bluenose in Ontario last September on the Tall Ships Challenge and we decided to make a trip to Lunenburg this year, but you know what occurred and we never made it.

David