Brigadoon by steven. R - Freedom Song Boatworks

I started this schooner Brigadoon. It's from Freedom song Boatworks. I had no experience before with this company so thought I would try it out. Was an ebay purchase a year ago and being out of production it interested me. I found first of all that it's a bit low on quality of contents. No wood blocks. Had to handcut the parts . No modern laser cuts. It reminds me of a kit you would have gotten in the 70s or so. I am upgrading to many parts such as belaying pins and going to wooden blocks. For the price you pay I would have liked these extras. It's a pretty easy hull to assemble and i have enjoyed building thus far. I painted the bottom with copper and patinaed the paint for appeal . Added 14 mm belaying pins and going to wooden blocks for rigging. Not using white beads that came in kit. Upgrading parts is fun ..adds a challenge to improving the model. 

20200529_162034.jpg

20200529_162014.jpg

20200529_162027.jpg

Freedom Song ceased production of their boat kits a few years back. I'm not sure if their other kits are still in production or not. Their kits were definitely old-school technology, but they had some interesting subjects. I have their Tancook whaler in my stash and did a review of it in 2014.

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 1 year later...