MRAP ATV by CDW - FINISHED - Rye Field - 1:35 Scale

Just now, Canute said:

Here's their English instructions for the Dark Yellow set Craig is using.: http://www.mr-hobby.com/en/itemDetail.php?iId=1917

here's te English instructions for the OD set: http://www.mr-hobby.com/en/itemDetail.php?iId=1916

They cleverly used the same instructions for both.

Good find Ken. Thanks for posting the link.

You bet. It's critical to get the best use of these new paints. Your box lid for the set was absolutely no help. ;):D

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

Jack, 

I can attest to scalehobbyist.com

Never had one problem.

Great selection. I window shop on the website whenever I can at work! :ph34r:

I almost exclusively use them, almost. I do use Micromark, Syren, etc....

There in my state, so my money stays in state.

Amazon has enough money, they don't need mine. 

Tom E 

That's awesome CDW!

Should be a fine week. Maybe some weather mid week, but that's a ways off.

Little bit of Florida tonight. Hot and steamy. Well hot and steamy for this pale New Englander!

Where are you going to visit?

I hear Hampton Beach area is somewhat open. Limited capacity I imagine. 

But I'm pretty sure the restaurants should be open with outdoor dining.

June is a fine month for fried clams, lobster and some chowdah outside by the beach. 

Up north, things seem to be a bit more relaxed. 

Tom E 

40 minutes ago, CDW said:

We'll be staying near Manchester at our oldest daughter's home.

Ironically my youngest daughter used to live in Keene! She was Guidance Dept Chair at Keene State College. When she first moved to NH, they lived on Gilmore Pond in Jaffrey before moving into Keene.  Now she's in Maryland.  Used to drive up to Keene a lot, only about a 3 hr drive for us. 

Amazing detail.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

35 minutes ago, CDW said:

Engine, transmission, and radiator all mounted now.

I love that Cat yellow against the desert yellow...... Perfect!!!

Looking great my friend....

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Cripes, the detailing in this kit is downright superb. What next? And you finish is flawless. 👍👍

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

That is looking So Good  Craig   - miles a head of other kits   the quality  of moulding and your skills making it pop,   fantastic build.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

agreed on the awesome color choices........the detail is amazing!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Just now, Canute said:

Cripes, the detailing in this kit is downright superb. What next? And you finish is flawless. 👍👍

Next are sub assemblies that attach to the chassis, and the extensive detailing just goes on and on. Every step is another mini model. Every Rye Field kit I own is detailed like this. An exceptional company doing next generation work to produce extreme detail.

Just now, Old Collingwood said:

That is looking So Good  Craig   - miles a head of other kits   the quality  of moulding and your skills making it pop,   fantastic build.

OC.

Thank you OC

Just now, ASAT said:

Looking great! I love that panel line stuff, easy to use and really looks realistic the way it seeks out detail and collection areas

To go along with the panel line wash, you'll want to acquire a bottle of Mr Color Solvent 110, and some women's makeup applicators, the ones with the little foam tips. After you apply your panel line wash, dampen the foam tip applicator with Solvent 110, and then use it to wipe away excess wash leaving only the wash in the recesses. Works like a charm. But be forewarned, this application only works over a lacquer based acrylic like Mr Color. If you try it over a water based acrylic like Vallejo, it will remove the paint.

Just now, popeye the sailor said:

agreed on the awesome color choices........the detail is amazing!

It's all in the paint, Denis. Mr Color lacquer based acrylics. The paint is just that good.

Speaking of detail, has anyone seen the Ramin Shrimp noodle kit by Bandai which they posted to Instagram ?  My son thinks they did it partly as a joke and partly to say see what we can do.  Bandai also makes the Gundam kits. 

Wow... that's one impressive kit. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

3 hours ago, Jack12477 said:

Speaking of detail, has anyone seen

I have mixed a lot of Ramin with many dishes in my years, starting with C-Rats. But THAT does not look even close to appetizing The C-Rats would taste better without it.😝

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

The Mr Color is solvent based, so will have an odor. Don't tick off the Admiral spraying this stuff.  However, it looks really good; I'm going to give it a try.

Rye Field have a number of M1 Abrams kits, too, if you're so inclined.

Ken

Managed to get a few hours in on this project today. Built the front bumper system and related hardware, then added the hoses in the engine compartment. Everything got painted in the appropriate colors.

Believe it or not, the front bumper and other hardware was a few dozen parts which show the complexity of the model required to add detail.

DSCN3051.thumb.JPG.d39f3239995e6ebe1cf7c29a68c0b00f.JPGDSCN3052.thumb.JPG.373c8f8f267e5526d3bf249d84a2675c.JPGDSCN3053.thumb.JPG.f47380b210802492ff6446081b287eb2.JPGDSCN3054.thumb.JPG.e17b234b245ebf65653a3ee3c44313df.JPGDSCN3055.thumb.JPG.59d579923dca4fa41ad22741c7a59457.JPG

I can believe it mate  - look at all that detail  - amazing work.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Kits have certainly come a long way since I was kit.  Love the detail.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)