• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful work, Robert. I find it interesting that one of the flags included in the kit is that of the cinque ports https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinque_Ports - I know she's not based on a "real" ship, but it's nice that the kitmakers have added a little detail which gives some indication of her port of origin.

image.jpeg.6da38623d00d3942a518efb968beb443.jpeg

Hey Robert I got a question for you. I am starting my Man O War and I am curious of your process. In your pictures it looks as if you did a little of the hull painting before you glued the two halves together with the deck. Then after you put it together you continued and finished the remainder of the hull painting. Is that correct?  I have all my pieces primed and will start the delicate painting. I am going to weather the deck first so it is ready to insert in the hull halves when it is time. 

069C0EBB-FBA8-45B6-81FD-C4FB2B0BD1CF.jpeg

1E2001EB-C707-4F21-AB24-EAD58CD219E9.jpeg

On 9/26/2020 at 2:52 PM, Bill97 said:

Hey Robert I got a question for you. I am starting my Man O War and I am curious of your process. In your pictures it looks as if you did a little of the hull painting before you glued the two halves together with the deck. Then after you put it together you continued and finished the remainder of the hull painting. Is that correct?  I have all my pieces primed and will start the delicate painting. I am going to weather the deck first so it is ready to insert in the hull halves when it is time. 

069C0EBB-FBA8-45B6-81FD-C4FB2B0BD1CF.jpeg

1E2001EB-C707-4F21-AB24-EAD58CD219E9.jpeg

Hi Bill 

More or less correct, I usually paint all my parts first, Hulls and on sprues, before any assembly, anything after this is just little touch ups if needed.

I think it's better to do this with Galleons as there are usually a lot of intricate painting to be done which isn't very feasible if the assembly has already been done or at least it makes it harder to do imho.

Hope this helps Bill mate 

On 9/23/2020 at 12:55 AM, Louie da fly said:

Beautiful work, Robert. I find it interesting that one of the flags included in the kit is that of the cinque ports https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cinque_Ports - I know she's not based on a "real" ship, but it's nice that the kitmakers have added a little detail which gives some indication of her port of origin.

image.jpeg.6da38623d00d3942a518efb968beb443.jpeg

Hi Louie

You are correct  in that case, this particular flag being the "Lord Warden of Cinque Ports" 

I bought my Cloth Flags after sails from HISmodel as they look so much better than paper ones, just a shame you can't  get Cloth flags for every kit out there.

Best wishes 

Robert.

20200930_092924.jpg