3 hours ago, Bill97 said:

After seeing the pictures and reading your comments I did a little online search. There is a 13 part build video of the Soleli Royal you have. That is an impressive ship to build! You will enjoy it. Kind of expensive brand new on line and sold out on eBay. I also really like the Airfix Wasa. I have found it available and am going to add that to my Christmas. I can’t remember the scale of it now. What is your’s? Going to look for the Prince also. 

Hi Bill, that's good, The Airfix Wasa has a 1:144 scale albeit as I said before these scales are not historically accurate as these Airfix tall ship boxes are all the same size more or less.

There is a Prince on ebay but very expensive at £69.95 someone trying to take advantage of its rarity I think.

Yes I paid full rep price for the Soleil Royal and Hms Victory  both £159 each,but brand new, even pre owned ones go for about £130+  so there is little point in that incase something is missing or broken, these kits are well sought after, the Victory I got, the seller had 3 brand new and I kid you nor these went within 20mins of being posted.

Not sure if I have anything  for my Christmas that I really want, may just get myself a Zvezda or Heller kit i dont have but nothing expensive, not that i need anymore atm.

This is a lovely model you are making, Robert.  I remember seeing the English galleon in the hobby store, when I was a kid and being completely captivated by it.  I had done an absolutely terrible job of building the Spanish Galleon, and thought that one day I might try the English version with its bonaventure mizzen.  Anyway, it's nice to see such good, clean work.

1 hour ago, Hubac's Historian said:

This is a lovely model you are making, Robert.  I remember seeing the English galleon in the hobby store, when I was a kid and being completely captivated by it.  I had done an absolutely terrible job of building the Spanish Galleon, and thought that one day I might try the English version with its bonaventure mizzen.  Anyway, it's nice to see such good, clean work.

Thank you for those kind words, I completely overhauled the paintwork and added architectural features as well  as hand sewing my own sail, as I just didnt like Revell's finish.

Robert I like to detail paint the little figures Revell includes with  their models. That will be the same with the Man O War. I have tried looking online for period British naval uniforms I am guessing 1600’s time frame. Any suggestions?

17 hours ago, Bill97 said:

Robert I like to detail paint the little figures Revell includes with  their models. That will be the same with the Man O War. I have tried looking online for period British naval uniforms I am guessing 1600’s time frame. Any suggestions?

Hi Bill, 

You could try this company, I know they do Spanish and English pirates think the scale is 1/72. 

I didn't use the figures for mine as I thought they weren't  good enough quality compared to Aifix figures on the Golden Hind.

Here's the link to Drum and Flag mate. 

https://www.drumandflag.co.uk/