Caldercraft HMS Victory - gun port linings

As a new member (4th June 2020) I may be doing this wrong and I apologize if so. I have the above model and, although have read through the instructions and reviewed all the plans, I must admit to be struggling on how you make and fit the the gun port linings. Also how you fix the cannons on the Middle Gun Deck (#22) between bulkheads 14-17 where there is no deck ?

Any help or references are much appreciated.

regards Dave 

Hello Dave

Yep once more those gunport linings !!  I don’t know what Graham as advised you to do, but this is my best idea.  If you fit ( let’s call it a shelf ) on the inside of the gunport aperture, level with  the edge on both the top and bottom and both sides of the aperture, then you can simply locate the lining on the shelf and glue it in position 1mm back as required. I would use balsa wood for the shelf and let it sit back about 4mm. A reason for using balsa is if the shelf is slightly out of position after you glue it you can simply shave it level with a craft knife. Make a simple hook to help you locate the balsa shelf on the inside of the hull with glue on the front face of the shelf.  Best of luck DAVID

image.jpg