Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

It’s been an interesting few weeks working on the guns, the gun port doors, and eye bolts and split rings. I found the gun port hinges particularly challenging and am not completely happy with how they came out - still need to install the two at the bow.  I have a bunch of photo etch brass left over from other projects, and used bits and pieces to make the hinges but had a lot of trouble getting them shaped properly. The guns went together well and the weathering powder is a nice touch that adds a bit of depth. I got really good at making eye bolts and  split rings - the annealed wire Chuck recommended is easy to work with and cuts well using a razor saw. Some pics………..

 

Don

A5F4D1F1-B4D6-4DF3-A6F8-BA2DA4F88BB9.jpeg

31A71901-F18C-42EA-9323-7948BF0EFB7B.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used Lees to figure sizes and I came up with 5/32" singles for the blocks,  .015 for the tackles and .028 for the breach ropes. I make no claim of accuracy for my calculations, but you can see the results on my log.

 

Bob 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, rafine said:

I used Lees to figure sizes and I came up with 5/32" singles for the blocks,  .015 for the tackles and .028 for the breach ropes. I make no claim of accuracy for my calculations, but you can see the results on my log.

 

Bob 

Thanks, Bob, they look great! I use your build as a reference on a regular basis, looks like you’re a month or so ahead of me. Glad your plumbing issue went well and you’re on the mend!
 

Take care,

Don

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...