Jump to content

Recommended Posts

This kit took 9 months to complete.

I think the production time for one day was 3-4 hours.

The hull was built in 3 months, and the mast and rigging took 9 months.


Box wood is used for the upper part of the hull.

The lower part of the hull uses wood from the kit.

The thickness of the bulkhead was as thin as 3mm, so I couldn't continue to make the bottom from here.


I cut and glued the remaining veneer board of the kit to the bulkhead .


At this time, I knew only balsa wood as the filler.

I didn't like balsa because the thumbtack doesn't work to planking.

Currently I use Absolute Falcata for the filler.




Link to post
Share on other sites

I added wale because it is flat and the tumble foam is loose.

The metal parts of Lower Teakney and Lower Gallery no longer fit.



In the assembly manual, the upper hull  will be added after trimming. It is easier to make it all at once.

The bottom of the ship was painted by mixing white and sail color at a ratio of 50%.



Since attaching the upper deck makes it difficult to manufacture, complete all outfitting before attaching.



The French ship noticed that the deck was curved according to the hull, but the plate attached to the kit could not reproduce the curve.





Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...