Sorry Carl,  not all themes are available any longer.....we will see what we can do. If anything.

There are two other selections but keep in mind we will be switching out that image on this theme every few months to make it interesting.   Bottom footer to change themes.

I also just experienced the new theme. My concern is that all the text is now a light grey that is very difficult and eye-straining to read against a white background. I went into my account settings and could find no way to change those display options. Is there a way for me to set the basic text back to black or is it now built into MSW? Regardless, it's giving me eye strain within a few minutes of looking at the site and I'd be very grateful to have black text back.

I realize site managers have a thankless job when things go well but only ever hear from us with complaints, so I apologize. But this is really affecting my ability to read the site.

working on it.....lots still to do and after many hours we are still tweaking.   So please refrain from jumping the gun with the usual this sucks comments....Not you Cathead ..........but I am referring to the usual gang of members who do this before every update is finalized.  I have already deleted a few such comments which arent helping at all.  Just switch themes for now thanks.

Its literally the same half dozen or dozen cranks that do this with every change we make.  We have a pool going with the moderators containing the usual suspects.....I got ten bucks on one guy to see who will complain first before we finish.   

36 minutes ago, Cathead said:

I'd be very grateful to have black text back.

Did you try switching the theme back to uniform? The button is at the extreme bottom of the page on the left. The text should be black on white again.

465251780_Screenshot(5).png.992c3861353c758a386b55cbf71e0ff1.png

Chuck, Jim and all you hard working mods,

The problem with the new look is not the new look, but rather we seem to be mostly a bunch of past fifty/sixty/seventy year old folk that despise change more and more as we get older and older.  Too set in our ways.  From one oldie here, great work, these changes help keep the mind working a little harder.   Keep up the great work everyone, change is good!!!

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

9 minutes ago, allanyed said:

bunch of past fifty/sixty/seventy year old folk that despise change

Hey, hey now!! I don't "despise change." Well, at least not all of it. Okay, maybe most of it. 😋

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

i like the new banner

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

Just think.....In a week you will never remember what the old stuff looked like, LOL.   Hey you kids......get off my lawn!!!!

1 hour ago, James H said:

Your text is now black

Looks great, thanks so much. I tried to make clear that I wasn't whining, just providing some feedback on functionality, but I apologize if it came off as critical rather than curious. I'm deeply appreciative what you all do to keep this running.

We know....but other comments that were deleted werent like that.   They were just complaining that the mashed potatoes were too lumpy.   No worries.  You had a very constructive comment. And we were getting to it.  Thanks :) 

I dont think so with this theme.  Sorry.  But you cant switch to Uniform theme below in the footer.

4 hours ago, Cathead said:

I also just experienced the new theme. My concern is that all the text is now a light grey that is very difficult and eye-straining to read against a white background.

I had to agree with that comment, but I was able to follow the solution shown below to switch it back.  The rest of the changes are appealing to me.

3 hours ago, VTHokiEE said:

Did you try switching the theme back to uniform? The button is at the extreme bottom of the page on the left. The text should be black on white again.

Dave

“You’ve just got to know your limitations”  Dirty Harry

Current Builds:  Modified MS 1/8” scale Phantom, and modified plastic/wood hybrid of Aurora 1:87 scale whaling bark Wanderer.

Past Builds: (Done & sold) 1/8” scale A.J. Fisher 2 mast schooner Challenge, 1/6” scale scratch built whaler Wanderer w/ plans & fittings from A.J. Fisher, and numerous plastic kits including 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution (twice), Cutty Sark, and Mayflower.

(Done & in dry dock) Modified 1/8” scale Revell U.S.S. Constitution w/ wooden deck and masting [too close encounter w/conc. floor in move]

Hope to get to builds: MS 3/16” scale Pride of Baltimore II,  MS 1/2” scale pinky schooner Glad Tidings,  a scratch build 3/16” scale  Phantom, and a scratch build 3/16" scale Denis Sullivan.

A minor problem with the new theme is that there is a wide strip with buttons that does not disappear as you scroll down, this eats valuable screen space on my 14 inch monitor. On the old theme this bar is not present.

Odd vaddoc, I do not have that, which theme are you using? It may be related. You could try switch theme, and find out

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

Well, with the grey one, it just scrolls down, no issues

With the brown, as it scrolls down it keeps the strip with the "browse, Gallery, group projects etc" buttons locked and carries it down. You see on the photo I have scrolled down to the bottom but that strip is still there

1674213552_newfond.thumb.png.619eaa817fe08634b58c00ba8d3df6fc.png

33 minutes ago, vaddoc said:

Well, with the grey one, it just scrolls down, no issues

With the brown, as it scrolls down it keeps the strip with the "browse, Gallery, group projects etc" buttons locked and carries it down. You see on the photo I have scrolled down to the bottom but that strip is still there

1674213552_newfond.thumb.png.619eaa817fe08634b58c00ba8d3df6fc.png

We can remove that, but it's a quick-navigation/search feature of the website, so you don't need to scroll to the top etc.

6 hours ago, James H said:

The only reason the new one didn't is because I hadn't yet tweaked it at that stage.

Sorry to get ahead of you. Not always clear whether a given question is helpful because it is unique or hasn't been noticed, or unhelpful because it's already on the to-do list.

19 hours ago, Chuck said:

Its literally the same half dozen or dozen cranks that do this with every change we make. 

Reminds of an Admiral once quoted as saying, “I’ve been in this outfit for 40 years. I’ve seen a lot of changes in that time. And I’ve opposed every single one of them!”

Keep up the great work Mods/Admins - I’m sure any minor glitches with the changes will be overcome (or forgotten) in time.