Porsche 934 1/12 kpnuts Tamiya

Hi all bought a mirror to mount the 934 on will have the car on axle stands with the engine alongside it, not sure whether to have the tyres stacked or arranged around it, also thinking of putting 2 walls up around it with pictures of the car racing on them I'm going for a look of it being in a museum display.
Any suggestions welcome.

IMG_3636.jpg

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3633.jpg

IMG_3632.jpg

1 hour ago, kpnuts said:

Hi all made a start on the axle stands but had a major set back on the bodywork looked great till I clear coated it and it went matt.....

Probably a bad batch of clear coat.... Can you polish it out and retry from a new bottle?

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

3 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Cant be the clear coat as the wings and bonnet are fine.

Well, something changed somewhere between the applications......

I've had that happen with rattlecan finishes, one application is beautiful high gloss, a few days later another application from the same can over the same paint goes flat....

It was a testors product and even they acknowledged the problem..... suggested using a new can, which in my case resolved the problem.... I tried the recalcitrant can on another project that was going to be flat eventually and again it came out flat.... well at least it confirmed what the Testors tech told me.....

If you airbrushed the finish from the same bottle, I don't know what to tell you and haven't a clue what the problem might have been....

It's frustrating when that happens...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

3 hours ago, kpnuts said:

.......if you think it looks good LEAVE IT ALONE 

+1

Very sound advise....

Quote:

hope you can save it.........the body looked darn good :( 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi all I decided to add the brake pipes to this kit and was going to use wire but then realised that the working steering and suspension wouldn't work so I added the bracket to  the suspension leg and then added a flexible hose from that. Should I mention this was my third attempt(no ones perfect)

IMG_3674.jpg

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3675.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3676.jpg

Looks gorgeous...

psst: how did you fix the body? or did I miss something.... 

Nice recovery btw....

Quote:

36 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Flatted it back then heated it with swmbo's hair drier and resprayed the clear coat (went a bit too far with the flatting back and have had to order some more paint as there is a bit of undercoat showing through in places)

Nice Work! The heat does wonders for fixing clear finish issues doesn't it.... that's a little trick I learned several years ago.... but you have to be careful you don't get it too hot or the re-sprayed finish dries too fast.....

Beautiful job!

Somehow I just knew you had an answer for the finish that refused to cooperate.....

Quote:

The only way I can see a difference between what you've done so far and the real thing is that the real thing would have sponsor decals/posters and pin-up lady on the walls also.  Even the toolbox would have sponsor labels all over it.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

I should show you a picture of my tool box........gotta have a snap on calendar too ;)   not a good place though,  behind the car like that........you look'in to nick the body :o

looking really good.........good you found a fix for the paint :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Ok so I need something on the tool chest but most of the car is built so not much choice but the rear suspension, problem is the spring plate is moulded integral with the suspension arm (on the car if you were working on the suspension arm you would have left the spring plate on ) so I cut it off and made a new spring plate separate to put on the car (still got to make the casters for the tool chest)

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3730.jpg

IMG_3731.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

IMG_3737.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

IMG_3738.jpg

AWESOME!!! :)   ..still don't see the swimsuit edition calendar?   definitely first rate! :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

just kidding my friend :)   back when I worked at the garage,  {1980 or so} it was normal to see {even if it was kept in the bottom drawer ;) }.  times have changed....you won't see them anymore.....replaced by vintage cars and hot rods.   one year,  I even got one for my brother in law for Christmas.   I'm still working .....a trailer mechanic at a truck shop {Wal Mart},  and no one there even has one.  chalk it up to another 'fad' that had its 'heyday',  and disappeared into obscurity ;) 

did you rough up the treads on the tires?

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: