NO TAGGING IN THIS AREA!

Please.  Just don't do it.  Maybe someday but for now don't as it causes issues with those looking for ships.   I am and will be removing tags from non-ship models effective immediately.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

13 hours ago, marktiedens said:

I agree with you - This sub-forum should be kept separate from the ship stuff.       I don`t know who tagged my build here - I didn`t.

Mark

No worries, Mark.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

• 1 year later...

Just a reminder to not use tags in the non-ship-builds area. I just finished scrubbing tags from four pages of logs. If any of these were you, don't feel bad -- even I forget this rule sometimes, and I think I may have been at fault for some of the tags I just now removed! 😬

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
- Tuco

Current builds: Brigantine Phoenix, Hawker Hurricane

• 6 months later...

Hello all you friends who model other things besides ships!

You may have noticed that a number of topics in this section have been tagged with the word 'done'. Yes, that tag means exactly what you think it means -- it indicates a project that is finished. If you wish to see a list of all the finished projects in this sub-forum, simply click one of the 'done' tags and they will come up in a list (all 316 of them as of this writing).

A reminder: Why have we used the word 'done' in this section and not 'finished' like everywhere else? Because MSW is first of all a ship modeling forum, and we want people who click a 'finished' tag, hoping to see only ship models, to in fact see only ship models. We will reserve 'done' for non-categorized builds, thus keeping the two groups -- ships versus everything else -- separate.

You can add the tag 'done' to your completed projects or have me tag them for you. As always, I will be watching out for your 'done' projects, but some folks are less effective than others about alerting members to the fact that their done projects are indeed done.

Another reminder: Other than indicating projects as 'done', we DO NOT use any other tags in this sub-forum! I had to expunge a few recently. Again, this is so that ship modelers don't get non-ship results in their searches.

So, got that? Clicking a 'finished' tag will return ONLY finished ship models. Clicking a 'done' tag will return ONLY finished non-ship projects.

Thanks and enjoy!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

- Tuco

• 11 months later...

Giving this topic a bump after reviewing all 22 pages in this section. Please remember that the ONLY tag we use in this area is the word 'done' to indicate completed builds. No other tags are permitted.

Thanks!

Chris Coyle
Greer, South Carolina

- Tuco

• 2 months later...
41 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

Sorry may seem thick but what is tagging

If you start a thread, there is an "add tag" button just under the thread title.  People use that to add things like the kit manufacturer or the particular ship being built.  Then it is possible to search for all threads with that particular tag if, for example, you are interested in build logs for kits by model shipways.  The tags show up in the list of threads, e.g. the yellowish/pinkish/orangeish ovals in the screen capture below (what the heck color is that?)

image.png.3d842405c65fdd814e3272472d366fd9.png

- Gary

Current Build: Artesania Latina Sopwith Camel

Completed Builds: Blue Jacket America 1/48th  Annapolis Wherry

28 minutes ago, kpnuts said:

now if you could just explain the meaning of life

Perhaps Dr Per (aka @Nirvana) at Therapy for Shipaholics could address that question 🤔 😉 😀 😄