US Brig Syren by rlcpowell - Model Shipways - Scale 1:64

Hi all.  This is my second ship build and also new to the forum.  I’m almost done with my first, a Blue Jacket Ship Crafters Red Baron.  I am down to painting which is a process so I decided to start on the Syren.

At first I was not going to post my ship build because I am a newbie to this hobby.  After reading all the supportive comments and suggestions in other builds I decided I was being an idiot.  With that said I have started and here are my initial pictures.  I look forward to comments and suggestions.71DC45BA-7E14-4EFB-9ABD-650DD4611680.jpeg.88b128cf0233a1326a66b74e759b2787.jpeg667C2CCC-72D2-49FF-B90D-3D95AC4F7416.jpeg.37f62057921410b56d2c508f1d9bfa99.jpeg7E3ECB15-8894-4260-9BB1-98CBA6DF359C.jpeg.ce4505a463692e182a9d0dd5712c2312.jpeg

Hi Ric, welcome to the forum! I’m sure you’ll be glad you decided to post you build log here. I’ll watch and learn.

Barry

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore is a habit, not an act.

~ Aristotle 

I could carry, paddle, walk and sing with any man I ever saw. I have been twenty-four years a canoe man, and forty-one years in service; no portage was ever too long for me, fifty songs could I sing. I have saved the lives of ten voyageurs, have had twelve wives and six running dogs. I spent all of my money in pleasure. Were I young again, I would spend my life the same way over. There is no life so happy as a voyageur's life!

~ The Voyageur, Grace Lee Nute

Good luck with your build!! I'll follow along! 

Current: 

USF Confederacy - Model Shipways (Build Log)

HMS Pickle - Caldercraft (Build Log)

Complete:

Virgina 1819 - Artesania Latina (Gallery)

U.S. Brig Syren - Model Shipways (Build Log, Gallery)

On the shelf:

Armed Virginia Sloop - Model Shipways

Hi Robert and welcome to Model Ship World.  I am glad that you decided to start a build log on your Syren.  There are many Syren build logs on MSW that you can refer to and the kit's designer, Chuck Passaro, is a site administrator of MSW.  If you have any questions about your build, I am sure you will quickly get answers from the members here.  The Syren is one of my favorite kits and it has an excellent set of instructions that will help you build an exceptional model.  Good luck on your build.

Ryland

Member - Hampton Roads Ship Model Society

- Ship Model Society of New Jersey

- Nautical Research Guild

Current Build - Armed Virginia Sloop, 18th Century Longboat

Completed Build - Medway Longboat

Me as well!  Welcome to the forum!  I’m sure you’ll be glad you are posting. It helps greatly and you get a lot of supports and helpful comments.

----------------------------------------------------

“Work like a Captain....Play like a Pirate!” — Every Ship Modeler...everywhere.

Welcome.   Im building SYREN as well!   Good luck to us all!

Hi Ric, and a warm welcome to MSW. Syren as mentioned is probably one of the more popular models to build.

I also have one going.

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 1 month later...