Junkers Ju 87G-2 Stuka 'Kanonenvogel' by popeye the sailor - Fujimi - 1:72 scale

thanks Ken.......I received the Special Hobby kit, and it opened up the wider implications.  I haven't seen anything to suggest that it was an either/or.  I did find an interesting article on the Stuka development

Tools of War: The Stuka — The Military Historian

this article shows from the JU 87A up to the G variants.   the role of the dive bomber dates all the way back to the later part of the 1920's,  when all it amounted to,  was the pilot tossing grenade size bombs out of the cockpit as he flew over.   as thought,  this wasn't always right on target,  and plans were in the works to make the practice more precise.  here is another article that is pretty interesting:

Junkers Ju 87 Stuka

the Special Hobby kit shed light on the early variant,  and is more of a multimedia kit...very different from what I've built in the past.  I will post this one separately because of this.......I think you will agree.  the looks is what drew me to the model.

491913732_1.jpg.955c1a73a368cb5b9d9d3cdd137c7ec5.jpg

anyone who has built of of their models knows that they are a Czech Republic company.  this kit also includes resin parts....the complete cockpit and accessories.  the first thing I noticed with the kit,  are the landing gear 'boots'.........the tires are molded in them...not something I expected.

1606928732_2.jpg.f07dd9d7e1fb2d5d666226bf2a920e9d.jpg

the canopy is a rather stiff cello,  and not the usual clear plastic.  they include two of them,  so it's an assumption that the mistake ratio is pretty high for them to do that.  I'm not sure if it is supposed to be 'yellowed',  but ist is to some degree.

307012057_3.jpg.cb1f796602d524412032b0d386798429.jpg

there are plenty of small parts.......the dive flaps are assembled separately {that will be fun}.

658478773_4.jpg.d0638e78d850f3bdbc05ab15c0411198.jpg

the decal sheet is colorful.........kidding ;) has markings for German or Spanish

175850975_5.jpg.bdf0c93f0bed003e0a0f98100a557f14.jpg

....and the resin parts..........the boots can be modified to house the resin tires.  I haven't looked at this with any depth,  but so far,  I didn't see any locators or marks to give direction for fit.  as a matter of fact,  there are few pins or locator tabs on any of the parts,  so dry fit is a must ;) 

870868946_6.jpg.ae5b8fa5c7c2a6f05b2c0671235e7553.jpg

should be an interesting kit when I get to it :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Looking great!  That instrument panel looks really sweet - especially for this scale!

Mike

Current Wooden builds:  Amati/Victory Pegasus  MS Charles W. Morgan  Euromodel La Renommèe  

Plastic builds:    SB2U-1 Vindicator 1/48  Five Star Yaeyama 1/700  Pit Road Asashio and Akashi 1/700 diorama  Walrus 1/48 and Albatross 1/700  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/32  Eduard Sikorsky JRS-1 1/72  IJN Notoro 1/700  Akitsu Maru 1/700

Completed builds :  Caldercraft Brig Badger   Amati Hannah - Ship in Bottle  Pit Road Hatsuzakura 1/700   Hasegawa Shimakaze 1:350

F4B-4 and P-6E 1/72  Accurate Miniatures F3F-1/F3F-2 1/48  Tamiya F4F-4 Wildcat built as FM-1 1/48  Special Hobby Buffalo 1/48

Citroen 2CV 1/24 - Airfix and Tamiya  Entex Morgan 3-wheeler 1/16

Terminated build:  HMS Lyme (based on Corel Unicorn)  

On the shelf:  Euromodel Friedrich Wilhelm zu Pferde; Caldercraft Victory; too many plastic ship, plane and car kits

Future potential scratch builds:  HMS Lyme (from NMM plans); Le Gros Ventre (from Ancre monographs), Dutch ship from Ab Hoving book, HMS Sussex from McCardle book, Philadelphia gunboat (Smithsonian plans)

Another Stuka, Dennis? Those Special Hobbies kits look interesting.

If you want a big challenge, size and otherwise, this is a new release of a Stuka in 1/35 scale:  https://www.hyperscale.com/2022/reviews/kits/borderbf002reviewbg_1.html

Has it's pro's and con's, per the reviewer, but overall, he thinks it's a good one. Not cheap, but he sees a lot of aftermarket goodies to fix the more egregious errors.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

thanks Mike :)  I found that removing the molded detail helped out a lot.  I didn't center it quite right,  but in the cockpit it looks good.  with the glass in place,  it will never be seen.

oh.....I like that Ken.........I'll keep it in mind :)   back in my youth,  I built the 1:32 'snake' Stuka..........it used to be quite common,  but has become a bit rare to see.  one day while I was out,  my siblings took it outside and destroyed it on me..........I found it smashed into a stump in the corral for the horses.  I didn't do a lot of paint on it.......I wasn't much of a painter,  not that I am now :D .....but I think I could do much more than join plastic together.........and it's a huge plane,  for 1:32.

I'm actually kind of surprised with this kit.........so far,  I've fixed three shortcomings with it.  check out this update :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

I mentioned shortcomings..........in comparison to the Special Hobby kit,  I saw three.  there may be others,  but I'm sure that they are cosmetic and likely something I'm willing to live with.  the first thing I noticed,  is that there is a partition between the pilot and gunner,  and the radio equipment is visible on the gunner side.  there is a cut away toward the base,  but I went with a full length partition that narrows at the top.  I gotta say.....I did a great job with hugging the inner cockpit walls.

882927463_1.jpg.208e0bfac20d57181a612f4f1aafeeca.jpg

the raw blank was whittled down to the shape I wanted,  and then I went into my spare parts box.  parts for the equipment was cobbled out and added to the partition.

1201416185_2.jpg.d39b8a4684f969750e3a6b8e9b739aea.jpg

1629716939_3.jpg.d76b6d30cc3f9232c20b10f365494cef.jpg

once painted,  they look more the part.......even more so once the fuselage halves were cemented together.

1636775190_5.jpg.4823dcbf5445f446d573bb6dfd0232c5.jpg

the missing intake screen was my next concern.  the two locator pin holes were trimmed out,  and a blank was glued in place before the halves were joined.

355018734_4.jpg.1aa8d3795131957de31cd30a49d72d5f.jpg

I was just going to leave it as it is,  but going through the spare parts,  I found something for it.  the blank was cleaned up and painted.

1560117809_7.jpg.d0265905df306de7022f9e5f9ebec9a7.jpg

the screen part was cut to shape and glued in place....I'm glad  I recessed the blank.

1808910972_8.jpg.c3325b36b7d63810009fa20d36863917.jpg

I wished it was PE........but beggars can't be choosers.  the third short coming can be seen in prior pictures..........the two demarcations on the top of the cowl,  that suggests vents.

1756523554_6.jpg.cbd892497e88316f95327d05465b343f.jpg

sorry for the blur........a clearer view can be seen in the cockpit picture.  as luck would have it.......I found something in the spare parts that could be used.  it took a bit of trimming,  since they are small vents,  but I managed to cobble something together.

28703389_9.jpg.420cab0f1c9c8c289346ca7bc1ddfc20.jpg

I hope to add more to the model......usually I revel in getting it built :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Looking good Denis  - and a good fix with the mesh  grill.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

Don't know much about the Stuka other than they were good at falling out of the sky. Early on in attacks and a little later in flames or pieces. Must admit though that I have never seen a picture with the full skirts on the main gear. I like the other style better. Even though I knew that one of their issues was that they were underpowered, I didn't know that they had to be guns or bombs!

I believe the SBD was considered a better dive bomber and was almost certainly more loved by it's pilots and crews. It was also dated and outclassed latter in the war but continued to be used.

Nice recovery Denis

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

thanx OC and Jav.......

if you read the articles,  these planes were primarily used during the Spanish and Russian conflicts.........and also the stint in Africa.  they did well in the beginning of WWII,  but they lost out towards the end.  fitted with the Jummo engine,  they were just not as fast as American fighters,  and their arch enemy..........the Spitfire.  I'm sure the numbers are short of the exact amount built.........Ju87 D's - 3,800  Ju87G 1 {and possibly the G 2 variant} 5,800,  which suggests that this plane was one that was built in large quantity.  their only task was to deliver bombs..........their defense was a radio /gunner in the beginning........a 50 cal in the left wing further on,  and then the nose cannon after that {possibly the G-2}.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I'm in the process right now,  of assembling and painting the tail section.  it's a bit boring watching paint dry,  so I thought I'd amuse myself........or abuse myself {whatever the case may be}.   I keep thinking about the resin tires for the JU87A........can it be done :ph34r:  so that's what I'm doing while I wait.  all I can say,  is that the plastic seems too thick for this type of stuff.  the tire detail has been cut off.........no turning back now!

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

getting closer to another update....made some progress on my little side task.  I read another article that outlines in more detail,  how the Stuka came to be.  

Junkers Ju 87 Stuka

it gives a good deal of info on it's development....it conflicts the installation of the wing gun........and it expands the use of the stuka upon entry into WWII.  one of the target changes made around this time was on shipping.  two later variants not really mentioned to any degree  was the JU87C {and one I never heard of},  the JU87R.  these planes were built for carrier use........really interesting.  I haven't seen any model kits on the odd variants........the Special Hobby kit  was a unique find.  

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

the camo is to lap onto the stabilizers,  so this update starts here.  the stabilizer struts have the same part number in the kit,  but there is a difference,  so they really should have their own.  there is a left and right here...test fit to be sure your putting them on the correct side.

1909008051_1.jpg.cceeefe89d0b3b8a26ab3170372bc726.jpg

I had to do some trimming to get the rudder to fit correctly later on.  once the struts were in place,  the camo work started on the fuselage.

1924659102_2.jpg.4a785f264846c96e9484b07eceef7982.jpg

the Stuka in later variants never lost those diamond shaped tips on the stabilizer {s}.  early in the development,  the V 1 had twin rudders.  when the V 2 was introduced,  it too had the twin rudders,  but in the first round of testing,  it spun out of control and killed the pilot.  from the V 2 on,  a single rudder fin was used.  it is a bit curious why the stubs were left in the design,  possibly to add more stability.  I would say.........that in regards to the human anatomy,  they are nothing more than the Appendix,  in comparison.

1488159774_3.jpg.76ad703128e9a608729056b41798cc6c.jpg

the camo continued towards the nose........

716741427_4.jpg.e9a263d218a9e0782b982e069ab6b05b.jpg

416188608_5.jpg.8dfa40e266c652569f6872fdf55fc600.jpg

finally,  the entire fuselage was covered.

1778007033_6.jpg.acffba393e0293034e5f657ac61db4a7.jpg

the exhaust was also painted..........time to give 'er her wings!

888491841_7.jpg.fb02470b1ac7b760f822322241f9cc15.jpg

1160810085_JU87G1.jpg.59ec422281d3fe2f0f35a78516c20547.jpg

a bit dark,  I know.............I like this effort better than the 1:72  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Those "triangles" on the stab tips could be "trim tabs" (preset adjustment before flight) or possibly a balance weight to compensate on the elevators.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Balance counterweights to stop stabilizer flutter in a dive...

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

Yes, these circular sectors are weights to bring the center of mass of the elevator on top of the hinge line. This is one measure to avoid flutter or aerodynamic coupling between vibration of the tail and the elevator. Tabs are on the trailing edge of the elevator. Nice splinter camo, by the way.

Dan

Edited by Danstream

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

I thought that as well,  considering that it is in relation to the elevators.  my next phase will be to do the masking on the canopy.....currently trimming off the injection pin marks so it will fit right.   it's been very hot up here in the Northeast.........my work week couldn't end quick enough..........I REALLY didn't want to be there.  there is no break from this heat till this coming Monday.  to add to the misery,  I've got some gastro issues going on...definitely something I ate :(   Sunday our family had a get together........out oldest sister came up from Florida {this is our second}.  yesterday,  my younger sister {#6.......there are eight in our family}  informs us that her husband has Covid {I sat next to him}.  I haven't been feeling ill,  other than the abdominal cramps I've been experiencing,  but I did a home test and it came up negative.    with a sudden rush of visits to the porcelain god last night,  I think I'm over the hill with the gastro issues........I'll bet it was the HOT Sausage.  but I don't want to get too analytical....I just want to put it behind me............cheeky ;) 

I got a bit further with the JU87A....is there a difference between Polyuretan {quote from the instructions} and resin?  I took a break from the landing gear boots / tire fitting and began looking at these parts.  even the wings look challenging,  being made up of five pieces.  I assembled them,  careful to position then to the correct dihedral....the instructions have diagrams showing it,  which is really nice.  without locator pins or tabs though,  there is some major guesswork on where stuff goes.  the resin is interesting though.......I have never dealt with it at this scale.  the entire cockpit is resin....the rest are just odds and ends.  due to the enlarged radiator,  it is a V2 variant......not too many pictures of them online.......the G variant seems the star in that respect.  I should start a log on it,  since I've got a few sessions worth of pictures.  I'm having to go about this one a bit differently as well.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

The polyurethane is the casting resin in most kits. It's a vast improvement over earlier blends. Works much like styrene, but needs CA/super glue for cementing. Use fresh super glue. I had some old blister pack stuff from a dollar store, but who knows how long it sat. I was assembling a freight car with it and all the parts I attached would pop off as I fitted new parts. Went to my local Ace Hardware (it's close) got a tube of Gorilla Super Glue and I was back in business.

The resin parts allow making short runs of parts, adding them to your basic kit, as you have here, Dennis. Have fun.

Ken

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

thanks Ken.......Yep,  I know to use super glue on these parts.  I just bought a couple new bottles for the PE on the New Jersey.  I'll keep the age thing in mind :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

I started writing my buy date on the blister pack. My only tracking method on those glues. My plastic glues have no problem, other than running out at an inopportune time, like late Sunday afternoon.

Ken

normally,  I get mine from Walgreens as a six pack.......small tubes.  larger bottles I find,  the nozzles get clogged before I can use it up.

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Popeye,

Been a while. once again I see you are off building old favorites.

That is a good looking cockpit, amazing the detail in models today compared to when we were kids. Was PE additions to the instrument panel or molded in?

As I was scanning through your build I saw something about a procedure on your legs, all is well I hope????

Best,

Sam

Current Build Constructo Enterprise

hello Sam!  so good to see you!  you caught me in the middle of one of my tangents..........   the instrument panel is a decal.......I sanded the molded detail off the part to get it to lay better on it.

...as for the procedure.....  bit of a circulation issue......the valves that line the veins that run up my legs are not as good as they used to be.  these valves hold back the blood as the heart pumps fresh blood to the legs and feet,  and keeps the blood from running back down between beats.  the result is pooling in the feet {mainly,  my left leg} and causes the feet to swell....it also developed what could be described as a lesion on the side of my heel.  in the legs,  there are three major veins.....the procedure shuts off one of the veins to lessen the amount of blood.  the way the doc explained it is weird........I think that if one vein is shut off,  that would increase the workload on the remaining veins.  the obvious thing here is that the veins return the blood......arteries are the ones that supply the blood.  I would think it more logical to shut one of those off.  but hey.......that's why my insurance pays them the big bucks :D  :D :D 

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

13 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

...as for the procedure.....  bit of a circulation issue......the valves that line the veins that run up my legs are not as good as they used to be. 

I am sorry reading that. I have the same issue, I always wear compression socks and take anticoagulants during long haul flights. Unfortunately, sitting long hours in the office and at the hobby desk is not a good thing 😒. I try to make breaks and take my dog for long walks almost every day. I am not modeling these days, my models languish on the desk, but I prefer to walk in the sun, when I can.

Take care,

Dan

Current build : Mayflower - AL 1:64

Completed non-ship builds : Spitfire MK I - 1:48Arado 196B - 1:32, Sea Fury - 1:48F-15C Eagle - 1:48Hawker Tempest Mk.V - 1:48

"The most effective way to do it, is to do it" - Amelia Earhart

the procedure is to insert a wire in the vein at the knee,  until they get it to the inner thigh.  they numb it while they are doing this....can't say that it is totally painless though.  once the wire is in position {it has a heating element at the business end},  it is heated to cauterize and close the vein.  I was awake during the procedure.......pretty much joked the whole time :)   the guy at the computer that was tracking the wire........the computer made this cool rhythmic sound.........I told him that if I had my bass with me,  I'd give him a run for his money! :D   I have the compression socks too,  but I don't wear them all the time........just doesn't look cool with a pair of shorts ;) 

do you have the discoloration in the calf area?....I have it more on my left leg.  yes.......sitting is not good.........I tend to stand quite a bit when I model now.  don't let it rule you.......let your passion flow! :ph34r:  me 'n Gibbs go out for our walks........took 'em on a good one this morning....this time HE was tired!  ;)   I wish you well as well my friend...........really though......even if you can stand there for just a short time........try to continue modeling.  I'll bet it will make you happy ;) 

151663547_BillTed.jpg.732800a4a7ed0b02e4c1c81aa02b7ed6.jpg  Be Excellent! 

just a short that I haven't forgotten this one........I'm painting the glass.  it's a pain in the ash........the detail doesn't want to be my friend.  I am putting on some of the odds and ends though,  so that's cool {sorry....saw the movie,  and now everything's this 'valley girl' type junk now {it'll wear off soon} {I hope}.   wasn't a bad movie.......they had a character named Denis  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

2 hours ago, popeye the sailor said:

don't let it rule you.......let your passion flow!

Absolutely brother, stay well.... I'll be mentioning you to the big guy tonight...

Onwards!  don't let them stop you...

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

12 hours ago, Danstream said:

I am sorry reading that. I have the same issue, I always wear compression socks and take anticoagulants during long haul flights. Unfortunately, sitting long hours in the office and at the hobby desk is not a good thing 😒. I try to make breaks and take my dog for long walks almost every day. I am not modeling these days, my models languish on the desk, but I prefer to walk in the sun, when I can.

Take care,

Dan

You too brother, gonna make a list for the big guy, (don't know how much pull I got in that department but whatever I've got will be sent) take care of yourself....

Quote:

Don't worry; he's listening. And follow your doctor's orders; he's been practicing a while. You're a rookie in the medicine game in that area. 😁

Ken

I'm doing alright......I have my days........still get the tired legs and the usual aches and pains,  but that nasty sore is gone on my heel.  it doesn't stop me though........:ph34r:

I forgot to congrat you Egilman.........glad to hear that your diagnosis is tipping in your favor ;)   I hope more goes your way!

the JU 87A is more labor intensive than I thought..........I have only finishing touches to do to the JU 87G 1.  the canopy is a pain.......the frame detail is nothing but raised lines,  and I'm making a dog's ear out of it.  I'm just going to even it out and be done with it.  next one I do,  I think I will go by way of the mask!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

• 4 weeks later...

I have some progress to show on this project,  although it's not much.  spent more time tinkering than anything else........an addition to the Leopold project.  added the gunner position and glass for it........and decaling.  I managed to lose one of the fuselage pilot tubes....fell off and is lost....I may have to scratch build something to replace it.

1612745973_1.jpg.f28e5cf1019a0f1ca26b75bbdf4d71ee.jpg

1349999854_2.jpg.2d36f2941600e00096a7a79631715537.jpg

452083583_3.jpg.4dbb30aa64d113abd4db689b4a34e3a3.jpg

I painted the undersides of the ailerons to complete the yellow.  I hope to have more to show soon :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock: