Building a Medieval fortress - by Waitoa - Del Prado 1/87

13 minutes ago, lmagna said:

Vindicator Laser Destroyer would make quick work of your Chally AND the Tyrannid, thus saving the local tavern for use by all!:ph34r::D

Them space Marines have got some serious hardware!!😄

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

10 hours ago, lmagna said:

Vindicator Laser Destroyer would make quick work of your Chally AND the Tyrannid, thus saving the local tavern for use by all!:ph34r::D

I guess the brewski's are on the house when they are done, Correct?   {chuckle}

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

13 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I guess the brewski's are on the house when they are done, Correct?

I don't know, you would have to ask the innkeeper Waitoa!

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

After the Vindicator is through dealing with the bugs I doubt there would much of the village left.🥴

Current builds;

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

15 minutes ago, Waitoa said:

I know that he is currently painting Necrons

Undead cyborgs, someone at Games Workshop has a great imagination.

Is there a danger to the village from them?🙃

Current builds;

Completed:

9 hours ago, Waitoa said:

having to watch YouTube videos at night so I can understand what my son is talking about.

Don't feel alone Waitoa. Many of us have been there at one point or another. In my case two generations! All of mine were eventually consumed by the video game world but I personally enjoyed the painting parties and evenings of game play on the dining table. Our game of choice was Hero Quest and later Advanced Hero Quest that was even better. Both my sons and later my older grandson also got into the armies and such for a short time but I was never all that much into them. I have always preferred the smaller tactical games, whole armies are too impersonal.

Edited by lmagna

Lou

Build logs: Colonial sloop Providence 1/48th scale kit bashed from AL Independence

Currant builds:

Constructo Brigantine Sentinel (Union) (On hold)

Minicraft 1/350 Titanic (For the Admiral)

1/350 Heavy Cruiser USS Houston (Resin)

Currant research/scratchbuild:

Schooner USS Lanikai/Hermes

Non ship build log:

1/35th UH-1H Huey

very nice progress........must be a dragon morph ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

On 2/15/2021 at 10:18 PM, lmagna said:

Don't feel alone Waitoa. Many of us have been there at one point or another. In my case two generations! All of mine were eventually consumed by the video game world but I personally enjoyed the painting parties and evenings of game play on the dining table. Our game of choice was Hero Quest and later Advanced Hero Quest that was even better. Both my sons and later my older grandson also got into the armies and such for a short time but I was never all that much into them. I have always preferred the smaller tactical games, whole armies are too impersonal.

I thought I was doing well on keeping current with the Marvel universe and got some street cred as I went to Uni with one of the Directors but getting totalLy lost with this stuff and now have a budding miniature painter who is using all my gear and speaks in a language which is totally foreign to me,

Hard to see from these emails but think I have solved my glazing issue.  Sure other people knew about this Glue n glaze product but has been a real revelation.  I paint a piece of netting and the wipe a layer of glue across this. initially it is a while colour but as drys it becomes translucent.  One happy bunny.

B9C76C83-F51F-4B25-97D9-998C13BC569A.jpeg

9521C27D-B9EF-4A0E-932B-5FC233BB6681.jpeg

Well, ya found it...

If I knew you were having difficulty making windows I would have recommended it.....

But then there is being reliant on yourself as well,   Good Job!

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

pretty much the same stuff as Testor's window maker,  which I use for a variety of things.  if you don't care about the clarity,  you can also use diluted white glue.  for a more exact diamond pattern for your panes,  tulle,  or fine mesh screen can be used.  good on you to think of this......a super way to make windows.  I did this with white glue and mesh

2044286140_1.jpg.309cb4b234909274755a5e49358b65d1.jpg

1487872932_3.jpg.4fbb9d8e73ca4bac44be696d66671840.jpg

293383055_10.jpg.2788803138c4f24ac358d8dddfc49dc2.jpg

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

• 2 weeks later...

That looks Splendid.     hurry back  your captive audiance  will  here.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

6 hours ago, Waitoa said:

Struggling to find time at present but have managed to finish the next house.  May take a break from the village for a bit as my stash of part completed models needs a bit of a sort out.

I for one can tell ya that your skills are getting better, this looks great.... I'm impressed.....

Looking forward to more as you get the time....

Quote:

I think we're hoping you do just that!😁

Current builds;

Completed:

• 1 month later...

Small Birthday present a Metclafe model gatehouse made from card.  While the stone work is wrong for the rest of The village gave me a number of ideas for the one I need to construct.  Other than that the rest of the village is on hold until I finish the landscaping project I promised the Admiral.

1EA8E3DD-5E55-4C89-BB9D-CB8FB48A4758.jpeg

Its good seeing you back.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 3 weeks later...

Your work is spectacularly good. After a year of on / off building and 8000 pieces I completed the Aedes Ars Towers of Rochelle. The main ( St. Nicholas) tower was a slog with each tier needing about seventy bricks. The size of the bricks let's down the finished model at 1/200 scale and there is some artist licence compared to photos of the real thing but I am quite happy with it although it's not up to your standard. The out of box finish called for the water area to be painted blue but I wanted to try to improve on that if possible. My apologies if this is an inappropriate post

AlanIMG_0657.thumb.jpg.63126c8eb7c83bacde544da3ec0a9031.jpgIMG_0655.thumb.jpg.dafc3ca30edfa257144bee23fb803e99.jpg

thats lovely

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2021 at 3:53 AM, BrianWW said:

Hi to users. I am just sorting out an estate for a friend and there are a number of these books with the "bricks". I'm Just wondering how many books in the full set. I understand how these work and they are not cheap for the whole kit. Thank you. Brian

Hi,

I think there were 100 issues, the one I got was second hand and about 60% complete

• 8 months later...

The tank looks out of place though maybe time warp did it?  :D  From here the cart looks pretty good and about the right size.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

6 hours ago, Waitoa said:

Think I have the scaling wrong as this was a 28mm Wargaming piece and think it needs to be bigger

It looks good to me also, I think your right on the money.... The only thing strange? A three legged ox? {chuckle} And having a tank outside a stone façade with a Monk and Oxcart isn't that much out of place either depending on historical period...

And mathematically, a 1/72 scale figure (25mm) would be an inch high, a 1/48th scale figure (38mm) would be an inch and a half, 28mm puts him right in the 1/64-65th scale range... That's why he looks close and fits the scene... 57mm would be 1/32 scale and a man would be 2.25 inches high...

But heck, maybe it's the perspective, looking at that panzer in the background, he does look a bit small...

Edited by Egilman

Quote: