Battle of Waterloo Attack on La Haye Sainte Farm 1/56 28mm

Throwing a spanner in😉 the works, it could have been a stray Congreve rocket! notoriously inaccurate, so could have been a case of friendly fire.

The rocket regiments patron was the Prince Regent,  so they were foisted on Wellington, who did not like them, but were frightening to face for both cavalry and infantry that they tolerated in the British forces due to demoralising the enemy troops. 

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED

10 minutes ago, Edwardkenway said:

Throwing a spanner in😉 the works, it could have been a stray Congreve rocket! notoriously inaccurate, so could have been a case of friendly fire.

The rocket regiments patron was the Prince Regent,  so they were foisted on Wellington, who did not like them, but were frightening to face for both cavalry and infantry that they tolerated in the British forces due to demoralising the enemy troops. 

Thats an interesting thought  mate.

OC.

Current builds  

28mm  Battle of Waterloo   attack on La Haye Saint   Diorama.

1/700  HMS Hood   Flyhawk   with  PE, Resin  and Wood Decking.

Completed works.

Dragon 1/700 HMS Edinburgh type 42 batch 3 Destroyer plastic.

HMS Warspite Academy 1/350 plastic kit and wem parts.

HMS Trafalgar Airfix 1/350 submarine  plastic.

Black Pearl  1/72  Revell   with  pirate crew.

Revell  1/48  Mosquito  B IV

Eduard  1/48  Spitfire IX

ICM    1/48   Seafire Mk.III   Special Conversion

1/48  Kinetic  Sea Harrier  FRS1

• 1 month later...

Evening all,     my display case arrived this morning  -  "whats it look like  - whats it look like"   - I dont know its still in its wood  transport crate, I am giving it a day or so before unscrewing the case  due covid.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

So,  I  started to open the crate my display case is in  -  there is about 40 screws holding it all together,   it was  delivered  and sat on its  long side not back, so the first thing I had to do was carefuly turn the crate over,  in doing this I heard a rattle sound coming from inside  - the top lid was unsrewed first then the lid was moved, the  glass case is fairly tight fitting with a  run of bubble wrap all the way around it - after closer  observation I could see a piece of glass  broken away and  sitting inside in pieces.

I  phoned the builder who made it   he is going to arrange for it to go back  - its just such a delicate / fragile item  the slightest bump in the  delivery van could have caused it.

Talk about sods law.😢🤬

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

so sorry to hear

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

8 minutes ago, Kevin said:

so sorry to hear

Thanks mate,      it must have happened in transit - the courier who delivered it was as grumpy as anything  complaining  about carrying it,  I hope the builder  can claim off the courier company.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Update  - the maker has arranged for the broken case to be collected on Monday, he is going to re-make it for me  but using strenthened glass (at his expense)  then he will get it shipped out to me again.

Great service and reaction from him.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

thats good news

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat

That's great news, OC.   I've heard and seen more than once a delivery driver not being happy and tossing stuff about in van.   

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

18 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

That's great news, OC.   I've heard and seen more than once a delivery driver not being happy and tossing stuff about in van.   

Its bad because the maker of the case told the  courier firm that it was a heavy fragile glass unit, with  fragile/glass  warning tape all over it.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

28 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Its bad because the maker of the case told the  courier firm that it was a heavy fragile glass unit, with  fragile/glass  warning tape all over it.

OC.

Some drivers and even warehouse types seem to get irritated with those types of packages.   Pretty petty of them if you ask me.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

8 minutes ago, mtaylor said:

Some drivers and even warehouse types seem to get irritated with those types of packages.   Pretty petty of them if you ask me.  

Indeed mate,   he is going to re-make it this time using  reinforced glass  - will be better  on all accounts  - heavier though I would imagine.

OC.

Edited by Old Collingwood

Current builds  

Completed works.

Wow, the case maker is a gem. You are one lucky dude with your display case. Hope the next delivery person isn't having a bad day.

Ken

Started: MS Bounty Longboat,

On Hold:  Heinkel USS Choctaw paper

Down the road: Shipyard HMC Alert 1/96 paper, Mamoli Constitution Cross, MS USN Picket Boat #1

Scratchbuild: Echo Cross Section

Member Nautical Research Guild

13 minutes ago, Canute said:

Wow, the case maker is a gem. You are one lucky dude with your display case. Hope the next delivery person isn't having a bad day.

Yes indeed mate  - he rung me up Twice after I broke the news to him  - he couldn't do enough  to help, he said he felt guilty  and wants to sort this out so I am Fully Happy,   its  this guy  I  spoke about before in the forum   - 

https://acorndisplays.co.uk/

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

A bit of news on my case  -  the courier arrived yesterday morning said he couldn't take it at that moment and came back late afternoon,  I said ot him when he came back that he had not been gentle enough with it and as it needed carrying  flat not on its side - it needed Two people  - he complained saying glass fragile items should not be sent by courier and also it was over the weight they are allowed to take  it was 28Kilos  I believe 40K  is the max they can take.

So its gone back - I contacted the maker and we both  laughed at the excuses,   he is going to  sort it as soon as its back  - get the strengthedn glass pieces made thaen bond it together  before re-packaging it  -  this time he is trying a courier to send to me  that I have used and have never had problems with.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Sorry to hear about that.  “Fragile” labels on packages seem to usually mean “throw” or “stomp” to shipping companies.  We’ve had it happen many times too.

Edited by GrandpaPhil

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

3 hours ago, GrandpaPhil said:

Sorry to hear about that.  “Fragile” labels on packages seem to usually mean “throw” or “stomp” to shipping companies.  We’ve had it happen many times too.

Thanks for looking in Phil  -  tell me about it  - hopefully  second time lucky.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

• 2 weeks later...

tough news on the display case.......I hope you get it sorted out.  reminds me of the time I sent a ship model through the mail.  I built it for my friend Tom in Wisconsin,  back when he owned a Billing Boats distributive warehouse {this was back when I was build'in the Nordkap}.   we had planned it,  that he was making a trip to Mass,  and he would be picking it up.  cool 'cuz we'd get a chance to meet.  the plans fell through,  and he asked me to ship it to him.

I had my doubts,  but OK.........made sure it was secure in the box......even had it double insulated.  it almost made it there unscathed......the box got jammed on a conveyor belt or something,  and got a bit crushed.   there was not too much damage on the model though,  but he had to get it repaired quickly,  since he was going to use it as a display at a model show.  he fixed it and the show went on without a hitch :) 

1241749525_Billingsbooth.JPG.1630a4e94a2eda4f5de4456ad3e13162.JPG

this was in 2011 in Chicago

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Indeed  Denis  - the excuse from the  delivery driver was pathetic  - the admiral  dealt with him the first time,  but when I had finished with him when he came to collect - he was nearly crying  - his own fault  should have been a Two man job from the get go.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

any idea when the replacement will arrive?

All the best

KEEP IT REAL!

On the build table

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

Finished     

18 hours ago, Kevin said:

any idea when the replacement will arrive?

Hiya mate,     I contacted him last week  - he said it had not long arrived back with him, he said he is having to find a glazier who does 4mm  toughened glass  and have it made to size before he bonds it together, I have not contacted him over the holiday as I assume he will not be working.

So who knows  - does seem a long time though.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Had an email yesterday  - my toughened glass has arrived at the  case makers home  - he will  be bonding it and should be with me next week  - might take an artic  lorry to deliver it thought  lol.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all  - I wanted a change so I have decided to give this some more of my time  - firstly I have decided to work on my part metal part plastic  figure/s  of Marshall Ney  and his steed,   like I said this is a mixed  build as the figure of him is in metal  (I purchased him second hand that way all ready painted)  - I am painting over him in more accurate colours,  the horse is from my stock and is a Perry plastic one,  the horse like my others are Two part bodies with separate heads  - these needed a small amount of clean up then glued together,  after I gave the horse a couple of coats of mixed vallejo acrylic primer with mig extra flat acrylic top coat  - to give the  surface a good base  and be a little harder wearing for the other paint layers.

So here is the current stage  - Ney is just sat on his horse just  for show.

Its good to be back.

OC.

IMG_1216.JPG

IMG_1217.JPG

Current builds  

Completed works.

Evening all,  I was searching through ebay (as you do)  and I came across these bad boys  - they are what was missing from my dio  from the very first  -  they have only just come out mid March 21  and they will  do brilliantly for my  mixed  2nd KGL  and 95th Rifles   - so I brought a pack.

OC.

s-l1600.jpg

Current builds  

Completed works.

Oh  - progress  - nearly forgot,   I  have nearly finished painting Ney's  horse  (well one of them as he got through Five during the day)  I have painted the saddle cover and trim and even done some brass braiding around it - and have painted the other bits and pieces and given him Three white socks  - he still needs a bit of toning in and weathering  - then I will concentrate on Marshall  Ney.

No pics as I forgot.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

Look like that young man on the right is carrying a Nock Gun.... I hope he doesn't hurt himself when he fires that thing....

Edited by Egilman

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

15 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Look like that young man on the right is carrying a Nock Gun.... I hope he doesn't hurt himself when he fires that thing....

Indeed brother - if it was used or not at Waterloo  - I have no idea.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

45 minutes ago, Old Collingwood said:

Indeed brother - if it was used or not at Waterloo  - I have no idea.

OC.

They were strictly a Royal Navy weapon for close quarters fighting, repelling boarders and the like..... There is no record of them ever being used in any other military capacity, (the RN removed them from service in 1804) except in Napoleonic war fiction.... Like the Richard Sharpe series of novels by Bernard Cornwell......

Check it out.... (pawn stars season 13)

Current Build: F-86F-30 Sabre by Egilman - Kinetic - 1/32nd scale

In the Garage: East Bound & Down, Building a Smokey & the Bandit Kenworth Rig in 1/25th scale

Completed: M8A1 HST  1930 Packard Boattail Speedster  M1A1 75mm Pack Howitzer  F-4J Phantom II Bell H-13's P-51B/C

Temporary Suspension: USS Gwin DD-433  F-104C Starfighter "Blue Jay Four" 1/32nd Scale

Terminated Build: F-104C Starfighter

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

"Relish Today, Ketchup Tomorrow"

1 minute ago, Egilman said:

They were strictly a Royal Navy weapon for close quarters fighting, repelling boarders and the like..... There is no record of them ever being used in any other military capacity, (the RN removed them from service in 1804) except in Napoleonic war fiction.... Like the Richard Sharpe series of novels by Bernard Cornwell......

Check it out.... (pawn stars season 13)

I remember that scene brother  - that was quite a kick and the damage to that water container, chumly was well impressed.

OC.

Current builds  

Completed works.

5 hours ago, Egilman said:

Probably Sgt Patrick Harper 😉 as the set looks like Captain Richard Sharpe and his Chosen Men (Bernard Cornwell series of books).

Wasn't that gun intended for use by the Royal Marines from the fighting tops? If it the same gun, the navy discarded it, as the fierce kick threw the Marines off their feet, often, and sent them crashing to the deck🤕😒

Current builds;

Henry Ramey Upcher 1:25

Providence whaleboat- 1:25     HMS Winchelsea 1764 1:48 

Completed:

HM Cutter Sherbourne- 1:64- finished    Triton cross section scratch- 1:60 - finished 

Non ship:  SBD-3 Dauntless 1:48 Hasegawa -FINISHED