Jump to content

Battle of Waterloo Attack on La Haye Sainte Farm.


Recommended Posts

Sounds to me that the case maker has some serious considerations to make as far as his shipping department is concerned....

I'm sure he will make it right, sounds like a good chap, so look at it as providing a service to his in finding out and correcting his delivery.... I'm sure he knows how frustrating this has to be for you....

 

I think in the end, you will be more than pleased....

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Egilman said:

Sounds to me that the case maker has some serious considerations to make as far as his shipping department is concerned....

I'm sure he will make it right, sounds like a good chap, so look at it as providing a service to his in finding out and correcting his delivery.... I'm sure he knows how frustrating this has to be for you....

 

I think in the end, you will be more than pleased....

Thank you brother.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just emailed him again regarding the broken case  - I said  I think the problem is with the base inside the crate being slightly wider (all round) than the glass case, when the drivers  have picked up the crate and  turned it over to handle it (single handed)  the glass case will have fell against the inside of the wood crate making it smash, I said I think the only answer is more packaging/styrene corners/more bubble wrap  till the glass case has no room to move and is so insulated inside the crate - it can withstand handling and shocks, also said I think the top needs better indication in Large writing  "This Way Up"

I think it will keep happening otherwise.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Not long got off the phone with the cabinet maker - some positive news,   we are scrapping the idea of a courier delivery company  - instead shawn is driving  the 3.5 hr  journey on sat evening  he is going to pick the broken case up - take it back  repair it then  drive back  to me on the sunday with the repaired case, then he is going to  unpack  the  case and even take the wood crate away with him.

 

Cant complain with that  - its above and beyond service  all at his cost.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Egilman said:

I'd love to be a fly on the wall listening to the cabinet maker discussing his shipping issues with the shipper.... Now that would be high action/drama.....

 

Good man he's making it right....

 

Excellent news brother...

Indeed brother,   and another  tick for him - he is an aviator  also.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Canute said:

Outstanding news, OC. Well above and beyond the norm. Now it will be done correctly. 👍

Thanks Ken,    he couldn't be more helpful over the phone when he rung me  - he said he was not going to let me down felt bad about all the messing around and wanted to make sure it  was sorted by himself  - and Brilliant news that he is taking the  crate pieces away with him as they would have been akward to have disposed off as our dustbin men would not have taken them.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,    so temptation got in the way and as my  new figures has arrived  I decided to pop the box open and choose Five to start with  - first impressions  - there are Eight sprus  replicated  and with enough poses to do what I need, the quality is easily as good as Perry  (plastic seems a little harder - but that's a good thing)  just the  normal seem down each leg and under the arm area - but easily removed with a sharp blade, they are separate torso's  - arms - legs - heads - some without hats  and some other separate items  - overall very cool  should paint up a treat.

 

Here is a spru shot and a close up of a couple of the figures on  the spru.

IMG_1223.JPG

IMG_1224.JPG

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all,   I have had a strange development with my display case situation  - the  maker of the  case came out this evening  after a Three hour drive, he took the broken case away with him and was due back over in the morning with it repaired  at his cost,   after talking to the admiral we decided instead it would be best if we cancelled the  case  order  but let the  maker keep all the money I paid him as compensation for all he had done - so I contacted him and said the same  thing, we just feel to guilty having him  do all this  including the time and travel for him and the general hassle all round, its been a bit of an ordeal if I'm honest.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Old Collingwood said:

Evening all,   I have had a strange development with my display case situation  - the  maker of the  case came out this evening  after a Three hour drive, he took the broken case away with him and was due back over in the morning with it repaired  at his cost,   after talking to the admiral we decided instead it would be best if we cancelled the  case  order  but let the  maker keep all the money I paid him as compensation for all he had done - so I contacted him and said the same  thing, we just feel to guilty having him  do all this  including the time and travel for him and the general hassle all round, its been a bit of an ordeal if I'm honest.

 

OC.

Your a good man brother... but don't be surprised if he brings it anyway...

 

It's the principal of the thing.... I would....

Edited by Egilman
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Egilman said:

Your a good man brother... but don't be surprised if he brings it anyway...

 

It's the principal of the thing.... I would....

Thank you kindly for saying that,   I think the admiral was also slightly worried about it being made from glass  - as the  case would  be moved a fair bit with me working on the base  and the worry of it getting smahed.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Evening all, I have done  a lot of thinking and researching today  to work out my display case strategy,   after talking to the admiral we both decided it would be better (safer)  if I went for a  plastic display case instead of glass, Two things  biased this decision  firstly I will  be taking the case of the base quite a lot while building the dio, and secondly  the weight and fragile risk of the case getting smashed and tiny fragments  going into the carpet and cutting our dogs paws.

 

I did a lot of  looking around and I found a few companies who specialize in Acrylic  cases with a base, I found the cheapest (ish)  one  and dialled in my size requirements  go the size I wanted  (I went a wee bit wider to allow me to build the whole farm complex without cutting the back row of buildings off)  the price surprised me  a bit  but guess I am getting a good bit of kit that will be lighter and less risk  of getting smashed/damaged  - just need to wait for it to arrive in a few weeks.

 

OC.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...