Nenad, That appears to be a good plan.  Sometimes at exact scale, things don't look quite right.   Your eyes will be the best judge.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

18 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Nenad, That appears to be a good plan.  Sometimes at exact scale, things don't look quite right.   Your eyes will be the best judge.

Just right, Mark!

Little break with another hobby

IMG_20180224_221637_374.jpg.b7feaf37f078276faf245886d0ee2c05.jpg

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Nice!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Good news: Cataract surgery - done, I stopped looking throught fog, my sight get cleared. Oh Yeah !!!!

Bad news: I have to wait sometime for everything in my eye to get on it`s place to proceed with Her Majesty :(

See you soon!

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

good to hear Nenad!   rest up and a speedy recovery to you!  :) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

My Dad had that same surgery, Nenad. Within a week, he was spotting telephone numbers on his refrigerator from across the room.

His vision is better than mine, now !!

Good luck with your recovery.

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

10 hours ago, NenadM said:

Good news: Cataract surgery - done, I stopped looking throught fog, my sight get cleared. Oh Yeah !!!!

Bad news: I have to wait sometime for everything in my eye to get on it`s place to proceed with Her Majesty :(

See you soon!

Congratulations Nenad, 

I too had Cataract surgery done today on my left eye,I had the right eye operation done in January. The increase in vision in that eye was spectacular (40% to 100%) within a few days. I hope it is the same for you. 

Dave :dancetl6:

Edited by davyboy

Congratulations Nenad, that's good news my friend.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Nenad,

Happy to see you back in the ship yard! Also I'm glad that all went well with the surgery.

all the best

Marc 

• 2 weeks later...

Waiting for full recovery, dropping antibiotic in my eye, I try not to expose it to dust, so, Her Najesty has to wait to the my next medical control.

In mean time, another hobby is active

Acrylic paints, experimenting with their transparency

IMG_20180318_221017.thumb.jpg.9579d8a518903d7969b01d3aa532be1c.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

8 minutes ago, cog said:

Nice study, what do you use for transparency, Nenad?

Thx..Only wather

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

47 minutes ago, Omega1234 said:

Damn Nenad!!!!

That’s a mighty fine piece of art you’ve made there.

I like it!

Cheers

Patrick

Thx. Just playing

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

It might be playing to you, but it looks like artwork from here.  Nicely done with interesting imagery.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

interesting piece of art Nenad....very well done ;)    

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Thanks for nice words.

Right now I am in the middle of antibiotic therapy - drops for eyes in four hours interval, and it does not look clever to go to workshop to hang out with dust.

But, from time to time I get my regular attack of creativity, and just must do something with my hands, and of course, washing dishes is not quite creative toward my needs :D :D :D

You, my friends,  certainly know what is the best therapy for insane people ?

See you soon with "piece of art" finished, or with two left boats

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

take your time and get better......I wish you well.   try to do a portrait of Rhea  ;) 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

7 minutes ago, popeye the sailor said:

take your time and get better......I wish you well.   try to do a portrait of Rhea  ;) 

Yeah, Denis ... except I am complete incompetent and fully idiot to learn to draw and to paint any living being ... I tried it and it was - hilarious funny - my rabbit look like horse, my bear looks like a cat etc etc and I gave up long time ago. Free forms and some imaginary creatures with eventualy nice folded colors, that is all

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

it takes practice.....and time.......something that is hard to come by for some.   I don't paint.........I need a lot of light.   if I don't have enough light,  I can't see the numbers  :D 

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

6 hours ago, NenadM said:

Yeah, Denis ... except I am complete incompetent and fully idiot to learn to draw and to paint any living being ... I tried it and it was - hilarious funny - my rabbit look like horse, my bear looks like a cat etc etc and I gave up long time ago. Free forms and some imaginary creatures with eventualy nice folded colors, that is all

It is in the eye of the artist how he/she shows the subject on canvas. It doesn't matter if a bear looks like a cat, as long as it's what you meant to paint. Look at bauhaus, cubism, and all the other art movements, but for photographic realism ...

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

11 hours ago, cog said:

It is in the eye of the artist how he/she shows the subject on canvas. It doesn't matter if a bear looks like a cat, as long as it's what you meant to paint. Look at bauhaus, cubism, and all the other art movements, but for photographic realism ...

If you are intrested, you can see what is my inspiration, looking on Google for serbian painters from painter movement MEDIALA (similar as Salvador Dali), particulary world famous painters: Vladimir Velickovic, Dado Djuric, Ljuba Popovic, Olja Ivanjicki, Milic od Macve etc etc

Just for example

dado.thumb.jpg.378f8246dd6d3312711b1bb0eacba04c.jpglv06uq8.jpg.4bc494ffd0c99525ae0d4431ab3180c6.jpgimages.jpg.a84180982bca3b8197bce6afa69354f6.jpghqdefault.jpg.6d9ae78affb79b3b1a3e26be42a25b5e.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Still here, but ...

At first, Hothead occupied my work space in his hard decision to repair my 30 years old hand axe ... 

At second, I tried how sharp is kitchen knife ...

31431631_10208303048253190_543655998255005696_n.jpg.ff7052ac7d48a3f64797a9f39aea5544.jpg

Noting serious, I avoid sewing, little but deep wound on inconvenient place of hand, and just remember that Princess is doctor, and she strongly banned me from any wet and dirty job couple of days ... :(

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Be glad you didn't try the sharpness of the hand axe ... Princess is right, eventhough we do not like to hear what she has to say ...

Take good care of that hand ... we are ever so patient, Nenad

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

A serious craftsman always has something healing up, keeps the body in practice. A good Doctor should recommend a weakly cut or scrape as a preventive medicine routine, kind of like taking a flu shot. Glad to see you are coming along well in several areas, your painting, looks like eyes were on your mind. Suspect when you return to the Cutty there will be a flurry of activity.

5aeb2b7d0d1ea_directfromscanner237.thumb.jpg.0d8c692b3b08d8768e24797ca8f516e9.jpg

The old saying true then... "There will be blood.".   I've cut myself more than once with the kitchen knives.. and hobby knives.. and just about anything sharp.   Follow Princess's advice.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: