never be afraid to show progress......we do it all the time.  it's amazing to see a step so disheveled........then to see it finally cleaned up with the fitted parts.   part of the territory.......the grand scheme of things to come.  I always look at it this way........"it may look like crap now...but just wait till you see it when I'm done!"   you are a man of method Nenad......never be afraid to show it  ;)

what the heck!!!!   you mean to tell me you didn't see any snow this year!  if you were a real estate agent.....I think you would have me sold!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Here was seen some snow, Denis. Only seen. The greatest snow this year was max 10cm high, and stayed only a few days. It was light snowing another couple of days, but not remain longer than a next night.

I am very gratefull for that, because it means - I cleaned my street and garage entrance only once. Also significant saving of energy in so bad bussines year means a lot. I am not sure if this is consequence of climate changes, but last 4-5 years we had very worm winters ( under 0℃ whole day not more than 10-15 days) and very rainy summers (which litteraly means - grass cutting every weekend if you dont want wildness of grass in backyard)

You are both right, Igor and Denis. When first time ornament job stayed in front to me I was wondering ... what to hell ... step by step and it turns well at the end. Same thing with planking, nibbing, not to forget soldering ... just jump to page 1-2 of my log and see deadeyes I was very proud ... until I had seen Syren Co deadeyes and blocks ... couple of days ago I was playin' arround and made deadeye 3mm in diameter with functional holes

With me, the last thing which can dissapear is - self-confidence. Ok, little panic here and there, but after that - hmmm, a new challenge, yes! Spiced with persistance and stubbornity, there is a little chance not to be some results.

So, here is yesterday stage - this evening is dedicated to my leg nails, which means almost 2 hours of different activity ... :)

post-4738-0-98487100-1427229219_thumb.jpg

As you can see, there is a little playing on the scene, with light rescaled panels and little moving them up/down in trying to resolve consequences of MHL and trying to get as final result look and feel as on photos

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

that will all touch up fine.........keep going!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

Bob, don't vory about, I feel ..., I know ... you are always arround. Our hobby is very contagious and when it catch you, you can not go out even you want to. And I think ... no, I am sure that it gets you very hard ( three simyltanous buildings of three very demanding models speak that) and that means you'll come back as soon as possible

Take it easy, step by step, and all will be ok

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

After a couple of days pause it is time to go on

Today goal

post-4738-0-96386000-1427481698.jpg

First, to finish construction under plates.

post-4738-0-14591600-1427483134_thumb.jpg

Little putty to fill some accidental hes I made, thinning of "pillars", fine trimming surface and pilars with 400 sandpaper, and color repair of whole area.

Next is upper panel mounting. I hope it is strong enough

post-4738-0-07414400-1427482034_thumb.jpg

Don't forget eye bolts under, Nenad and some ropes attached to. Ropes are hand made by me

post-4738-0-76477100-1427482191_thumb.jpg

Latter it would be just impossible to put eyes without damage

Next is wooden rounded molding between. Making it was quite a horror ( less than 1mm thick). Cracked several times, hard to curve without break ...

post-4738-0-38403100-1427482375_thumb.jpg

I think it really looks like, and I am pretty happy I mainly succed to mask LHL consequences with minimal deviation from original proportions and posotion of panels. One day when cats and another content comes in this area, this will be less important in comparing with visual dominating full rigged bowsprit with 4 sails under

post-4738-0-20315600-1427482506_thumb.jpg

Final color corecting of area left, but first go to another side to make same

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Little cheating, George, not a real twistin'. I decide to use "my" patent for that short, more helping than real rope lines not so much visible, but not sure when real rigging come

For this I use regular sewing rope, paint it with thin acrylic in desirwd color, twist hard, bend to the half and let untwist double lines together, remove exes of acrylic, fire hairs with lighter, light twist again and tight, another acrylic layer, remove excess of acrylic and wait to dry. Acylric turns to plastic and fixed rope not to untwist. It works for short lines, but I am not sure what forces are captured inside, and with flowing of time what will happen with them and with rope itself.

Imagine you just finished standing rigging, and from unknown reason all this little captured forces release and start to twist masts ... I do not want to watch this movie

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Beautifully done Nenad.  It looks like the real thing!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Great job, Nenad.

She is looking very impressive !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

I think that "Wow!" applies here.  The amount of detail is incredible.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

looks awesome Nenad.............see.........it all in the results,  not the process itself ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thank you dear friends for kind words, but ... where is the famous learning Monolith ?

Ahh ... it is renamed ... now it is calling - MSW

At the beginning of my build, sometimes I felt like 2001 Odyssey monkey who find a bone, do not know what to do whit it, and start batter with bone around with no point and idea why, and with any sense about use it ... suddenly, he discovered ... so do I

post-4738-0-88309200-1427620467.jpg

And a little secret ... Under my working bench there IS hidden learning Monolith, and every evening I go under table to get my learning curve raised

;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Monkey with a little help of Bob's runaway pig finished left side

post-4738-0-34741400-1427654692.jpg

Next is color correcting on bow area, and fixing collateral damage I made on bow (CA drops, scratches, etc etc)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

looks great Nenad!  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Thank you Denis

Associations and thoughts about

"The Ugly Duckling" by Danish poet and author Hans Christian Andersen

"... He comes to a river (MSW). He sees many beautiful big birds (models) swimming there . Their feathers are so white, their necks so long, their wings so pretty. The little duckling looks and looks at them. He wants to be with them. He wants to stay and watch them. He knows they are swans. Oh, how he wants to be beautiful like them..."

It seems that swan starts to appear ... ;)

Poetry soul ...

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

lots of folks I know,  view the beginnings of their builds as a bit on the ugly side.....even me ;)     they are discheveled.....a skeletal frame.......ahhhhhhh!  but what do they say........the beauty is in the design.    I think you swan has energed ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just wait until your swan gains her wings (sails) !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Collateral damage fixed, color corection done

Right side

post-4738-0-22059500-1427999720_thumb.jpg

Left side

post-4738-0-42100900-1427999743_thumb.jpg

And famous under-bow look of Her

post-4738-0-37320100-1427999763_thumb.jpg

Stern lettering left, and I can finaly left paintbrush for a while, and climb to the deck to make some sawdust. I mean under fore deck first (animal area) to make a room for Bob's piggy

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Thank you George, main tools were the thinest brush I have, and a famous thined toothpick for dots and little drops of paint

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

very nice work Nenad.........the bow shot is really neat ! :)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Nicely done Nenad now where was that so called booboo again I never saw any booboos.  The Cutty Sark bottle is getting to you again. :P

David B

The finishing looks beautiful and yes, I really like that bow shot.  A sleek lady she is!

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

"...Well she's all you'd ever want,
Well she always knows her place.
She's got style, she's got grace, She's a winner.

She's a Lady. Whoa whoa whoa, She's a Lady.
Talkin' about that little lady, and the lady is mine.

Well she's never in the way
Something always nice to say, Oh what a blessing.
I can leave her on her own
Knowing she's okay alone, and there's no messing.

She's a lady. Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's a lady.
Talkin' about that little lady, and the lady is mine.

Well she never asks for very much and I don't refuse her.
Always treat her with respect, I never would abuse her.
What she's got is hard to find, and I don't want to lose her
Help me build a mansion from my little pile of clay. Hey, hey, hey.

Well she knows what I'm about,
She can take what I dish out, and that's not easy,
Well she knows me through and through,
She knows just what to do, and how to please me.

She's a lady. Whoa, whoa, whoa. She's a lady.
Talkin' about that little lady and the lady is mine.

Yeah yeah yeah She's a Lady
Listen to me baby, She's a Lady
Whoa whoa whoa, She's a Lady
And the Lady is mine

Yeah yeah yeah She's a Lady
Talkin about this little lady
Whoa whoa whoa whoa
Whoa and the lady is mine
Yeah yeah She's a Lady
And the Lady is mine...."

T Jones song, just like that

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

I'm holding up my lighter over here  :D  :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Just a big kid inside, Dave. And a little artist hidden deep inside. Did I say I wrote poetry in my teen age. More than 200 songs/poems still somewhere on atic

Watch this - today situation. El. Current missing almost whole morning, and when it comes, instead to work in office ...

Hothead is home, and we ( 56y me and 24y him) played Half-life LAN multiplayer almost whole day (until Admiral gets complete mad) ... he blowed me, we must migrate to CoD to get chance to kill him once ...

So, more thinking of Her than working on Her, and silly ideas and associatipns come in a bunch

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: