That door looks like a three-part folding door, Nenad.  I'm guessing the middle part is hidden behind the lady/person in black. 

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks Mark, but I think different.

There are clear photos of opened doors which shows - 2 panels. In my life I have not seen doors with two panels at one side and three on other side, so I concluded there are only two panels. I can not attach photo from some reason using my phone right now, so I ll do it tomorow

Edit: Not with Opera. Yes with Chrome

Here is photo

post-4738-0-12081900-1441831919_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

In that case, you're right.  Just seems weird in the picture. I finally saw the hinge... that brass thingy.   I thought it was part of the other door. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hi Nenad,

I think the 'flower pot' shelf does not say 'stop', rather 'step'?

Looks like it's a bit of a bad copy.

Cheers,

Peter

You are right, Peter. When I zoomed my C-plans, I see it is rather "step" than "stop". So, purpose is to facilitate climbing to aft deck house ?

My C-plans are from net ( "collateral damage" - I picked them with downloadable "Sergal Roma" plans I found somewhere in *.tif format as plan08.tif plan09.tif and rigging.tif), which I converted to  *.pdf, what mean - they were scaned by somebody in raster format. And considering I was forced to enlarge them to my scale, consequence is that many of lines get thicker

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Good, how I like Adobe Ilustrator !!! When you learn, it goes easy and fast

During listening Pink Floyd`s "Meddle", I finished middle deck house

The best thing: I can print any layer separately

Only one left to sawdust !!!

post-4738-0-37069600-1442076089_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-99243400-1442076077_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-96076300-1442076090_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Didn't know you liked Pink Floyd Nenad.  If you like wild, Their album Ummagumma has a song on it called "Several Species of Small Fury Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict" that will either inspire you or drive you nuts.  :rolleyes:  :P  :P

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

Generally George, I like Pink Floyd at all, and have their collection ( almost all works). Also often listen their music 

post-4738-0-01144200-1442086870_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad. You are a highly-refined man with great tastes in music !!

:cheers:

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

Nenad. You are a highly-refined man with great tastes in music !!

:cheers:

Thanks Cap.

Music, considering playing and listening, investigating and collecting, was, and still is a great and important part of my life, and my soul, necessary for my inner peace, focus and forethought, relaxing and enjoyment, often as motivation for thinking about different issues which were associated by music listened at that moment

I was raised with domestic pop music, accidentally listening classic music my father loved, at teen age (Communism time)  I discovered Radio Luxembourg and foreign pop/rock/country music, including hard rock, at my study time discovered Pink Floyd, Tangerine dream, Mike Olfield, Jean Michele Jar, etc etc, and started to listen classical music more seriously. In time of LP, I had great collection of near 500 LP with solid HF equipment (Marantz, later Sony). Later in life, my interests grows in different music directions, and when digital time comes, I continued with collecting music, this time mostly Mp3, some Flac for most important pieces , and have more than 60 GB of different music on PC disks. Now there is no HF hardware :( but with Winamp+ software EQ and 2.1 Altec Lansing, I can get solid sound

As I wrote earlier, every time I do my modeling, I listen music, which changed by style, depending with inspiration or interest at that moment

Right now I am listening mix of Enya and Vangelis, Yesterday when I was making my drawings, there was mix of Pink Floyd + Led Zeppelin + Deep Purple+Black Sabbath. Day before, mix of requiems by Verdi+Mozart. One more day before, Balashevic - Serbian cant author and Odjila - Serbian folk group specialized for Russian Gypsy traditional, One day before - Red Army Choir + El Divo .....

Who know what I shall listen during drawing front cabin ?

Any suggestions ? 

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad, simply outstanding taste in music....and as you say food for the sole and motivation for creativity to be sure  :)

Let's not forget "Uriah Heep" as long as we're on the subject  :cheers:  

Boyd 

Current Build - HMS Bounty - Artesania Latina - Scale1:48

Good question Patrick. Tehnodidakta was name of Croatian company which was making ship model kits 40 years ago ( as Revel, BB etc etc now). Tehnodidakta as company still exists, but more than 30 years don't make or sell kits. As I am informed, drawings still exist, but them are bad, poor eith many mistakes and wrong reductions of details and many miss scaled parts.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Five days fulfilled with business and family stuff, with Old Lady in hospital waiting for ERCP analyze tomorrow, and just when evening come, Princess ( what a surprise) spend all evenings this week  at home (?!?) and want to talk about everything. I like to talk with Her, so ... At the same time, as they make a deal, Hothead started with his usual unlimited sms/mms/Messinger/Viber correspondence ( third week he returned to Novi Sad for his exams - 4 passed with good ratting) , so until today I just have no time for myself. Evening with sleeping time comes with incredible speed. I do not complain, I like it, but CS miss to me)

Just to mention, the first tour 2 tons of coal for winter arrived in front yard, right in front of garage, and ques who will take it to the basement ?

And today, the day comes. Returning from visiting Old Lady, little nap ( outside is 36 Celsius, much more than average temperature for this part of year), and come back to Adobe Illustrator to finish one last drawing of fore cabin on main deck

Job done, and here is result

post-4738-0-07138200-1442516561_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-05116400-1442516563_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-48432600-1442516564_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-74566800-1442516558_thumb.jpg

Curvature of deck must be adjusted during making process, considering my quirky lines of deck

Tomorrow I have to re-check drawings of aft deck house, to compare my drawings with photos I have, just to check if I miss something, then to print work papers and finally, after long time to move to the shipyard to make some dust

And then challenge starts with micro works

Here are real dimensions of whole front deck house, and try to imagine this little relief works

post-4738-0-74740000-1442516969.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

First, more or less, nervous attempt ... just to detetmine what to (not to) do.

post-4738-0-26893300-1442698247_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Better

post-4738-0-06794500-1442744760_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

I did some additional tests yesterday, and think I found a way I am looking for. Ar this moment it is unlikely when I shall continue, because situation with Old Lady gets more complicated from day to day

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad

No need to rush. Please look after your mother in law, as she needs your more at this time. Your CS can wait patiently. But, please, don't forget to take care of yourself, as well.

All the best

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Nenad,,

What Patrick said.  There's more important things then building models. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Take care of your mother in law Nenad, she needs you now more then ever before.  Also, don't neglect yourself.  Give us an update once in a while.  We'll wait patiently for your return to the CS and hopefully with good news about mom.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

What the other guys said Nenad.  Family always comes first.  Remember, Her Majesty will wait, and take care of yourself also. 

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

I am so glad to see and read of your progress........but now saddened to hear your mother in law is taking a turn.   my wishes are with you my friend.......do what you need to do........her majesty and your friends will all be here when you get back.  take care of yourself as well  ;)

"take care of those you call your own..........and keep good company"

Queen: "night at the opera"

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

"Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality...

If my Mom in law could understand english, I should play and sing Bridge over troubled water for Her. Text that really matches this situation. But, she don't

I find some little time for workshop after laying her in bed, but there are no photos. Decided to make house sides from two thinned veneer layers one over another, first of them as a base, another as relief elements. Both glued on thicker veneer (2mm) as inside wall to harden whole structure. Depth of relief must be a bit overscaled, but not much. Just - to be there and not to be there at the same time, to be seen and not to be seen at the same time, if anybody can understand what I mean ;). Talking about 0,1-0,3 mm thickness of second layer

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Sometimes, the words aren't important.  It's the music and who is sharing it with us.  I guess "Bridge Over Troubled Waters" doesn't translate well..  Beautiful song. 

The house sounds interesting with the relief work you're doing.  Pictures when you can, no rush. 

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Thanks all of you for being here. Old Lady is a bit better, she now can care about her basic hygiene needs, but still weak to live alone ( cooking, supply, cleaning house and similar). Situation is better generaly, but we are monitoring her 24/7, to realise in which direction all goes

So, Hothead passes four exames this month, and enter to free schollarship system as a good student, crossing to next scholl year. He is home until octobar 5th when his lectures start

More time for me and my needs. After cooking and cutting grass, works in shipyard continues with first layer of veneer strips, cutted to panel dimensions, glued, sanded with 280, filling gasps with acrylic as putty, and fine sanfed with 400 sandpaper

Next layer needs to prepare veneer on the same way as I did earlier for second planking layer of hull to make it more elastic and to get possibility to thin it less than 0,5 mm, also to be able to cut correct strips thinner than 1mm. It works well, but slow

Here is first stage

post-4738-0-03042900-1443295829_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-88699100-1443295841_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-90519200-1443295857_thumb.jpg

Watching and analyzing photos from different periods, I concluded that the most changeable part of the CS are house pannels, position of doors and windows, also roof, and their color which has many variations through time. I decided to follow C-plans for general arrangement of panels, teak color for sides of houses, white strip arround top of houses at main deck, and same planking on roofs as on deck is. Lifeboats are white, and contrast will be more interesting if roof will be planked as deck (if I catch same color)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build: