I really like what you are doing with the panelling, Nenad. It's not the same thing, but have a look at what Siggi52 has done with his HMS Dragon build here and also here. He just might have some ideas which could help you.

Edited by CaptainSteve

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

... look at what Siggi52 has done ...

What a masterpiece !!! How I missed his log?

You are right, different structure. You can zoom pictures and notice this: narrow vertical panels are only 2mm wide each, so vertical strips on each side of each narrow panel are only 0,5-0,6mm wide, as the relief space between. I tried to "digg" this little "trench" between, but I was not happy with result ( too soft edges without desired shadow, less visual contrast, and I am not able to digg straight line, even with dremell leading by ruller) and whole look seems as blured picture. Considering that there will be more sanding, I think it will be OK at the end.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Shadows are ok, exactly what I am looking for

post-4738-0-20610600-1443375399_thumb.jpg

Relief structure also

post-4738-0-13110900-1443375480_thumb.jpg

But

In Adobe Ilustrator, I just forget to draw one narrow vertical panel with trench

post-4738-0-59046700-1443375576_thumb.jpg

And noticed that when I was applying second layer of acrylic

So ... here we go again
post-4738-0-98214200-1443375761.gifpost-4738-0-71869100-1443375788.gif

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

If it's the right over-all length Nenad, I wouldn't change it because of that one narrow little panel. I think it looks fine the way it is and no one besides us, would know.  :)

Edited by GLakie

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild

WoW !! I agree. That panel looks fantastic !!

CaptainSteve
Current Build:  HM Granado Bomb Vessel (Caldercraft)

My BathTub:    Queen Anne Barge (Syren Ship Models)       Log:  Queen Anne Barge (an build log)

Bounty Launch (Model Shipways)                 Log:  Bounty Launch by CaptainSteve
                        Apostol Felipe (OcCre)
                        HMS Victory (Constructo)
Check It Out:   The Kit-Basher's Guide to The Galaxy

I feel the pain and anguish, Nenad.  That would be a tough call to make.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Well, we will see. For now, I'll make another side, and front and back, maybe roof (not forget mirror efect, Nenad) and see what I'll get. It is very possible to run on a redo highway, because house doors do not look like as doors

Obviously, I like to play.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Here we go ... again ... from start

Drawings corrected toward photos and plans

with reminders for me in words

post-4738-0-36993600-1443463445_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Yesterday I re-made base for house walls and started tonight with remaking plating

Aftet a hour working with 0,5mm strips, I concluded that tonight my fingers are wooden, and my attention fly away, riped of all I glued, and start playing making door for house 5x11mm

post-4738-0-60728100-1443640137_thumb.jpg

For difference from last attempt, to me it seems that it looks more as door than earlier

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

As you well know, I'll "rip out and re-do" when I just cannot live with my mistakes. Having said that, Nenad, there are plenty of times I choose to accept relatively insignificant issues that literally no one on earth will ever notice. I think the English word is " pragmatist"....

There's your new word for the day my friend. Use it three times and it's yours.....hahaha

Your drawings are very professional.

Edited by SawdustDave

Sawdust Dave -

Current build - USS Constitution 1:60th (scratch)....

Visit my blog site - All previous builds.... http://davesmodelships.blogspot.com

I do like that new door...  it is incredible what you are doing at that scale.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks everybody for likes and good words. Thanks particulary for not let me slide to the devil's road of everlasting redo

Another side done. Yes, you read well. Finishing second attempt of first side, I put both pieces together, and get famous "Hmm" on my face

Almost same. And considering that for me it is just impossible to hit every 0,5 mm on it's place, and fact that if I correct one mistake, another appears, ask myself: To correct ? Endles road. And can anybody see that ornaments are not mirrored on both sides? And missing of 2mm element? I do not think so, if I do not point watcher exactly to this. And at the end of "Hmm" point, I made light test to see how relief on both acts - yes, this is efect I was looking for. Helped with presence of my bunch of mistakes, I decided I can live with this, just on the same way I can live with twisted deck, different number of stanchions on each side ...

So, I have got another side done

Just left to glass windows Mark ( you challenged me if you remember?)

Kidding, of course. No point to glass window 1mm dia

post-4738-0-06649000-1443730094_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-16030600-1443730059_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-02622200-1443730029_thumb.jpg

Ok, it is 22,30 in local time, going up to finish/end fight with Hothead we started at Lunch.

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Very beautiful work on the paneling Nenad, well done my friend.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Nenad,

Really like the way you have planned and then worked through making these panels.

Great work and the result is wonderful.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Current Build Logs: H.M.S. Triton Cross SectionUSF Confederacy Model Shipways

Completed Log: Red Dragon Artesania Latina

Gallery: Red Dragon: Artesania Latina

Member:  Nautical Research Guild

nice progress, i think that quality of your photos is much better then use to be. it´s good

Pavel

Thanks Pavel. Macro shots are ambivalent issue - as they can help us to identify points which need some re-do, at the same time exopose and enlarge all mistakes and imprecision  

As you well know, I'll "rip out and re-do" when I just cannot live with my mistakes. Having said that, Nenad, there are plenty of times I choose to accept relatively insignificant issues that literally no one on earth will ever notice. I think the English word is " pragmatist"....

There's your new word for the day my friend. Use it three times and it's yours.....hahaha

Your drawings are very professional.

Thanks Dave. Pragmatism is my life motto ... except when I am playing and testing my possibilities 

I do like that new door...  it is incredible what you are doing at that scale.

Thanks Mark. When I see what some folks do in their buildings on micro plane, I have to hide in my dog house. But it is interesting to try something like that

BTW - I posted receipt for Đuveč - you know where

Her Majesty is going to look great with those cabins setting on her deck Nenad. Nice work!  :)

Thank you George. That was leading idea as I wrote earlier - to give maximal effort in details just to turn watchers attention from splodges

Good work on the panelling, Nenad.

...also, I hope the fight with Hothead ended well for both of you!

Thanks dear friend. Nothing really serious with Hothead - when he is living alone in Novi Sad, he do all household works by himself. When he is home, he acts (sometimes) as he is on vacation from household works, and I just exploded when i was returning from town and find: laundry everywhere, dirty dishes from yesterday not in washing machine, home trash spills on floor, beds in chaos, crumbs and traces of food on all kitchen workbench, poop-corns and empty 2 l Coca-cola laying on the floor,  and he is still sleeping at 03 PM ... regular family everyday spice which happens from time to time in every home. I howled, He howled, i screamed, He screamed, and you know the rest - silence all afternoon without talking , and that situation had to be resolved. It is OK know (except trash in can - again ...) until next occasion. Although He is 24, we still have to fine sand and polish their characters 

Very beautiful work on the paneling Nenad, well done my friend.

Cheers,

Thank you Piet. When I look at your works, I have to hide in dog house again

Hi Nenad,

Really like the way you have planned and then worked through making these panels.

Great work and the result is wonderful.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Thanks Nigel for nice words. At the beginning I was skeptical, but I have got what I am looking for. I know it can be better, but something must stay for another build

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Thanks, Nenad and I totally understand about Hothead's behaviour. Seems to be the same the world over. The good thing is that he'll come around sooner rather than later and before you know it, he'll be all different!

All the best!

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Thanks Peter and Patrick and other who accidentaly klick like button

Front/rear panel done. Do not forget ladders Nenad

Tomorrow last one, and to get it all together (corners will be fun)

post-4738-0-44155200-1443812933_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Beautiful work!  No need to hide in dog house Nenad, go on top of dog house and yell "I did it!"  

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Forget standing on top of the dog house.  Stand on top of your house and yell!!!   That panel looks fantastic.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Thank you thank you thank you

After yelling from dog house and from roof, I feel so proud ...

post-4738-0-51097200-1443950294.jpg

Until I wade to next mine filed and get my regular ice shower again

post-4738-0-63323100-1443950448.jpg

Not a long way

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad,

I like your way of cladding / paneling the deckhousings, Looks very good...

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Thanks Nils for kind words.

All sides done, and long process of mounting and fitting house starts

Nothing more for tonight, Old Lady do not feel well

post-4738-0-92163800-1443982927_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

The house looks great, Nenad.  I hope "Old Lady" feels better.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: