that's a very niffty idea for a stand..........holds up the ship and a secret compartment too  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

More forward ...

post-4738-0-50438000-1452191292_thumb.jpg

to the elegance ...

post-4738-0-46046400-1452191332_thumb.jpg

I have to admit, looking Her on stand, it seems that She looks very proud. Somehow, creating stand, I accidentaly hit right design which hide hull minimaly and rise her up just to the right level

Hothead is also creative making model of theatre for his exam

post-4738-0-04536600-1452194004_thumb.jpg

Of course, his grand working table in his room is full, another office desk in my office is also full, both with his stuff, and he occupied kitchen table ...

Sounds familiar?

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Oh my, your CS looks mighty proud indeed on that very handsome stand Nenad.  Like the pic of your son - -  caught in the act of young people's favorite pastime - - eating.

Cheers,

Piet, The Flying Dutchman.

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

Current Builds: Hr. Ms. Java 1925-1942

VOC Ship Surabaya

Planned Builds: Young America Diorama - scale 1:3000

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Completed Builds:   Hr. Ms. O16 Submarine

Hr. Ms. O19 - Submarine Royal Navy Netherlands

Ship Yard Diorama with Topsail schooner -

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Muscongus Bay Lobster Smack    

Golden Hind - Cutte Sark (both not in this forum)

Hi Nenad

I reckon that you've got the proportions of the stand "just right" in order to show her off to the maximum. Not too high and not too long. Also, like others have said, the idea of including a box is really nifty, as well.

Nicely done!

Cheers

Patrick

Edited by Omega1234

Sweet work on her majesty's throne, Nenad.   And a grand picture of Hothead.  ;)

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Thanks everybody who likes my "Game of throne".

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

I'm not sitting on no throne of swords!    kings don't last long  :D  :D  :D   excellent stand Nenad!   looks great!

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400

There are different kind of thrones Denis.

Long line from

post-4738-0-17387900-1452370634_thumb.jpg

To the

post-4738-0-03479600-1452370661_thumb.jpg

:D

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Well come Jens, I hope you will enjoy in this "war and peace" log. Considering you already have built a couple of CS, I am not sure you can find here anything you already do not have passed

See you around  

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

“...Sobbing, Sam took another step..."

post-4738-0-13185000-1452460544_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

post-4738-0-48357800-1452627201_thumb.jpg

Very very very thin last layer of putty mixed with acrylic. Next is exclusive use of 400 sandpaper only and acrylic for final painting

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

post-4738-0-46349300-1452716963_thumb.jpg

Artistic playing to get old wooden stand

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

I wouldn't sob at that stand.  It looks great!  :)

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

A beautiful piece of work Nenad.

Cheers,

"Your greatest asset is not the quantity of your friends , rather the quality of your friends."  (old Chinese proverb)

VOC Ship Surabaya

Future Builds: KPM ship "MS Musi."  Zuiderzee Botter - scale 1:25. VOC Jacht in a 6" lamp,  Buginese fishing Prauw.  Hr. Ms. Java - Royal Navy Netherlands Cruiser.

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

I wouldn't sob at that stand.  It looks great!  :)

Mark, quote is fascinating sentence which lazy George R.R. Martin masterfully used to dramatize and made tense, repeating it several times between short narrations, to describe in a new narrative way dramatic battle for the Fist of the First Men. I like it and was inspired with, trying to dramatize many boring  (un)necessary steps in stand making ;). I really hope that Martin will continue to inspire us soon, we are waiting more than a long time for Winds of Winter

Thanks Piet, I am also near to be satisfied with

Thanks Jens, your comments and suggestions are more than a wellcome

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad.......the stand looks awesome!   I love the two color variation.   with a few strips of felt,  ans she'll be complete  ;)

BTW.........whoever made that second throne was ill!  :D  :D  :D

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:

Hi Nenad

Really great work on the stand!

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Patrick. Nothing more than prolong and extend time to fix Her on stand  :D  :D  :D  :P  ;)

Nenad.......the stand looks awesome!   I love the two color variation.   with a few strips of felt,  ans she'll be complete   ;)

BTW.........whoever made that second throne was ill!   :D   :D   :D

Hi Denis.

Somewhere in my life I was "forced" to improvise some box for some stuff, and I had only ugly old scratched and damaged plywood as material ... I made something in high speed ... and started to look at ... and why not, let`s try something with it ... fill gasps with alabaster plaster, sanded surfaces, cover all  thing with thin layer of something, sanded again, and start playing with two colors as I was playing on my paints ... Admiral was delighted with result . Couple of times later I realized that with thin layers used, particular with acrylic,  you can imitate almost any color of almost any wood type, and even if you are mad enough :D  :D  :D , you can sign a texture of wood. something similar I did playing with planks color on decks on CS.  :huh:

And, as I replied to Patrick`s post, I need some extra time :angry:  :angry: to finish test piece of hull and to rethink :rolleyes: about method of connection ( I am not sure that iron screws will be good solution, and I am a bit closer to some kind of wooden dowels /bamboo from BBQ sticks 3-4mm dia/ when I find a way to fulfill empty space under gull planks), so ... let`s play a while. I am aware of fact that in a glass cage  with all sails spread, almost nobody will look at small stand deep under Her spread wings, but ... we are all big little kids who still like playing, are we ?

:10_1_10:  

Throne with teeth ???  Yeah, folks on Net, as in life, can be very witty and wired sometimes. And life can make situations ... when i was young, about 03-04 am I was entering home after loooong night, I was home alone. For story, it is important to mention, as young ( even today with some reduction) I was anti alcoholic, and do not use any kind of drugs in any form (except cigarettes :D  :D  :D ). So my mind was tired but clear. I went to kitchen to eat, all was quiet and peaceful ...  From some reason light bulbs start flashing a few seconds, I did not care ... Few minutes later, I wash dishes and ... wanting to put trash in box under the sink, I opened sink door , but .... somebody`s hand I sow, from inside of sink, closed the door !!! ... I opened it again, that hand again closed door immediately ..... I scared to death at second ..... ( I lose my hair later ...)   ... It was just my mother`s pink color rubber glove attached to top of finger inside door which hanged up to something inside .... But that feeling .... Even today I tell friends about, they fall under table laughing ... 

I think that is the way how funny stuff appear in our life. What happened to person who designed throne with teeth, I can just imagine ... 

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

“...Sobbing, Sam ...

Not more sobbing, Sam arrived where he goes

Stand is finaly done with final color correction, and very light layer of mat acrylic laquer mixed with a bit of orange in one layer, and with a bit of red and black in second layer

I have got almost a look of quality wood which is very old, little shiney but not much. That is approximately looking which I was targeting. It can not been seen in real color with my camera, but this is near

post-4738-0-07629700-1452887810_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-28843100-1452887841_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Hi Nenad

The colour of the stand is really nice and, you're right, it does have that 'old but shiny' look that you were aiming for. Nicely done.

Your story about your mother's gloves is a good one, too. It just goes to show how easily we can be fooled at the best of times!!

Keep up the great work, Nenad.

All the best

Patrick

A beautiful throne fit her presence, sir.   Well done.  

And a great story about the hand... or glove as it turned out.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:

Beautiful stand Nenad, looks like a real piece of antique wood, maybe from original CS? 

Cheers,

VOC Ship Surabaya

Friendship Sloop Gwenfra

Thank you George, Partick, Mark and Piet.

Again slowed down from already known reasons ...

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nenad,

Really nice work on the stand!  I miss it when I am not able to stay up with what you are doing.  However, I love catching up.

Hope all is well with you and the kids,

Marc

Thank you George, Partick, Mark and Piet.

Again slowed down from already known reasons ...

Sometimes "life" gets in the way of other things we would rather do Nenad, but we have to deal with what is more important at the time. ;)  :)

GEORGE

MgrHa7Z.gif

Don't be bound by the limits of what you already know, be unlimited by what you are willing to learn.

Member of the Nautical Research Guild