There is something in life beside hobby

A new pet reserved

post-4738-0-75500100-1458593082_thumb.jpg

Those days it is in making proces ;) if ok, 60 days to delivery and 2 months to grow enough to be separated from mother, means ... have to wait until July

My CS learned me patience

:(

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

CUTTY SARK - Tehnodidakta => scratch => Campbell plans

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi Nenad

If I'm right, that would be an Ole English Sheepdog and, what a wonderful breed it is. Nenad, you're going to have a wonderful and faithful companion when he/she arrives. Hopefully, when that time comes, you'll be able to post some puppy pics!

Congrats and well done.

Cheers

Patrick

Hi Nenad

Yes it is an Old English Sheepdog.

My wife and I had three of them, they are fantastic dogs.

Lots of exercise and grooming ahead of you my friend.

Denis

A new shop buddy!!!!!    Good for you.   Like Patrick and Denis said, they are great dogs.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Decision was hard ... We like and want big dog, and haired dog, frendly to everyone. Siberian Husky was option, Serbian Sharplaninac, Samoied, but ... my office is settled in my house last two years and will be there until my retirement, and just imagine clients waiting in front of yard untill I run throught yard and arround house trying to catch and tie wild beast with weight of 50kg ... I don't need sharp quard dog

On the other side, I hate to keep dog in cage or permanently tied. What's the point having dog in that way? My yard of 700m2 will be his realm. Flowers will survive, I hope. If not ... what to do, Bobtail is ... Bobtail :)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-1#entry64653

Content of log :

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/2501-cutty-sark-by-nenad-tehnodidakta-scratched-campbells-plans/page-62#entry217381

Past build:

Stella, Heller kit, plastic, Santa Maria, Tehnodidakta kit, wood, Jolly Roger Heller kit, plastic

Hi Nenad

I am so pleased you are not going to put your new friend in a cage, they love people around them.

We never had the three Old English Sheepdogs out side the house they were always inside apart from walking them and showing them at shows.

I think by looking at your photo that your dog will have a tail.

That is a shame as in this PC world we live in they are not allowed to doc the tail off.

That is how they got the nickname Bobtail.

Why they cut the tail off was because a dog uses the tail as a rudder (just like a ship) .

They used OES dogs to herd sheep and cattle from Wales and Cornwall to London, a dog with a tail split the sheep and cattle up so you had sheep and cattle going every were, so they cut the tail off the OES dogs so they could not turn so quickly this kept the sheep and cattle in one herd and not scattered all over the land.

I hope I have explained how they got the name Bobtail.

If you look after him or she they will reward you an 100 times more.

Denis.

your making some great progress Nenad.........glad to see your world is returning to some sort of normalcy :)   cute new friend too........  ;)

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

Hi Nenad

If I'm right, that would be an Ole English Sheepdog and, what a wonderful breed it is. Nenad, you're going to have a wonderful and faithful companion when he/she arrives. Hopefully, when that time comes, you'll be able to post some puppy pics!

Congrats and well done.

Cheers

Patrick

You are right Patrick ! Pics will follow !

Hi Nenad

Yes it is an Old English Sheepdog.

My wife and I had three of them, they are fantastic dogs.

Lots of exercise and grooming ahead of you my friend.

Denis

I can`t wait it, Denis !

A new shop buddy!!!!!    Good for you.   Like Patrick and Denis said, they are great dogs.  

As I read, you are right, Mark. 

Hi Nenad

I am so pleased you are not going to put your new friend in a cage, they love people around them.

We never had the three Old English Sheepdogs out side the house they were always inside apart from walking them and showing them at shows.

I think by looking at your photo that your dog will have a tail.

That is a shame as in this PC world we live in they are not allowed to doc the tail off.

That is how they got the nickname Bobtail.

Why they cut the tail off was because a dog uses the tail as a rudder (just like a ship) .

They used OES dogs to herd sheep and cattle from Wales and Cornwall to London, a dog with a tail split the sheep and cattle up so you had sheep and cattle going every were, so they cut the tail off the OES dogs so they could not turn so quickly this kept the sheep and cattle in one herd and not scattered all over the land.

I hope I have explained how they got the name Bobtail.

If you look after him or she they will reward you an 100 times more.

Denis.

I am not intend to grown dog for exhibitions and shows ... as a Princess Persian cat which has genealogy papers better than all members of MSW together ... Adrian the Cat is, as a Bobtail will be, our friend and, on some way, a member of family. Admiral is gone, Hothead (25) is in another city plans to find his fortune somewhere in Europe or in the world right away when finish study and master of architecture, Princess (27) finished her study of medicine and has steady job, and this days she said that she is thinking about her independence, which is quite all right and I support her in that direction (she works, has empty flat), and I do not want to be alone until life eventually comes with some solution 

your making some great progress Nenad.........glad to see your world is returning to some sort of normalcy :)   cute new friend too........   ;)

Thank you Denis for nice word. Eh ... if I had this passion and patience at the beginning ... life must go on, and a "Show must go on" . we live today, we can not live in the past, and we will live tomorrow. So, use a time you have today and tomorrow to fulfill your life with nice things

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Nice looking Dog Nenad..... but how does it see where its going with all that hair over its eyes?

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Nice looking Dog Nenad..... but how does it see where its going with all that hair over its eyes?

Michael

I suppose, Michael, on the same way we did, 40-50 years ago, when we had hair during Hippy movement   ;)  :P  :D  :D  :D

Can you imagine me trying to be wild, playing electric guitar imitating Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmoor etc etc with hair under shoulder and hair bangs until my nose ? That phase lasts only 2 years (16-18) until I come to my mind. And believe me, you can see everything you want to see  ;)

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Can you imagine me trying to be wild, playing electric guitar imitating Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmoor etc etc with hair under shoulder and hair bangs until my nose ?

At present ... no, not really ...however, if your bobtail starts bumping into furniture and other things you could give him a red and white banded stick ...

Cheers

Carl

"Desperate affairs require desperate measures." Lord Nelson
Search and you might find a log ...

I suppose, Michael, on the same way we did, 40-50 years ago, when we had hair during Hippy movement   ;)  :P  :D  :D  :D

Can you imagine me trying to be wild, playing electric guitar imitating Jimmy Page, Ritchie Blackmoor etc etc with hair under shoulder and hair bangs until my nose ? That phase lasts only 2 years (16-18) until I come to my mind. And believe me, you can see everything you want to see  ;)

When it comes to music, I`m still in that mood. That

is classic stuff, I`ve been playing guitar in a rockband for some years. Still love it!

Regards, keep on rockin`

Gerhard

Edited by Gerhardvienna

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

Eh ... if I had this passion and patience at the beginning ... life must go on, and a "Show must go on" . we live today, we can not live in the past, and we will live tomorrow. So, use a time you have today and tomorrow to fulfill your life with nice things

A great life philosophy, Nenad.   Let the spice flow and savor the moment.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Hello Nenad,

What a fight against the Green beast!

We also had three of this monsters in our garden. Of course in the northern Part of Germany it groths up very slowly. But after some years it started to Lift up the garden way. And I must say that it was a hard fight to kill her and to get out the roots.

on the : Staatenjacht Utrech

At last finished:

Gianna a Pinco Genovese

HMS Agamemnon

now your talking....that's my music taste.....but I tended to follow Sabbath more   :)   I play bass........wish I has started that earlier in life too   :D   :D

Edited by popeye the sailor

I yam wot I yam!

finished builds:
Billings Nordkap 476 / Billings Cux 87 / Billings Mary Ann / Billings AmericA - reissue
Billings Regina - bashed into the Susan A / Andrea Gail 1:20 - semi scratch w/ Billing instructions
M&M Fun Ship - semi scratch build / Gundalow - scratch build / Jeanne D'Arc - Heller
Phylly C & Denny-Zen - the Lobsie twins - bashed & semi scratch dual build

Billing T78 Norden

in dry dock:
Billing's Gothenborg 1:100 / Billing's Boulogne Etaples 1:20
Billing's Half Moon 1:40 - some scratch required
Revell U.S.S. United States 1:96 - plastic/ wood modified / Academy Titanic 1:400
Trawler Syborn - semi scratch / Holiday Harbor dual build - semi scratch

I`d prefer more to chat about some progress and to post finished wheel box, but ... ah that life ...

At present ... no, not really ...however, if your bobtail starts bumping into furniture and other things you could give him a red and white banded stick ...

Cheers

Sweet clumsy bear !!!! Also neckerchief, "Pearls in the hair" (Omega) ... bobtail has a hair, yes?

When it comes to music, I`m still in that mood. That

is classic stuff, I`ve been playing guitar in a rockband for some years. Still love it!

Regards, keep on rockin`

Gerhard

Also me Gerhard. But just to mention my taste - Deep Purple was not the same after Ian Gillan left. I still sometimes let the music of Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Led zeppelin do the boards (?) ... volume to max ... until kids scream to shut it 

A great life philosophy, Nenad.   Let the spice flow and savor the moment.

My worm ... where is my sand worm ?

Hello Nenad,

What a fight against the Green beast!

We also had three of this monsters in our garden. Of course in the northern Part of Germany it groths up very slowly. But after some years it started to Lift up the garden way. And I must say that it was a hard fight to kill her and to get out the roots.

Helo and wellcome Angarfather. Two days after my back hurts, every muscle in pain, and job is not done jet. Office works and rain  #$%$ 

now your talking....that's my music taste.....but I tended to follow Sabbath more   :)   I play bass........wish I has started that earlier in life too   :D   :D

I have seen some photos of you playing on your old FB pages, Denis. I envy you for that. My last time ... seven years ago, when Hothead have got his drum set for 18th birthday, I was playing with drums also, and we decide to make session in attic of my house: My nephew come with electric guitar and a bass guitar with strong amplifier, he played bass, my twin brother solo, and I played drums ... Paranoid, Smoke on the water ... I think everybody in circle of 500m around house hear that  ... later I heard rummors as " ... that crazy attorney  ... he is fifty, what he is doing ? ...  ". I did not care, still do not care what people talk ... who know me well do not have any complains, who do not - this is his problem, not mine.

Life goes on it`s way, and when I try my guitar couple of months ago (after many many years) it just do not listen to me. Forgot to play, forgot to sing ... i remember with sadness that long ago my repertoire was :

etc etc 

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

My worm ... where is my sand worm

And Paul's mother said... "fear is the mind destroyer"  I heard Ray Bradbury speak during a dinner under the wing of the spruce goose in 1986 at the ASTC conference.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Jusy testing proportions and trying to simulate steering mechanism under

Maybe to thin wheel a bit?

post-4738-0-19753300-1459026608_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-23354500-1459026633_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-90313700-1459026663_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-70570500-1459026687_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-01314500-1459026718_thumb.jpg

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

Maybe to thin wheel a bit?

Hi Nenad

I dont think so! Remember, at your small measure the wheel should not be thicker, as I believe. Looks good, I would use it :) 

Regards, and hav a happy easter time, as possible!

Gerhard

Problems just mean: solutions not yet found

Models in progress

SMS DANZIG

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/12842-sms-danzig-1851-by-gerhardvienna-radio-150-scale/

USS CAIRO

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13282-uss-cairo-by-gerhardvienna-live-steam-radio/

Baby Bootlegger 1/10

http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13625-baby-bootlegger-110-radio-by-gerhardvienna/

Swiss paddlesteamer RIGI 1848 1:50, after plans from the Verkehrshaus Zürich, rescaled to original length

Anchor tugboat BISON, 1:50, plans from VTH, scratch

Finished models

See-Ewer ELBE, Constructo kit 1:48

German fastboat after plans from german Reichskriegsmarine measure unknown (too ugly to show up!)

German traffic boat for battleships WW2, 1:50, after plans from Jürgen Eichardt, scratch

German Schnellboot TIGER P6141 VTH plans, scratch

This year

Hi Nenad

I dont think so! Remember, at your small measure the wheel should not be thicker, as I believe. Looks good, I would use it :)

Regards, and hav a happy easter time, as possible!

Gerhard

We`ll see about wheel, Gerhard ... it seems it has to be a bit over-scaled ... we`ll see it ...

This year Catholic and Orthodox Easter are separated almost a month. The exact date of the celebration was the reason for many discussion since the time when Christianity outgrow from Judaism (first time at 154 year b.c), then at 325. ( first Nicene Council) etc etc until establishment a difference between Solar year and lunar Year  and Gregorian and Iulian Calendar. In Wikipedia it is elaborated very well. I have read a lot of books about religion development, and formed my own opinion, considering I am atheist

And now we are here we are, in my opinion, artificially separated to Catholic and Orthodox long time ago by religious or "religious" leaders wishful of power. But, this is ancient history, and some events in history followed with a particular course of conduct repeated through centuries becomes national custom and a part of national identity, national and religious holiday, anyhow nice time for family and friends to get together and to spend a good time.

This year Orthodox Easter is dated to may 1th, and considering there are five connected days of both holidays, my twin brother and his wife, my cousin and his wife, my niece and her husband and me, plan to travel couple o days and to visit famous locality  Đavolja Varoš  ( Devil`s town) 350 km from Belgrade to South, if zou can remember, a candidate for "seven wonders of world" couple of years ago. It will be a really great time, and I need it, desperately 

If I did not explain well name of thos locality, here are some pics from last time I was there nine years go traveling to Bulgaria, and I am sure you will recognize this place. I am sorry for bad pictures, they were made with bad camera many years ago

post-4738-0-25115000-1459073836_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-39294900-1459073843_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-24967600-1459073850_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-80195500-1459073856_thumb.jpg

I wish to all of my Catholic MSW friends to spend a good time during Easter !!!!

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

After fine fine trimming and painting, added hinges and name table

Final product temporary on place

post-4738-0-39784900-1459199631_thumb.jpg

post-4738-0-22636300-1459199664_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nenad

In progress:

Content of log :

Past build:

I too am grinning from ear to ear... looks spectacular.

Mark

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds: