YOUNG AMERICA 1853 by BiTao - FINISHED - 1:72

If i may ask? You seem to move ahead at great speed yet with incredible accuracy and precision. I am always mystified how one does so and yet maintains the quality you present. Do you spend many hours in a day at this and do you mass produce your elements via CNC or do you hand machine every part?

Joe

10 hours ago, Thistle17 said:

If i may ask? You seem to move ahead at great speed yet with incredible accuracy and precision. I am always mystified how one does so and yet maintains the quality you present. Do you spend many hours in a day at this and do you mass produce your elements via CNC or do you hand machine every part?

Joe

Hello, Joe. I'm sure a lot of people would have the same question. At least in China, I have exceeded the speed and quality of most people, even some teams. As a professional athlete, my perseverance and persistence have been destined to do everything well by heart, I will pay more effort than others. Because my job is so easy now, I can spend a lot of time on my hobbies every day. Usually sleep about five hours a day, often more than 18 hours in a personal studio (usually not less than 14 hours) ! Almost every part is made by hand. I am a very independent, and strictly in accordance with the standards and plans of people, not good at dealing with others. I have almost all the tools I need to make it, including CNC. However, you may not think, NC machining is precisely the only technology I do not have at present, so you will see, I can not finish the task of carving alone. But with the production of post-production needs, I will take time dedicated to learning operation. But I personally think, my works are unique, NC machining advantages only reflected in batch processing, single-component manufacturing process for me, too inefficient. I prefer to use machine tools or hand-made, of course, this requires very skilled operation. In the early days of the ship's construction, I was able to produce a maximum of 18 sets of ribs and a minimum of 5 sets (90 sets of ribs in total) in a single day, which I thought would be difficult even with CNC, after all, drawing, programming, tool path design, and verification all take a lot of time, and engraving is a slow process; for a single part that is almost non-repetitive, it doesn't make much sense to do so. Because of material and processing constraints, many parts in the processing process must be left over in order to adjust later. Otherwise, even if it is accurate, there will be a large deviation in the later stage of assembly. This is the incomparable advantage of manual operation. In order to improve efficiency and accuracy, and to take advantage of the technological advantages of processing, I have developed and designed many special tools to prevent others from plagiarizing my work, i rarely show it or sell it. For example, I designed the slipway, after many improvements and processing, has been able to cope with the vast majority of the 48-scale hull construction. This has also helped me a lot in terms of efficiency and accuracy. Every detail is made to a strict standard of quality, even if it is difficult to see the place to maintain the same quality, I think this is a lot of people ignore the place. I firmly believe that every basic detail is the key to the success or failure of a work, whether the work is complex or simple. Having said that, I sincerely hope that I can continue to complete my life plan in the future of the Five all-in-house sailboat works. And show the best results to everyone. I like the environment and friendly people here very much. I don't publish any works in China now. This is my only home.

47 minutes ago, bitao said:

This is my only home.

Bitao, your work is very much appreciated by the many who have come across your build log and we're honored to have you as part of our MSW family. I thank you for choosing MSW as your home and for sharing your skills and dedication.........Keith

1 hour ago, bitao said:

I sincerely hope that I can continue to complete my life plan in the future of the Five all-in-house sailboat works. And show the best results to everyone. I like the environment and friendly people here very much. I don't publish any works in China now. This is my only home.

Bitao, I'm with the others and will welcome you home to MSW.   I know that reading your build, I'm learning a lot.  

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

We are honored that you have chosen to display your work here Bitao. May I ask what your next ship model project will be?

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Bitao, Thank yo again for sharing your work with us. Not only are you skills well refined but also you have speed and stamina to boot. My question is what to you do with the completed work do you have a place to display them, and if so can you show us other work you have completed?

regards Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Ditto all the above - its a joy to see your build updates, tool manufacture and the quality of your work, even if it won't be seen later.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

12 hours ago, Keith Black said:

Bitao, your work is very much appreciated by the many who have come across your build log and we're honored to have you as part of our MSW family. I thank you for choosing MSW as your home and for sharing your skills and dedication.........Keith

We come from different countries and regions. But our shared interests have brought us together. I think we all learn from each other and promote each other in pursuit of a better production level. Thank you.

Bitao,

I read through your log once again, your speed through this build and the accuracy at which you build things must mean you don’t have time to remake something if it’s not right. At least that’s what I’m assuming, that must mean that everything you build is pretty much perfect right out of the gate. Simply amazing. 

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

11 hours ago, mtaylor said:

Bitao, I'm with the others and will welcome you home to MSW.   I know that reading your build, I'm learning a lot.  

Here, we can learn useful things from each other and improve our production level. In fact, in this world's highest level of forum, see other people's work also gave me more inspiration. That's what I love about this place! Thank you.

11 hours ago, dvm27 said:

We are honored that you have chosen to display your work here Bitao. May I ask what your next ship model project will be?

Right now, I just want to focus on getting this done, and I want it to be next month. I'll take a few days off and think about the next boat. After all, I haven't mastered the problem of numerical control carving, the next work is still to build the internal structure of the hull. I'm still  send a progress report here. Thank you for your attention.

11 hours ago, michael mott said:

Bitao, Thank yo again for sharing your work with us. Not only are you skills well refined but also you have speed and stamina to boot. My question is what to you do with the completed work do you have a place to display them, and if so can you show us other work you have completed?

regards Michael

Hello, Michael Mott. Your post has left a deep impression on me. In particular, you seem to be getting on in years, but you still take everything seriously and do it so well. Let me admire heartily! Because my home is full of tools, there is hardly any more space. Over the past 20 years, I have produced more than 200 different types of models, but fewer than 20 of the more satisfactory ones have been sold in China. I destroyed the rest, and I won't allow anything that's obviously defective to get out, even if someone else is paying for it. I'd be happy to show my work, but many of them are not sailboats, for fear of violating forum rules.

14 minutes ago, bitao said:

I'd be happy to show my work, but many of them are not sailboats, for fear of violating forum rules.

Thank you for you kind words. There is a place on this forum for showing other work that is not ship related like this post

I also enjoy other forms of model work,so there is a place for you to show us you other work.

regards Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

55 minutes ago, bitao said:

I'd be happy to show my work, but many of them are not sailboats, for fear of violating forum rules.

Bitao, please share. 

1 hour ago, michael mott said:

Thank you for you kind words. There is a place on this forum for showing other work that is not ship related like this post

I also enjoy other forms of model work,so there is a place for you to show us you other work.

regards Michael

Thank you for your guidance. I tried to post a piece. When I have time, I will send out other works。

There's only one phrase to repeat, and repeat, for your work - stunning work!

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Just amazing......

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

Just clipping along.....fantastic construction...on all levels.

Rob

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."