YOUNG AMERICA 1853 by BiTao - FINISHED - 1:72

• 2 months later...

Amazing...

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

• 3 weeks later...

Hi HYW,

it is masterful modeling all the way to date....

I also love the way you make your boats, the windless and the bilge pump, and the metal fitting out, let alone the wonderful corpus of the clippers hull....

Wunderbar !!

Nils

Current builds

-Lightship Elbe 1

Completed

- Steamship Ergenstrasse ex Laker Corsicana 1918- scale 1:87 scratchbuild

"Zeesboot"  heritage wooden fishing small craft around 1870, POB  clinker scratch build scale 1:24

Pilot Schooner # 5 ELBE  ex Wanderbird, scale 1:50 scratchbuild

Mississippi Sterwheelsteamer built as christmapresent for grandson modified kit build

Chebec "Eagle of Algier" 1753--scale 1:48-POB-(scratchbuild) 

"SS Kaiser Wilhelm der Grosse" four stacker passenger liner of 1897, blue ribbond awarded, 1:144 (scratchbuild)
"HMS Pegasus" , 16 gun sloop, Swan-Class 1776-1777 scale 1:64 from Amati plan 

-"Pamir" 4-mast barque, P-liner, 1:96  (scratchbuild)

-"Gorch Fock 2" German Navy cadet training 3-mast barque, 1:95 (scratchbuild) 

"Heinrich Kayser" heritage Merchant Steamship, 1:96 (scratchbuild)  original was my grandfathers ship

-"Bohuslän" , heritage ,live Swedish museum passenger steamer (Billings kit), 1:50 

"Lorbas", river tug, steam driven for RC, fictive design (scratchbuild), scale appr. 1:32

under restoration / restoration finished 

"Hjejlen" steam paddlewheeler, 1861, Billings Boats rare old kit, scale 1:50

Hyw,

Your workshop was incredible before, be interesting to see how it is improved with redecoration.

Finished builds are 

1/35 Endeavour's Longboat by Artesania Latina

1/36 scratch built Philadelphia Gunboat from the Smithsonian Plans

Current build is

Scratch build Boudroit's Monograph for La Jacinthe at 1/36

I can’t believe I just found this log... your work is incredible, maybe the best I have ever seen, and your work station is one the most professional work places I have seen for model ships. your work is truly an inspiration for someone like me who hopes to scratch build a clipper one day. 

I don’t have words for some of the things you have created like the windlass and pump. I want to say your work is unreal but that’s the exact opposite! 

It’s also crazy to think things like your two incredible boats will be secondary details compared to the final product! 

Bravo!

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

On the occasion of the coming New Year, I wish you all A happy new year! Thank you for your attention and encouragement. I will continue to work on the project as planned and try to finish it in the new year.

DSC10030.JPG.7b23be42206406e267322270bc3af8da.JPG

DSC10031.JPG.4ffe98bd33b88be43b35001f982f0953.JPG

DSC10032.JPG.7033705ed4f190b33697565ae34e6edd.JPG

DSC10033.JPG.f12fd4ed4cb929096e946d108474c665.JPG

DSC10034.JPG.5bc4a155122f8816d07f6ccc6da86470.JPG

DSC10035.JPG.579e24a0fe1d6101d19e7c895d86fc88.JPG

DSC10036.JPG.1c641d920363c4be6dd99539eb5594af.JPG

DSC10038.JPG.fe0348549bc4fd03be97e3cb8ce6c886.JPG

DSC10039.JPG.fb2d68d7427ef7a187fc400a08052e12.JPG

DSC10040.JPG.93474ff12cec3a928bc159dc138e1de3.JPG

You are giving Ed T a run for his money on your build!!!  Beautiful work.
allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

• 2 weeks later...

Truly exceptional workmanship and an astonishing model. 

I think what we are witnessing here is the true difference between The Master and The Apprentice in that the Master has failed more times than the apprentice has tried.

I mean that in a positive way bitao7967, since you mentioned in an earlier post that only the piece that passes your high standard gets pictured.

Happy modelling!

Håkan

Current build: Atlantica by Wintergreen

Previous builds

Kågen by Wintergreen

Regina by Wintergreen

Sea of Galilee boat, first century, sort of...

Billing Boats Wasa

Gallery:

Kågen (Cog, kaeg) by Wintergreen - 1:30Billing Boats Regina - 1:30Billing Boats Dana

16 hours ago, Wintergreen said:

Truly exceptional workmanship and an astonishing model. 

I think what we are witnessing here is the true difference between The Master and The Apprentice in that the Master has failed more times than the apprentice has tried.

I mean that in a positive way bitao7967, since you mentioned in an earlier post that only the piece that passes your high standard gets pictured.

Hello, Håkan. Like you said, I'm a serious man. Trying to do everything right. If it's not good enough, it's because of my limited abilities.

2 hours ago, GuntherMT said:

Very nice update, thanks.

Why the name change?

Thank you for your attention. In fact, I was introduced to this great forum by a friend. I like the work and the atmosphere. Also hope to be able to show their work, for everyone to exchange. Due to the registration restrictions, I entrusted a friend in the United States to register an account, the name is written casually, at that time because the permissions can not be changed, now the changed name is my network has been using the real name (no number) .

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous work as always.

Lovely work on the brass water tanks, what did you use to make the rivet lines in the water tanks?  The pictures aren't real clear on that final detail that it appears you added.

Thanks,

Hello, just found your log.  

Thank you for posting, seems to set the standard for how this is done!  

All the best in the new year.

-Rich

Stunning work as we have come to expect from you; I very much look forward to further updates.

cheers

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

10 hours ago, GuntherMT said:

Gorgeous work as always.

Lovely work on the brass water tanks, what did you use to make the rivet lines in the water tanks?  The pictures aren't real clear on that final detail that it appears you added.

Thanks,

Thanks for the heads-up. Because in my computer can be enlarged to see, but the forum has the picture limitation, retake under add. All 2,000 or so rivet holes with 0.3 mm drill bits took two days to complete.

DSC10075.JPG.2a538e8eb5fd2467eb64697e1e7024a0.JPG

DSC10076.JPG.a0d90a2203b92e88ab70be5002988d81.JPG

8 hours ago, ERS Rich said:

Hello, just found your log.  

Thank you for posting, seems to set the standard for how this is done!  

All the best in the new year.

-Rich

Thank you for asking. I just want to do the best I can with every part. But I believe that many people here if they have enough patience and perseverance, will be able to!

3 hours ago, BANYAN said:

Stunning work as we have come to expect from you; I very much look forward to further updates.

cheers

Pat

Thank you for keeping an eye on me. I'm  keep going until I'm done. Estimated about half a month or so I will update in time. I don't have the third volume, so I'll probably have to cancel the rope part, but I'll try to finish the hull part within the year.

Edited by bitao7697

47 minutes ago, bitao7697 said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Because in my computer can be enlarged to see, but the forum has the picture limitation, retake under add. All 2,000 or so rivet holes with 0.3 mm drill bits took two days to complete.

DSC10075.JPG.2a538e8eb5fd2467eb64697e1e7024a0.JPG

DSC10076.JPG.a0d90a2203b92e88ab70be5002988d81.JPG

Very nice.  Do you plan to fill the holes with rivets or simulated rivets or just leave it like this since this is all belowdecks?

Hi Gunther MT.  Because without the rivet holes, it's hard to see the assembled modules. Its function is only to reflect the split structure, water tanks hidden below the deck, do not need too much energy to pursue the above rivets, after all, its cap diameter is only 0.3, the maximum size of the raised plate must not be greater than 0.05-0.08, must be round head. It's a hard job, and I think it's a pyrrhic victory. So I cut a hole in it to show it. Of course, if it's above deck, I'll try to be as specific as possible.