YOUNG AMERICA 1853 by BiTao - FINISHED - 1:72

It took nearly a year to complete, and the work was completed after the entire body was painted and the base was made. Unfortunately, I didn't get a third book on ropes, so I couldn't finish the EDT. Here, I thank all my dear friends who have supported and encouraged me from beginning to end! This forum has given me a great comfort, but also gave me a huge space to show. We all want to make it better for the same reason. I will take some time off later to continue with the next piece! Also hoped that each friend can point out my insufficiency, lets my work be more perfect. Thank you!:champagne-popping-smiley-emotic:cheers:

470.JPG.ecdf76dd1a0a3342b88ffe8a0cce9814.JPG

471.JPG.606533230f99c62388a90f6c74968dd2.JPG

472.thumb.JPG.6dcf340cab154b0da81b7a3401b46272.JPG

473.JPG.c2e76cde819b05c21ae60eb41b3b59da.JPG

474.JPG.e21e01a64ae48869ce26046e7da0d621.JPG

476.JPG.cbfcf6887d2f0b31f244859667c639a1.JPG

478.thumb.JPG.eb91fed17afda88bcf41bac9b4a6a1ca.JPG

479.thumb.JPG.184a7e54c72351f251dceb0042e4fbd2.JPG

480.JPG.d27cfdbb7225d66c2330768a5cb27e95.JPG

Bitao, congratulations on the completion of your stunning Young America build. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to tag along on the journey with you. I look forward to your next build, enjoy your down time......Keith

Your model belongs in a nautical museum Bitao. Or imagine her displayed next to the actual Cutty Sark. We hope you'll continue posting you build logs here!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

Bitao, you did an incredible job, congratulations!

Leo Moons

Nous sommes condamnés à être libre

Present build: Cutty Sark by Sergal/Mantua 1:78

Previous builds:

- Collie by Graupner RC Sailing boat

- Blue Nose II by Billing Boats

- Harvey by Artesania Latina

- Oceanic by Revell RC Tugboat

- Thyssen II by Graupner RC Pushing boat

Just fantastic, Bitao.   Congratulations.   I hope you have a fitting place to display her.

Mark
"The shipwright is slow, but the wood is patient." - me

Current Build:                                                                                             
Past Builds:
 La Belle Poule 1765 - French Frigate from ANCRE plans - ON HOLD           Triton Cross-Section   

NRG Hallf Hull Planking Kit                                                                            HMS Sphinx 1775 - Vanguard Models - 1:64               

Non-Ship Model:                                                                                         On hold, maybe forever:           

CH-53 Sikorsky - 1:48 - Revell - Completed                                                   Licorne - 1755 from Hahn Plans (Scratch) Version 2.0 (Abandoned)         

Congratulations on this build Bitao, it is a fine example of well executed joinery and quality craftsmanship.

regards

Pat

If at first you do not suceed, try, and then try again!
Current build: HMCSS Victoria (Scratch)

Next build: HMAS Vampire (3D printed resin, scratch 1:350)

Built:          Battle Station (Scratch) and HM Bark Endeavour 1768 (kit 1:64)

Congratulations on the completion of your current build Bitao. Thank you for sharing it with us and also for showing us the other work. I will look in again when you begin your new build.

Michael

Current builds  Bristol Pilot Cutter 1:8;      Skipjack 19 foot Launch 1:8;       Herreshoff Buzzards Bay 14 1:8

Other projects  Pilot Cutter 1:500 ;   Maria, 1:2  Now just a memory    

Future model Gill Smith Catboat Pauline 1:8

Finished projects  A Bassett Lowke steamship Albertic 1:100  

Anything you can imagine is possible, when you put your mind to it.

Thank you very much for your encouragement and appreciation! I want to take some time off, think about the next boat, get the planks ready. It is my habit to study the drawings and the original artist's photographs carefully before starting to make them. I hope to see you next month at the latest.:cheers:

congrats bitao, your work is some of the most incredible I have ever seen. I am very much looking forward to following along on your next build!

Bradley

Current Builds:

Flying Fish - Model Shipways - 1:96

Future Builds:

Young America 1853 - Scratch Build - 1:72

Completed Builds:

HMS Racehorse - Mantua - 1:47 (No pictures unfortunately)

Providence Whale Boat - Artesania Latina - 1:25 (Also no pictures)

Lowell Grand Banks Dory - Model Shipways - 1:24

Shelved Builds:

Pride of Baltimore 2 - Model Shipways - 1:64 (Also no pictures)

Well...it is always a solemn moment when someone finishes a build....the anticipation and excitement of visiting and viewing will be greatly missed.....however.  Congrats on one of the best examples of model shipwright construction around. 
You picked a well documented example to model....and from what we have seen you have executed it completely and most accurately.

Thanks for the wonderful adventure....and may we be blessed with your new build in the near future.

Again....congratulations on her completion as an exploded construction example of a wonderful Webb clipper.

Rob  

Current build:

Build log: https://modelshipworld.com/topic/25382-glory-of-the-seas-medium-clipper-1869-by-rwiederrich-196

Finished build:

Build log: of 1/128th Great Republic: http://modelshipworld.com/index.php/topic/13740-great-republic-by-rwiederrich-four-masted-extreme-clipper-1853/#

Current build(On hold):

Build log: 1/96  Donald McKay:http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/topic/4522-donald-mckay-medium-clipper-by-rwiederrich-1855/

Completed build:  http://modelshipworld.com/index.php?/gallery/album/475-196-cutty-sark-plastic/

The LORD said, "See, I have set (them) aside...with skills of all kinds, to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver, and bronze, to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts."

I am still scratching my head bitao; incredible work in an incredibly short period. I used to work in a software development group and the manager I assumed responsibility from had a saying. "You can always tell the quality of the work by the sharpness of ones tools". So I look at your table saw top and see not a scratch or mar. I have studied your shop made tools. I have witnessed your execellence of work produc and  I am dazzled by your speed of execution. What else can I say but well done indeed!

Joe

12 hours ago, Thistle17 said:

I am still scratching my head bitao; incredible work in an incredibly short period. I used to work in a software development group and the manager I assumed responsibility from had a saying. "You can always tell the quality of the work by the sharpness of ones tools". So I look at your table saw top and see not a scratch or mar. I have studied your shop made tools. I have witnessed your execellence of work produc and  I am dazzled by your speed of execution. What else can I say but well done indeed!

Joe

Thank you, Joe. In my opinion, any good tool can not be separated from anyone skilled operation, otherwise not only poor accuracy, but also bring potential danger. Usually before I make it, I plan the sequence of each part, and I back up 2-3 ways of processing each part to prevent failure and inefficiency. I also like to judge how I work by other people's marks, which is probably a habit I've developed over the years. Because not everyone is willing to show how it's done. I can see that you are a very careful person, I think your daily work is also very excellent! Have a good day.:P

• 3 weeks later...

Congratulations!  Beautifully done!

Building: 1:64 HMS Revenge (Victory Models plans)

1:64 Cat Esther (17th Century Dutch Merchant Ships)

On the building slip: 1:72 French Ironclad Magenta (original shipyard plans)

On hold: 1:98 Mantua HMS Victory (kit bash), 1:96 Shipyard HMS Mercury

Favorite finished builds:  1:60 Sampang Good Fortune (Amati plans), 1:200 Orel Ironclad Solferino, 1:72 Schooner Hannah (Hahn plans), 1:72 Privateer Prince de Neufchatel (Chapelle plans), Model Shipways Sultana, Heller La Reale, Encore USS Olympia

Goal: Become better than I was yesterday

"The hardest part is deciding to try." - me

So sorry i never followed this build, she looks fantastic, well done

Its all part of Kev's journey, bit like going to the dark side, but with the lights on

All the best

Kevin :omg:

SAY NO TO PIRACY. SUPPORT ORIGINAL IDEAS AND MANUFACTURERS.
KEEP IT REAL!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the build table

HMS Indefatigable 1794 by Kevin - Vanguard Models - 1:64 - Feb 2023 

HMHS Britannic by Kevin 

SD 14  - Marcle Models - 1/70 - March 2022 -  Bluebell - Flower Class - Revel - 1/72   U552 German U Boat - Trumpeter - 1/48  Amerigo Vespucci     1/84 - Panart-   HMS Enterprise  -CAF -  1/48     

Finished     

St-Nectan-Mountfleet-models-steam-trawler-1/32 - Completed June 2020

HMS Victory - Caldercraft/Jotika - 1/72 - Finished   Dorade renamed Dora by Kevin - Amati - 1/20 - Completed March 2021 

Stage Coach 1848 - Artesania Latina - 1/10 -Finished Lady Eleanor by Kevin - FINISHED - Vanguard Models - 1/64 - Fifie fishing boat