Chaperon by joep4567 - 1:48 - Sternwheeler

I'm curious about your decision-making on having the hog chains arc so high above the hurricane deck. Is this a personal aesthetic decision or are you basing it on a different prototype? 

I based the length of these trusses on a drawing  in Alan Bates book This drawing was in the first few pages of the book but I can't say what page or figure number as i don't have it with me right now. That is to say no real reason other than his drawing ( i may shorten the middle one a bit) . I built a jig from which I'm building the boiler deck handrail so i'm wanting to complete it and a few other things before i go back to the chains.

IMG_4278.JPG

IMG_4279.JPG

IMG_4280.JPG

Eric it has inconsistent spacing and slats which are probably too wide ( although making the slats narrow would probably cause a different set of problems) and it is just  kind of messy. I do think I could do a little better if I was to try again but then I don't know for certain.

Just checked in on your build again and I think it is gorgeous.  The details are top notch!!

Allan

PLEASE take 30 SECONDS and sign up for the epic Nelson/Trafalgar project if you would like to see it made into a TV series.   Click on http://trafalgar.tv   There is no cost other than the 30 seconds of your time.  THANK YOU

Joe, 

I have read through your build log.....

Now this build of yours is really good, but I do have a problem with all the pictures....

Don't take me wrong, ... I think many others may agree with me.

Your work area are to clean!😄. Maybe I have seen a speckle or two of some saw dust.... 

And all tools are in place....

Beautiful job done!

Please, visit our Facebook page!

Respectfully

Per aka Dr. Per@Therapy for Shipaholics 
593661798_Keepitreal-small.jpg.f8a2526a43b30479d4c1ffcf8b37175a.jpg

Finished: T37, BB Marie Jeanne - located on a shelf in Sweden, 18th Century Longboat, Winchelsea Capstan

Current: America by Constructo, Solö Ruff, USS Syren by MS, Bluenose by MS

Viking funeral: Harley almost a Harvey

Nautical Research Guild Member - 'Taint a hobby if you gotta hurry

• 1 year later...