Bucktool

Anyone have experience with Bucktool machines?  I was researching scroll saws to fine one to replace the old and decrepit Dremel I have when I ran across this company.  Specs on their 16" scroll saw look good and the price is within my budget.  Reviews look ok.  It isn't a top of line machine but has some very nice features like a foot switch and cast iron table that similar machines from Wen, Shopfox, etc do not have.  Looking for some input from users.  https://www.amazon.com/BUCKTOOL-16-inch-Variable-Scroll-Pinless/dp/B07T4N9L93

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

• 4 weeks later...

No responses to my inquiry.  I went ahead and bought a Bucktool scroll saw anyway as it had pretty good reviews on Amazon and had more features than other saws in my price range. 

Saw arrived today and first impressions are very good.  Haven't cut anything with it yet but after setup and blade installation I gave it a dry run.  Sitting loose on a concrete floor it ran very quite with very little vibration.

The saw is rather heavy with a cast iron base and table.  Table insert is steel and fits very well.  Blade installation is easy and the air blower actually works but not sure if it will be up to clearing a lot of sawdust.

So far so good.  After cutting some wood for a model I am working on I will let you know the score.

My advice and comments are always worth what you paid for them.

A cutoff of a 2x12 makes for a good base.  Both Lowes and Home Depot, list - price not absure - HD will cut - avoid treated lumber.  The samples of Armstrong lino flooring -  maybe two layers at each bolt as a washer/ pad  vibration insurance.

NRG member 45 years

Current:  

HMS Centurion 1732 - 60-gun 4th rate - Navall Timber framing

HMS Beagle 1831 refiit  10-gun brig with a small mizzen - Navall (ish) Timber framing

The U.S. Ex. Ex. 1838-1842
Flying Fish 1838  pilot schooner -  framed - ready for stern timbers
Porpose II  1836  brigantine/brig - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers
Vincennes  1825  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers assembled, need shaping
Peacock  1828  Sloop-of -War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Sea Gull  1838  pilot schooner -  timbers ready for assembly
Relief  1835  ship - timbers ready for assembly

Other

Portsmouth  1843  Sloop-of-War  -  timbers ready for assembly
Le Commerce de Marseilles  1788   118 cannons - framed

La Renommee 1744 Frigate - framed - ready for hawse and stern timbers