New movie Greyhound

stuglo

On 7/31/2020 at 1:14 AM, glbarlow said:

Not sure about all the harsh judgements and concerns about accuracy, seems silly. It’s a movie. They used the USS Bainbridge because it was available for filming. It’s a 98 minute streaming movie, of course there is CGI involved. 

I read the book recently, it was not as good as the movie.  The movie is an exceptionally well told tale about leadership under extreme pressure, if you missed that point I suggest you watch it again. 

Are you sure about USS Bainbridge?  I didn't think there was a Fletcher named that.  There was a Clemson class destroyer named Bainbridge, but she was a four piper.

Regards,

Henry

Laissez le bon temps rouler ! 

Current Build:  Le Soleil Royal

Completed Build Amerigo Vespucci

All I know is that my cable bill with Xfinity is over $300/month but I can't watch a damn Apple TV movie because of some digital buffoonery . Watching a WW2 movie with Tom Hanks on a computer screen just seems wrong. It was made for a 60" screen (at least)!

Greg

website
Admiralty Models

moderator Echo Cross-section build
Admiralty Models Cross-section Build

Finished build
Pegasus, 1776, cross-section

Current build
Speedwell, 1752

40 minutes ago, dvm27 said:

my cable bill with Xfinity is over $300/month

No offense Greg, but that is outrageous!   I don't pay for cable, just internet.   We have HBO, Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney Plus, Peacock and Apple TV and we pay less than $200 for all of it (including the high speed internet to stream it).   I havent see an ad or a commercial in 3 years.   It all is connected seamlessly on our living room TV (and can be watched anywhere we happen to go.  That said, I watched Greyhound on my phone, on a plane and still loved it.    Cable TV is a rip-off. 

3 hours ago, dvm27 said:

damn Apple TV movie

I watched it on my 85 inch TV using Amazon Fire Stick and the Apple TV app. Apple TV is not limited to a computer. 

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose

3 hours ago, popeye2sea said:

Are you sure about USS Bainbridge

My mistake, it was the USS Kidd in Baton Rouge. There were 4-5 destroyers named Bainbridge including the first one in 1903 and a current Arleigh Burke class but apparently not in the movie Greyhound.  

Regards,

Glenn

Current Build: HMS Winchelsea
Completed Builds: HM Flirt (paused) HM Cutter CheerfulLady NelsonAmati HMS Vanguard,  
HMS Pegasus, Fair American, HM Granado, HM Pickle, AVS, Pride of Baltimore, Bluenose